PDA

View Full Version : Getdare Specal

lokelake
12-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I think it would be a pretty good idea to have something like a getdare special. Like, depp can show (a picture) something to the getdare community about getdare, that no one had seen. No one had seen because either depp chose to not to showed a picture of it to anyone, or, something about the behind the secnes with the moderation.

The bolded sentence above is what I was trying to get at what this special is about.

Example of what I mean: All the non staff members hadn't seen the moderation center, so depp could take a snapshot of it, and show it on the getdare forums.

Slenderman - Doctor
12-15-2009, 05:57 PM
No. That's just being nosey for no valid reason.

Mod Central is like a huge temple though, all sparkly and clean and big and shiney :p Trust me ;)

lokelake
12-15-2009, 05:59 PM
No. That's just being nosey for no valid reason.

Mod Central is like a huge temple though, all sparkly and clean and big and shiney :p Trust me ;)

No, it's not being nosy at all. I think it will be a great special for the users to see something that otherwise, they would never get to see.

It's also a nice new thing to bring to getdare IMO.

Manbearpig
12-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Picture the mod section like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGpVcdqeS0.

In all seriousness, I am not sure if this would ever work. A lot of stuff in the mod section we simply cannot show users because of privacy issues. It is the mod area for a reason...it is for mods.

Slenderman - Doctor
12-15-2009, 06:03 PM
No, it's not being nosy at all. I think it will be a great special for the users to see something that otherwise, they would never get to see.

It's also a nice new thing to bring to getdare IMO.

But why?

The mod section is just like any other section. And it is nosey.

I sorta understand your point - seeing something new and exciting - but it's just not the right sorta thing to do, imo, and there are privacy issues. I'm sure the mods have nothing to hide but, well, it's the mod's area after all.

(MBP beat me to it :()

lokelake
12-15-2009, 06:11 PM
I am not saying show just the mod center, but like, show out of the ordinary stuff relating to getdare that members don't see everyday, that depp only sees.

Slenderman - Doctor
12-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I am not saying show just the mod center, but like, show out of the ordinary stuff relating to getdare that members don't see everyday, that depp only sees.

But why?

Depp's the admin, so he obviously has full control of the site. His control panel is nothing to do with us. It won't benefit us and it probably isn't that interesting anyway.

:rolleyes:

lokelake
12-15-2009, 06:15 PM
But why?

Depp's the admin, so he obviously has full control of the site. His control panel is nothing to do with us. It won't benefit us and it probably isn't that interesting anyway.

:rolleyes:

Never mind. I guess I really cant explain what I am meaning here.

Here is another example to demonstrate what I mean albeit a bizarre one.

depp saw a strange picture. He decided to just show it to his mods, but then one day, for the getdare special, he showed it publicly

Slenderman - Doctor
12-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Never mind. I guess I really cant explain what I am meaning here.

Here is another example to demonstrate what I mean albeit a bizarre one.

depp saw a strange picture. He decided to just show it to his mods, but then one day, for the getdare special, he showed it publicly

But that's completely different to your original idea.

There's a difference between screenshotting the mod area and showing a random picture...

Manbearpig
12-15-2009, 06:21 PM
I have to agree with Marvin on this one. While I am sure somewhere there are areas that MAY be show-able (I cannot think of any), it would be just kept to leave the mod areas private to only those who are suppose to see them (aka the mods)

Slenderman - Doctor
12-15-2009, 06:26 PM
I have to agree with Marvin on this one. While I am sure somewhere there are areas that MAY be show-able (I cannot think of any), it would be just kept to leave the mod areas private to only those who are suppose to see them (aka the mods)

I don't want to appear as though I'm ganging up with anyone but I agree with this.

And I wanted to add... depp has enough on his plate as it is, running this site. Look at the updates and upgrades he promises, when he has time. We should be grateful he's even still here running the site. I just see "getDare specials" as a waste of time and a bit pointless.

We always get little tidbits anyway. Two examples...

1. The snowman. Depp didn't have to do it, but he did for a bit of festive fun.
2. The new "getDare Addict" title.

I consider these to be "getDare specials"... little things we get without asking, and unexpected surprises.

LilAngel
12-16-2009, 12:03 AM
We always get little tidbits anyway. Two examples...

1. The snowman. Depp didn't have to do it, but he did for a bit of festive fun.
2. The new "getDare Addict" title.

And the change in the direction of the shadow on the 'getDare' title next to the snowman? ;)

Honestly, the mod section isn't really that interesting. And depp's too busy to randomly show us pictures either. :rolleyes:

So if this [which probably won't] happen, you'll be looking at.... possibly months even years without a single update.

depp
12-16-2009, 12:52 AM
I actually remember posting some images recently that included a small part of the front-page moderation system. I've also posted recently what the reports look like. Don't remember the thread names but that info is out there.

Edit: Here are pictures of the dare approval system (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=36318). These represent just a small part of the custom backed I've written.

Tiger
12-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Here is what the reports look like: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=187279#post187279 :)

BettyBoop
12-16-2009, 09:51 AM
I actually remember posting some images recently that included a small part of the front-page moderation system. I've also posted recently what the reports look like. Don't remember the thread names but that info is out there.

Edit: Here are pictures of the dare approval system (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=36318). These represent just a small part of the custom backed I've written.
"Looking sexy today depp!"

Frosty McBalls
12-23-2009, 05:38 AM
As a close personal friend of the mods I have still not been permitted to see this illustrious section of the forums. So if I cant see it (and im a cool snowman) what chance does anyone else have?

oh well maybe next year when the snow is falling and the ice is fine.