PDA

View Full Version : question

sonicj01
05-20-2019, 02:40 PM
hi, im new to fetish stuff and id like to know if most sub/dom relationships are sexual or do people just enjoy it? also are they 24/7 usually? Thanks

Everill
05-21-2019, 09:34 AM
Identifying as an Ace I can tell you that the sub/dom relationships I've been a part of haven't been very sexual but it'll vary massively from person to person.

Some people enjoy it in a sexual way, some people like the power exchange, some people just want some authority in life.

As for the 24/7 part is can be, it's mostly up to the sub's or dom's availability and also if they think they can manage 24/7 relationships.

I think you'd be better of asking the dom or sub before entering a relationship with them as the answer can change between relationships

kurious kat
05-21-2019, 10:54 PM
Some people engage in bdsm purely as a way to have more sex (or more interesting sex, etc.) Others engage in bdsm as a way to experience the power differential, but have little or no direct sexual interaction. Even if the activity itself is nearly identical, these approaches can feel quite different in tone -- so it can be helpful to pair with someone whose preferred approach matches yours.

As for 24/7, that's something that can mean different things to different people. Being actively kinky 24/7 is a lot of work (for both sides), so it's not uncommon for that to burn out quickly if there are lots of rules one is constantly trying to follow. On the other hand, some 24/7 participants are always "on call" for their partner, but spend much of their time doing everyday things that aren't really kinky at all.

It's also common for a couple to only explore their dom/sub play in the bedroom, or only when one person signals that they're interested in taking on that role, and work as 100% equals the rest of the time. Many kinky people aren't into 24/7 at all.

In the end, what really matters is that the style you choose makes YOU happy, and matches the things that you're looking for.