PDA

View Full Version : Hypnosis

minimarshmellow
01-20-2019, 09:33 AM
So I spent all weekend at a hypnosis convention, and now I am jazzed about telling people all about it!

If you have any hypnosis related questions, feel free to ask below.

*This is not an advertisement to do hypnosis. This is only for hypnosis discussions and education.

dannyfanny720
01-20-2019, 09:39 AM
Would you be interesting in hypnotizing people now that you've learned about it?

minimarshmellow
01-20-2019, 10:34 AM
Would you be interesting in hypnotizing people now that you've learned about it?

I am working on building up the confidence to actually hypnotize someone, but right now no, especially not online.

dannyfanny720
01-20-2019, 10:38 AM
I've never been hypnotized, but I always thought it was just the person going along with a roleplay. As you build your confidence and gain experience, sounds like you'll enjoy it more and more as time goes on. You'll probably start out with simple funny tasks, then get more deeper, get the people undressed a little or completely, and have even more fun.

Was it a workshop or classroom setting they taught it?

revealing
01-20-2019, 10:39 AM
So how exactly does hypnosis work? Can anyone be hypnotized?

minimarshmellow
01-20-2019, 10:46 AM
I've never been hypnotized, but I always thought it was just the person going along with a roleplay. As you build your confidence and gain experience, sounds like you'll enjoy it more and more as time goes on. You'll probably start out with simple funny tasks, then get more deeper, get the people undressed a little or completely, and have even more fun.

Was it a workshop or classroom setting they taught it?

To start I would probably just stick with a rather basic up/down. Then once you have your trancee conditioned to you as a tist, then you can start doing more things. Considering I am rather asexual, I don't have any interest in doing sexual things.

They offered both workshops and classroom settings. Also, there has been a ton of time to socialize and just talk about it as well.

BakedBeing
01-20-2019, 10:48 AM
I have been a hypnosis subject before,they was some of the most amazing experiences. I highly recommend it to any submissive person.

Great topic, i think, looking forward to reading more about it. My question to you is, can a subject be hypnotised without knowing about it?

minimarshmellow
01-20-2019, 10:49 AM
So how exactly does hypnosis work? Can anyone be hypnotized?

Hypnosis is a natural state everyone finds themselves in every single day. Some examples include after you just wake up, as you fall asleep, or even while you are driving when you "zone out". All those are considered a trance state. So yes, anyone can be hypnotized. You just need consent and their modality to best suit the induction for them.

Hypnosis works in a ton of different ways. There are a ton of inductions, modalities, and "end goals" of hypnosis. You can make it suit for what you and your partner are willing to negotiate.

Consent and negotiation are KEY!

minimarshmellow
01-20-2019, 10:55 AM
I have been a hypnosis subject before,they was some of the most amazing experiences. I highly recommend it to any submissive person.

Great topic, i think, looking forward to reading more about it. My question to you is, can a subject be hypnotised without knowing about it?

Great question! Yes you can. It is called convert hypnotism. That relies more on NLP. The biggest thing with covert is being sure you have consent from all people involved.

In a sense, all hypnosis is self hypnosis. If you do not want it to happen, it won't. However, hypnosis mixed with NLP or gaslighting could make a person "think" they want it, even though they really do not. That is why consent and negotiation are so important in hypnosis. Gotta keep those minds safe!

An_Jon
10-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Would you say there's a certain style or demeanour that suits you best when it comes to hypnotism?

If all proper consents and negotiations are given and undertaken, do you feel that there's an approach to hypnotism that wouldn't work on you and what is it?

minimarshmellow
10-11-2019, 07:47 PM
Would you say there's a certain style or demeanour that suits you best when it comes to hypnotism?

If all proper consents and negotiations are given and undertaken, do you feel that there's an approach to hypnotism that wouldn't work on you and what is it?

I apologize now for the length that is this message.

My modality is auditory digital (aka analytical). Some people think this modality is harder to work with; however, that isn't true. You just have to work with this modality slightly different.

In my personal case, I HATE relaxation inductions. They are beyond boring for me. Things that I have found work well for me are confusion inductions and overload. With confusion inductions it has to be very rapid since my mind processes information rather quickly. For example, I listened to a 7+/-2 induction about a year ago, once. I still can list almost all of the steps in order. So for a confusion induction to really work on me it has to be fast and confusing as heck. Overload is easier to accomplish for me, since I already process more sensory information than the average person. So the core of this would be utilizing different senses all at once. One of my favorite inductions is a butterfly induction. This is accomplished by the tist fluttering or "butterflying" their fingers in front of the subjects eyes rapidly. The visual stimulus of the fluttering fingers, plus the auditory of the tist speaking, plus the slight confusion induced by the random pattern of the fingers, I am usually gone really fast.

Going back to your second question, my answer is relaxation inductions. Like I said before, I absolutely HATE them. The only way a relaxation induction might work on me is if the tist is very conditioned, they use an authoritative approach, and they build that overload sensation by referring to all the sensory information available.

Given all that information, I still have found I only drop well for one tist. I did have a few sessions with another tist, but I was not fully dropping. Now all of this may change if I built strong rapport with another tist. Hypnosis requires a lot of trust and rapport.

slaveboy82
10-11-2019, 08:14 PM
I have tried various hypnosis files on another site and have had some success. I guess it only works if you want it to.

minimarshmellow
10-11-2019, 08:24 PM
I have tried various hypnosis files on another site and have had some success. I guess it only works if you want it to.

Exactly. Your subconscious has to want it to work. There is an exception though. If someone uses gas-lighting and other techniques, they could convince you that it is what you want, even if it actually isn't.

slaveboy82
10-11-2019, 08:26 PM
I would love to be professionally hypnotized.

minimarshmellow
10-11-2019, 08:34 PM
I would love to be professionally hypnotized.

You should seek it out. There are many certified hypnotist out there.

HumbleSlave
01-12-2020, 06:23 PM
I apologize now for the length that is this message.

My modality is auditory digital (aka analytical). Some people think this modality is harder to work with; however, that isn't true. You just have to work with this modality slightly different.

In my personal case, I HATE relaxation inductions. They are beyond boring for me. Things that I have found work well for me are confusion inductions and overload. With confusion inductions it has to be very rapid since my mind processes information rather quickly. For example, I listened to a 7+/-2 induction about a year ago, once. I still can list almost all of the steps in order. So for a confusion induction to really work on me it has to be fast and confusing as heck. Overload is easier to accomplish for me, since I already process more sensory information than the average person. So the core of this would be utilizing different senses all at once. One of my favorite inductions is a butterfly induction. This is accomplished by the tist fluttering or "butterflying" their fingers in front of the subjects eyes rapidly. The visual stimulus of the fluttering fingers, plus the auditory of the tist speaking, plus the slight confusion induced by the random pattern of the fingers, I am usually gone really fast.

Going back to your second question, my answer is relaxation inductions. Like I said before, I absolutely HATE them. The only way a relaxation induction might work on me is if the tist is very conditioned, they use an authoritative approach, and they build that overload sensation by referring to all the sensory information available.

Given all that information, I still have found I only drop well for one tist. I did have a few sessions with another tist, but I was not fully dropping. Now all of this may change if I built strong rapport with another tist. Hypnosis requires a lot of trust and rapport.

Is there a place online with goodz, real, hypnosis videos, whether sexual or not?

Bunnybun
01-13-2020, 11:32 PM
If someone uses gas-lighting and other techniques, they could convince you that it is what you want, even if it actually isn't.

What are some ways of noticing gas-lighting and others? I've become quite paranoid about that since dealing with some tists that ended up being emotionally manipulative with me in the past.

iamnotme
01-14-2020, 08:09 PM
Exactly. Your subconscious has to want it to work. There is an exception though. If someone uses gas-lighting and other techniques, they could convince you that it is what you want, even if it actually isn't.

What is gas-lighting

And apparently, the special keys that require the shift button aren't working on this computer.

iamnotme
01-14-2020, 08:10 PM

what sites have you used

minimarshmellow
01-24-2020, 10:53 PM
Is there a place online with goodz, real, hypnosis videos, whether sexual or not?

My go-to is The Secret Subject. She is a very talented, certified, professional hypnotist. She creates both erotic and not erotic content. You can find her on youtube, patreon, tumblr, twitter, and discord. She also posts a lot of educational content as well.

minimarshmellow
01-24-2020, 10:57 PM
What are some ways of noticing gas-lighting and others? I've become quite paranoid about that since dealing with some tists that ended up being emotionally manipulative with me in the past.

A good start is having a good series of safeties in place. Also, negotiation and consent is really important. If you notice someone doing something that wasn't consented or negotiated upon, run.

minimarshmellow
01-24-2020, 11:01 PM
What is gas-lighting

And apparently, the special keys that require the shift button aren't working on this computer.

It is a manipulation technique that can be used to make people think they want something, that they actually don't.

Dr Claw
02-10-2020, 01:22 AM
What a wonderful thread, some great insights to be had here, for sure.

I lost an amazing subject due to a misunderstanding of intentions. I thought i was giving them what they wanted but it turned out my actions hurt them, unbeknowing to me at the time.

Communcation is of the utmost importance, in any relationship, especially a hypnotic one. I do hope that one day my former pet believes me, when i say i meant them no harm and only wanted to give them what i thought they wanted.

I certainly have taken heed on how my actions effected them and i take much greater care now, due to this incident. People's mind's are not to be toyed with, unless you get consent, that is.

Dr Claw.

minimarshmellow
02-15-2020, 12:35 PM
What a wonderful thread, some great insights to be had here, for sure.

I lost an amazing subject due to a misunderstanding of intentions. I thought i was giving them what they wanted but it turned out my actions hurt them, unbeknowing to me at the time.

Communcation is of the utmost importance, in any relationship, especially a hypnotic one. I do hope that one day my former pet believes me, when i say i meant them no harm and only wanted to give them what i thought they wanted.

I certainly have taken heed on how my actions effected them and i take much greater care now, due to this incident. People's mind's are not to be toyed with, unless you get consent, that is.

Dr Claw.

Exactly! Consent and negotiation are so important!

iamnotme
03-10-2020, 07:01 PM
I didn't sleep well last night and had a very long day at work, so right now I am exhausted. This made me wonder if hypnosis would be more effective on someone who is exhausted or well rested. Also would other states of mind change the effectiveness, such as intoxicated, stressed, etc.

rw789
03-11-2020, 02:03 AM
Impairments such as being exhausted, intoxicated, stressed, etc tend to interfere or hinder hypnosis. Being too exhausted will lead one to falling asleep, stressed makes one unable to focus and distracted, etc.

MasterMichaelNY
03-11-2020, 01:41 PM
It is a manipulation technique that can be used to make people think they want something, that they actually don't.

I just wanted to toss in here about gas lighting. It's a broad term, and it deals with manipulation. I can blindfold a slave and have them stand on a plank, and then tell them, I'm going to lift the plank with my friend, but I want you to keep your balance and stay on the plank, also your going to be very close to the ceiling, so be careful.

Then you and the other person, rocks the plank, and you tell the girl, she is almost all the way up at the ceiling, go on and reach up and touch it. Then when the person reaches up, I hold a book up over there hand, so they feel something solid and flat. The slave thinks there 5 feet above the ground, but they are only 3 inches off the ground. That's a form of gas lighting.

Also what you don't know, gas lighting is very common. Take a look at commercials on TV, that's a form. You drop into a alter state, and the commercial comes on, and if you notice, commercials seem to be louder than your regular program.

Another common form is billboards on the side of the highways or interstates. You hypno yourself with the road, and a billboard goes by. Guess what, you just been programed to like Hilton Hotels.

NOW here's a question

Let's think for a second, commercials and billboards. Do they seek out your permission to be programed in your mind? Of course not.

Now why is that. When your hypo by a person, your guard never goes down. So in other words you can't be programed to do something you don't want to do from the start. Unless you want to talk about some Military dark projects, were LSD was involved, but all in all, your guard is always up.

Now for commercials and billboards. Here your guard is down. Your watching TV with your family, you feel safe. Safe is the key word. When your on the interstate or highway, and there is no traffic, you feel safe, so the billboards work then. But if your stuck in stop and go traffic, and your watching your space between yourself and the car in front of you. The billboard is useless.

Let me stop now, i'm writing a book.

Any thoughts, this is a great subject to talk about.

Tom_claw
03-12-2020, 12:25 AM
Hello, I want to be in a trance for hypnosis where I fell deep sleep where I don't even notice that my bladder or bowel movement felt so desperate it release on its own without notice. Feel free to use a one word command as well during the hypnosis too.

My kik: tom_claw=bedwetting desperate

MasterMichaelNY
03-12-2020, 09:47 AM
Hello, I want to be in a trance for hypnosis where I fell deep sleep where I don't even notice that my bladder or bowel movement felt so desperate it release on its own without notice. Feel free to use a one word command as well during the hypnosis too.

My kik: tom_claw=bedwetting desperate

This is the educational part of GD. You don't post request here.

minimarshmellow
03-12-2020, 06:47 PM
I didn't sleep well last night and had a very long day at work, so right now I am exhausted. This made me wonder if hypnosis would be more effective on someone who is exhausted or well rested. Also would other states of mind change the effectiveness, such as intoxicated, stressed, etc.

Impairments such as being exhausted, intoxicated, stressed, etc tend to interfere or hinder hypnosis. Being too exhausted will lead one to falling asleep, stressed makes one unable to focus and distracted, etc.

Basically what they said. You have to be able to focus. So if you are too tired, drunk, etc. you are not able to focus. However, it is common for many people that are just starting out to do files right before bed. The body and mind are calmer during that time, and it can be easier to slip into hypnosis.

minimarshmellow
03-12-2020, 06:54 PM
I just wanted to toss in here about gas lighting. It's a broad term, and it deals with manipulation. I can blindfold a slave and have them stand on a plank, and then tell them, I'm going to lift the plank with my friend, but I want you to keep your balance and stay on the plank, also your going to be very close to the ceiling, so be careful.

Then you and the other person, rocks the plank, and you tell the girl, she is almost all the way up at the ceiling, go on and reach up and touch it. Then when the person reaches up, I hold a book up over there hand, so they feel something solid and flat. The slave thinks there 5 feet above the ground, but they are only 3 inches off the ground. That's a form of gas lighting.

Also what you don't know, gas lighting is very common. Take a look at commercials on TV, that's a form. You drop into a alter state, and the commercial comes on, and if you notice, commercials seem to be louder than your regular program.

Another common form is billboards on the side of the highways or interstates. You hypno yourself with the road, and a billboard goes by. Guess what, you just been programed to like Hilton Hotels.

NOW here's a question

Let's think for a second, commercials and billboards. Do they seek out your permission to be programed in your mind? Of course not.

Now why is that. When your hypo by a person, your guard never goes down. So in other words you can't be programed to do something you don't want to do from the start. Unless you want to talk about some Military dark projects, were LSD was involved, but all in all, your guard is always up.

Now for commercials and billboards. Here your guard is down. Your watching TV with your family, you feel safe. Safe is the key word. When your on the interstate or highway, and there is no traffic, you feel safe, so the billboards work then. But if your stuck in stop and go traffic, and your watching your space between yourself and the car in front of you. The billboard is useless.

Let me stop now, i'm writing a book.

Any thoughts, this is a great subject to talk about.

I really liked your description of things and I agree.

We just have to remember that you can get that same safe feeling with people. It is totally possible to have your guard down when being hypnotized by a person. The unconscious observer keeps an ear out and is fully capable of stopping things. However, you can use other manipulation tactics to get someone to do something they may not have originally wanted to do. That involves conditioning, and also being an abusive asshole that is breaking consent.

MasterMichaelNY
03-12-2020, 07:13 PM
I really liked your description of things and I agree.

We just have to remember that you can get that same safe feeling with people. It is totally possible to have your guard down when being hypnotized by a person. The unconscious observer keeps an ear out and is fully capable of stopping things. However, you can use other manipulation tactics to get someone to do something they may not have originally wanted to do. That involves conditioning, and also being an abusive asshole that is breaking consent.

Abusive asshole, yup you just describe a McDonald's commercial. "I'm loven it"

minimarshmellow
03-12-2020, 07:35 PM
Abusive asshole, yup you just describe a McDonald's commercial. "I'm loven it"

I don't know if you are being serious or not.

People that make those ads get paid the big bucks because they have a very firm understanding of conditioning. They are paid to get people to want things they may not have wanted before. However, your unconscious observer is still looking out for you. If you are a vegetarian, and believe that is how you want to be, then that McDonald's ad for nuggets won't effect you the same way it effects someone that really likes nuggets.

The person that likes nuggets is primed to be more likely to fall for the nugget commercial.

Tom_claw
03-12-2020, 10:45 PM
Oh oops. Sorry about that.

iamnotme
04-03-2020, 10:15 PM
I was kind of surprised about your response concerning fatigue. I find that I am more suggestible to advertising when I am fatigued, so I would have thought hypnosis would work better.

Could you please discuss the differences between suggestibility and how hypnosis works?

xMaxx
04-04-2020, 09:12 AM
Hi ! Any advice on how to make hypnosis more effective ? Like is it better to sit or stand, turn the light off or not, things like that ! Thanks

minimarshmellow
04-04-2020, 01:52 PM
I was kind of surprised about your response concerning fatigue. I find that I am more suggestible to advertising when I am fatigued, so I would have thought hypnosis would work better.

Could you please discuss the differences between suggestibility and how hypnosis works?

Well, suggestibility is part of a trance state. Hypnosis is categorized by 3 main things: Absorption, Disassociation, and Suggestibility.

Absorption is are you absorbed in what is going on. Are you listening to the words being said? Are you watching the pocket watch swinging?

Disassociation is are you disassociated from your body. Ways to get this is to use language such as "that hand" instead of "your hand".

Suggestibility is when the hypnotist says something, you do it. When you are told to close your eyes, did you do it?

In conclusion, suggestibility is a characteristic of a trance state. There really isn't a difference, it is part of being in hypnosis.

minimarshmellow
04-04-2020, 01:58 PM
Hi ! Any advice on how to make hypnosis more effective ? Like is it better to sit or stand, turn the light off or not, things like that ! Thanks

All of that depends on the person being hypnotized. Some people rather sit up, some rather lay down. Some like lights on, some like lights off. It depends on what you would find comfortable.

For me, I like the light to be low (because the bright lights hurt my eyes), air to be cool (because I don't want to get sweaty), laying down on my bed (I am a flopper and since I primarily listen to prerecorded files I feel safer starting laying down).

Find what works for you. What may help is think about how the environment is set up for when you relax. So think about those times you have been relaxed, what was the environment like?

iamnotme
04-08-2020, 09:20 PM
I've watched a couple of the "hypnosis" videos out of curiosity. They seem to fall into two different categories. The first is more of an instructional video. The person on the video basically tells you what to do and what you want. The second appears to be a subconscious effort at hypnosis, fast, deep music, constantly changing pictures, flashing by so quickly that it is impossible to fully absorb what is on the screen, along with words flashing by just as quickly.

With what you have said, I am under the impression that the "subconscious" ones would have little effect. Could you comment?

rw789
04-09-2020, 10:42 PM
I've watched a couple of the "hypnosis" videos out of curiosity. They seem to fall into two different categories. The first is more of an instructional video. The person on the video basically tells you what to do and what you want. The second appears to be a subconscious effort at hypnosis, fast, deep music, constantly changing pictures, flashing by so quickly that it is impossible to fully absorb what is on the screen, along with words flashing by just as quickly.

With what you have said, I am under the impression that the "subconscious" ones would have little effect. Could you comment?

What you're talking about is the subliminal effects. It's an approach to send a message or in this case, suggestions and ideas while the subject isn't fully aware of them. It has what you said, images that fly by too fast to comprehend on what is happening, words that flash and disappear before fully reading. The music is also there to mask other audio so that your conscious mind is focused on the music but there's underlying tracks that are being played underneath that which contain suggestions and such. There's other stuff subtly guide the person to things done by subtle cues to get their mind focused on certain things.

The "instructional" type is simply a guided trance.

minimarshmellow
04-10-2020, 09:16 AM

There are lots of categories of hypnosis files. It varies based on what qualities you are categorizing by. Are you looking at modality style, induction style, type of suggestions, etc. The way I am understanding your comment, it seems like you are talking about two different types from different categories.

What you referred to as an "instructional video" sounds like an authoritative approach and uses direct suggestions. In these files/sessions the hypnotist will use more direct language. An example would be "You will feel ____". The opposite of this is a permissive style and using indirect suggestions. An example of this would be, "You might feel ____". Both are valid techniques. Many variables go into deciding which may be the "better" style to use during a session.

Hypnosis files can utilize subliminal (what you referred to as "subconscious") messages. This can be presented in many different ways and the effectiveness can be debated. The key thing with subliminal messages is that you still have to be able to process the information. It may happen so rapidly that you don't realize you have processed it, but your brain still needs to be able to detect the stimuli. So if someone tries to add a subliminal audio track, but your ears don't detect the sound waves, it won't be effective. With words flashing on a screen, it has to be there long enough for you to actually see it and read it. Keep in mind though, your brain can read much faster than you may realize.

Can subliminal messages work? Sure! You just have to ensure the person's brain can actually detect the stimuli. This can lead into some conditioning topics. Conditioning can easily turn ugly, so I won't be talking about how to do that here.

Basically, different things have different effects for different people. That is why negotiation and consent BEFORE any play is super important. It gives you time to learn about the other person.