PDA

View Full Version : Private Chat

Jockstrap
12-23-2009, 06:07 PM
I believe it would be a positive if you were able to start a private chat with someone without having to be in the chat room. For example you could click on there username and if they are online you could start a chat.

BettyBoop
12-23-2009, 06:20 PM
I like this idea, it sounds interesting. Though it might be hard to do and could ultimately lead to people getting annoyed and having to ignore EVERYONE.

owned
12-23-2009, 06:21 PM
i love this idea. and if you didnt like it there should be a button to disable it. so those who wanted it could use it and those who got annoyed could either block one person or just trun it off completely

depp
12-23-2009, 06:22 PM
This wuld be very easy to add. I'm opposed to the idea however as many users just want to read and not be bothered. The way things are setup now, if you want to chat, you can.

BettyBoop
12-23-2009, 06:23 PM
i love this idea. and if you didnt like it there should be a button to disable it. so those who wanted it could use it and those who got annoyed could either block one person or just trun it off completely
That's perfect actually. If you didn't want it, you could just disable it and be permanently offline. You could also disable it for everyone not on your friends list.

Jockstrap
12-23-2009, 06:26 PM
A solution to your concern would be that you could "turn off" you chat so that people couldn't open a chat window with you. My idea was just a thought and could me developed into a more complex and detailed idea my the GetDare Staff. I personally feel that it would be a great addition to the site. It could even be modeled after the offline button that so many Facebook users are already used too.

Antiperson
12-23-2009, 07:48 PM
I have experienced this on other sites - it seems to slow the experience down rather. There are several good alternatives in the form of MSN,Yahoo, Skype, ICQ, AIM. If you want to keep it seperate, just get one of those you don't have, and create a new name (or create a new name on one you have, just for your gd/etc friends if you don't want to risk chatting to both at once).

IMHO (ok, flame me now for using that), things should be left as-is. Although you can't private-chat instantly, it all works at a good speed:)

Keep up the good work

Anti

PS - it also creates a whole new moderation nightmare!