PDA

View Full Version : xp on getdare

rocketfish
12-01-2009, 06:46 PM
ok, i had this good idea i think would be cool if you guys don't oh well just putting it out there as a possibility. Ive been using a site called wegame (gaming site) and when you post and stuff you get xp and can lvl up for getting so much... i thought it would be cool if getdare did something like this where you get xp for posting pics, posting on threads, making threads, commenting on photos and profiles and stuff like that. again just putting this out there because i like the idea of earning xp or gold doing stuff like that =)

Glutgod
12-01-2009, 07:08 PM
A while back there was something like this on getdare. It was called "Dare Points", sure it seems like a good idea. But what happens is everybody post shit quality post and spams everything. Didn't work out very well.

fork
12-01-2009, 07:57 PM
There is xp on getdare. When you get enough posts, your title changes from Newbie, to Member, to Junior Member, to Senior Member, to Distinguished Member, to Getdare Addict. All they need to do is increase the number of posts between these levels.. or add a lot more :p

rocketfish
12-01-2009, 07:59 PM
There is xp on getdare. When you get enough posts, your title changes from Newbie, to Member, to Junior Member, to Senior Member, to Distinguished Member, to Getdare Addict. All they need to do is increase the number of posts between these levels.. or add a lot more :p

that is true... though i was more thinking of gaining lvls like lvl 1 lvl 2 and so on and maybe adding new titles for hitting certain lvls

Slenderman - Doctor
12-02-2009, 04:32 AM
Level up ^__^

Sounds like it'd be great on a gaming forum. I agree with what fork and Glutgod said above. A similar thing was done and didn't work. Then we had rep which was similar and that blew the forum up (not literally). And we have member statuses which works in a similar way.

Manbearpig
12-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Dare points were here and they failed. Miserably. Rep was here and that failed. Once again, Miserably (mainly because there were more users here). I think what we have here is fine.

rocketfish
12-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Dare points were here and they failed. Miserably. Rep was here and that failed. Once again, Miserably (mainly because there were more users here). I think what we have here is fine.

your probably right, i guess i just like the idea of lvling up for doing stuff (dam World of Warcraft =) )

The Evil Porlo
12-04-2009, 07:43 AM
In my opinion, it is a good idea, gaining points for posts and pics but you should lose points for shit posts and wasting staff time. I think it would work but I dont mind, Id like to see a chang elike this happen, make it more like a game rather than just a forum :)

Slenderman - Doctor
12-04-2009, 10:42 AM
In my opinion, it is a good idea, gaining points for posts and pics but you should lose points for shit posts and wasting staff time. I think it would work but I dont mind, Id like to see a chang elike this happen, make it more like a game rather than just a forum :)

But games come with competition and competition comes with arguments and rule-breakers and cheats etc.

I could see it being fun, but some people would try and abuse it. And how do you judge what's a good post and what's a shit post? There are some things you just can't judge or say, without someone else disagreeing entirely. Then some people may be biased. Some may cry or get ratty because of jealousy. I think there are enough arguments here as it is.

When we lost rep, I wanted it back. But now, I'm not arsed and I actually prefer it the way it is. Everyone is equal, with no sorta "status" saying "haha, I'm better than you".

Manbearpig
12-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Look at the sites early history with dare points and no 16 character rule. As much fun as that time was, the posts were pure crap (myself included). Ask people like myself, Glutgod and Depp, it just wasn't good. It all seems good, and to a level it might be. In the end however, it just wasn't worth it.

rocketfish
12-04-2009, 03:24 PM
could see it being fun, but some people would try and abuse it. And how do you judge what's a good post and what's a shit post?
what ever is normally trashed is a bad post id guess.

Slenderman - Doctor
12-04-2009, 03:29 PM
what ever is normally trashed is a bad post id guess.

But only threads get trashed, not single posts :p

rocketfish
12-04-2009, 03:32 PM
good point. have some one go through every post? ... that would be hard!

Slenderman - Doctor
12-04-2009, 03:37 PM

That would be hard. And, again, how would you judge it? What someone may class as "rubbish", someone else may class as "okay". Or something. And who would want to dedicate hours trawling through every post?

The idea's rather nice in theory but, practically, I can't see it working at all.

BettyBoop
12-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Maybe it wouldn't be fair to judge people on every single post they make. Threads, maybe. But still, not everyone likes to make threads. I feel this idea wouldn't work because a lot of people on the site may be forgotten as they aren't as "out there" as some and that's just unfair.