PDA

View Full Version : A Fantastic Sugesstion!!

lokelake
11-14-2009, 09:53 PM
In my High School, we had "class titles" if you will. Like, class mice means a person was the quietest in the class. Class clown, means that a person was the most chaotic in the class and so on...

So, what if, we can do that for getdare also!! It can be called, "Getdare Class Mice" (an example of how it will be formatted)

What do you all think? Below will be the different classes with the description next to each one. Note, I won't even bother putting in Getdare Class mice, since everyone talks alot on here.

Getdare Class couple: The GF/BF of getdare.

Getdare Best Dancers: The best dancers of getdare.

Getdare Class Beauties: The beautiful ones here.

Getdare Most Handsome: The most handsome ones on here.

Getdare Comic Relief: I really don't know, lol.

Getdare Best Buds: The best buds on getdare.

Getdare Most Likely to succeed: I guess maybe in life or goals?

Getdare Best Friends Co-ed: I really don't know, lol.

Getdare Most Eccentric: Don't know

Getdare Class Athletes: The athletes of getdare.

Getdare Best Dressed: The best dressed of getdare.

Getdare Most Musically Talented: Self-Explanatory :p

Getdare Sunniest Disposition: I really don't know.

Getdare Rebels: The rebels of getdare.

Getdare Drama King and Queen: The drama king and queen on here.

Getdare Class Chatterbox: The ones who talks a lot!

Getdare Changed most Since They have Joined: Self-Explanatory

Getdare Most Creative: The most creative here on getdare.

There were more, but some were useless.

Oh, and please don't start naming people here, this was merely a suggestion awaiting the getdare public's opinions about it.

Babyface
11-15-2009, 05:54 AM
it would be fun for everyone to do this and pput someone in who they think goes there

softeyes
11-15-2009, 05:58 AM
don't even know if i know that many people.. even just by name.

BettyBoop
11-15-2009, 07:01 AM
I could think of people for most of those. I actually think this would be pretty funny.

softeyes
11-15-2009, 07:23 AM
I actually think this would be pretty funny.

for a select few. :p

rest of the site would be like, huh..?

fork
11-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I don't like this idea because, like high school, it will just be a popularity contest.

BettyBoop
11-15-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't like this idea because, like high school, it will just be a popularity contest.
Or people could just vote for those who fit the categories the best.
Though I'm still confused about what Loke actually wants to happen with this.

fork
11-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Um.. yeah, people could do that which is why this idea is always good in theory. It'd be nice to see who people REALLY think would fit these categories, however that doesn't happen. People just pick their friends. Like in high school, for "most musical" everyone voted for this girl Laura because she is very popular and she can sing.. but no one voted for Francesca who has starred in every musical for 6 years and has an amazing voice but isn't as popular because musical club wasn't the cool thing.

dare-demon
11-15-2009, 11:26 AM
there could be some thing like tagging them in a photo !

Jacques
11-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I don't really like this idea- some of the suggestions for awards(in fact most) are stuff that has no link to how people are on this site (eg. best athlete...) and as already said it would most likely turn into a popularity contest, with people who really 'deserve' the titles losing out.

That said- some sort of awards system, that people could nominate others for and then be awarded by the mods, might be a good way to recognise people who write good stories or are really friendly or something.

BettyBoop
11-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Yes, it would probably be best if the mods did it. But then again I doubt they will.

fork
11-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Well since there's already an award system controlled by the mods.. (best getdare guy/girl, storyteller, etc) then isn't this irrelevant?

BettyBoop
11-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Well since there's already an award system controlled by the mods.. (best getdare guy/girl, storyteller, etc) then isn't this irrelevant?
They don't do that anymore do they?

fork
11-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Well Hampers did it.. perhaps another reason this site needs him back?

BettyBoop
11-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Well Hampers did it.. perhaps another reason this site needs him back?
Well unfortunately it's not up to us who comes back. I suppose it depends on the reason they were banned originally.

fork
11-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Don't make this into a stupid fight about Hampers. You asked about the awards so I told you. I didn't say "BRING BACK HAMPERS!" or anything like that.

BettyBoop
11-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Don't make this into a stupid fight about Hampers. You asked about the awards so I told you. I didn't say "BRING BACK HAMPERS!" or anything like that.
Um... I didn't.
wow.
Anyways, I guess you'll have to see what the mods say Loke. But it would most likely turn into a popularity contest if the votes or nominations or whatever were left to members.

theone
11-15-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't really like this idea- some of the suggestions for awards(in fact most) are stuff that has no link to how people are on this site (eg. best athlete...) and as already said it would most likely turn into a popularity contest, with people who really 'deserve' the titles losing out.

That said- some sort of awards system, that people could nominate others for and then be awarded by the mods, might be a good way to recognise people who write good stories or are really friendly or something.

Good points, Jacques.

projectt89
11-15-2009, 08:41 PM
I'd have to agree. This would turn into whoever is the most popular contest, and would be EXACTLY like high school. Fork brings up a good point, theres always someone whose a god at something, and someone else steals the thunder because they have more friends and whatnot.

I think this would just cause some really sour feelings, and bring the drama of high school to GetDare.

-Mike

Trystaan
11-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Popularity contests, on a forum. In real life Loke maybe a good idea. Fraid not on here. I'll leave it open for people to discuss. Unless you can think of a good non popularity based format then probably not going to happen.

lokelake
11-16-2009, 10:03 PM
I didn't realize this suggestion will get so many posts. I'm sure it will get locked after depp gets off his lazy butt and replies to this saying it is not a good idea.

Mephistopheles
11-16-2009, 10:53 PM
possible idea (maybe?): make a thread where each user can post their own categories and their personal winners? No official vote or sanctioning of the results in any kind, just users stating their personal opinions.

also a ton of the categories have nothing to do with GD so obv. they would need to be tweaked.

projectt89
11-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Problem is... Personal opinions go both ways...

Person A nominates Person B... Person C doesn't like Person B, so Person C makes his opinion of Person B public... Person B shares his opinion of Person C... blah blah blah

Personal Opinions don't really work. I think we just need to keep opinions of other people out of GetDare. Period.

Ironically... that's just my personal opinion.

Confuse you yet? :D

BettyBoop
11-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Maybe we should just let it die?
Things like this = Popularity Contests = Boohoo
This is why we cant have nice things.

lokelake
11-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Maybe we should just let it die?
Things like this = Popularity Contests = Boohoo
This is why we cant have nice things.

Yeah popularity contests like if a member or members dislikes another member or members, then it is highly unlikely that the disliked member(s) will get a spot.

So, I can see how it can be a popularity contest plus an unfair contest.

BettyBoop
11-19-2009, 02:22 PM
We don't really need a definition.
It shan't happen, let us leave it.

GoogleMaster
11-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Here is a suggestion on your suggestion...

Maybe we could nominate ourselves. Don't make it a popularity contest, but rather a self-projection exercise.

Like as a kid playing sports I would always win the team's "Most Enthusiastic" award. So maybe I will title myself gD "most enthusiastic"

(Although to be fair, I am not the most enthusiastic on gD, some of you people are amazing at what you can read and write in any given day.)

???

LiamOnyx
11-20-2009, 05:58 AM
Ppl might not want to nominate themselves or they will wen they dnt deserve it

Pingu
11-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Just want to say this is a brilliant thread and people should really re-read their posts before making stupid assumptions about what others have said.

But yes, it won't really work. The last "GD guy/girl" thing, I got nominated just before I got made a mod. I didn't post very much and for some reason I got nominated purely because I was an active member in chat and "popular".

It also created a load of bitching between members who well bitch about everything. That's one of the reasons why Depp took it out.

P.S Whoever wants Hampers back needs their head examined.

Amelie
11-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I have to agree with Pingu, whilst it may seem like a nice idea it will only create conflict and turn into a popularity contest.

Katiie
11-21-2009, 11:13 AM
fail at being a 'fantastic suggestion' then....

Glutgod
11-24-2009, 02:52 PM

Yeah I remember that, I won getdare guy :D. Sure, it seemed like a good idea at the time, but it never really took off, probably since it never really seemed like a big deal :\

Officelover
11-24-2009, 04:56 PM
It's not that fantastic.

In fact it kind of is the opposite of that.

DaVance
11-24-2009, 06:23 PM
. . . P.S Whoever wants Hampers back needs their head examined.

Why do you say this?