PDA

View Full Version : Tell us something INTERESTING about yourself

Joan Sky
09-16-2018, 02:05 AM
Yeah, this was long overdue. People sometimes post things about themselves in the 'extremely uninteresting' thread... And oftentimes funny uninteresting things as well.

Just like the title says, post something interesting about yourself.

This way we get to know each other better and learn some interesting and cool things about each other.

I'll start.

I don't like spiders like most people. Most people react scared, grossed out, or want to smush it. I'm guilty of that too still.

I've been bitten by a house spider once around my eye while I was sleeping four years ago. That was not pleasant. It looked like I had pink eye a little for a week (just by the surrounding swelling which was a little, but that's more than enough) and it had a lingering pain from the bite.

I had to put concealer on it for a several days to look normal while I was working.

At that time, I was working at a State Park making reservations for cabins, campgrounds, informing about the trails etc. One of the many interesting jobs I have had, but that's another story.

Anyway, that's the only time I have been bitten by one so far. I hope I don't again.

But there are only one kind of spider I have always liked in a way.

Ever since I saw Home Alone and saw Buzz's tarantula, and also later when I saw a book about them and a beautiful (but deadly after reading what kind it was and researching it) one on a book cover, I liked them.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b6/15/ad/b615add33d2825b7979d08b12a47fd48.jpg

I don't know why. They just remind me of fuzzy mammals even though they aren't (that's not hair). I want a tarantula stuffie now, lol (that kinda creeps me out too, but I have mixed feelings about it just like in real life with them :) like it, yet somewhat scared)

And I wanted to own one at least once one day. Not more than times than that, lol

So I don't know how long it's been. Maybe four months...

I got a pink toe tarantula from a pet vendor. They are black but have pink toes and silky hair. I don't like every spider I see at the shops, but I liked him. He had just molted and looked extra pretty. But I think he just does, because he still is now.

I like looking at animals and seeing the ones with extra personality than normal, or that just call out to you and give you that little tug in your heart.

Sometimes you can't always get them though, so you treasure that moment with them and move forward.

Yeah, my best friend allowed me to keep him in our place, lol but she was scared. She still is, but warmed up to him because she asks me how he is from time to time. She rarely looks at him though. It creeps her out to.

She has frilled dragons and loves reptiles (and got me to like them a lot too) but is scared of tarantulas more than I am, lol

I have a tall critter aquarium that locks shut. I also make sure to feed and water him (and clean his entire home when it is much needed) in a way to make sure he doesn't get out. He's an arboreal type of spider and CAN walk up anything, walk fast, and hop (but USUALLY just walk slow and relaxes, that's all I have seen, I try to be careful not to find out). I got a little more comfortable after going through that a few times. I was scared though. Still am a tiny bit each time, but I've learned some .

I named him Harry.

I hope he's not a girl, lol
then it's short for Harrietta.

I dunno, I just feel he's a boy. Or I would have called her Charlotte :D

I'll add a pic sometime and post here.

Sorry for the long post to start off. I'll sum it up in the next post to get everyone started ;)

Joan Sky
09-16-2018, 03:09 AM
I'm Joanna, and I have a pet tarantula named Harry ( ~ hairy).

(Long version above)

Runesmith
09-16-2018, 05:04 AM
I have eaten deep fried tarantulas. They taste a bit like soft-shell crab, but with a weird insect after-taste. You can try them in Myanmar, or Thailand (they sell them at the street food carts along Khao San road in Bangkok).

Joan Sky
09-16-2018, 06:47 AM
I'm Joanna, and I have a pet tarantula named Harry ( ~ hairy).

(Long version above)
I have eaten deep fried tarantulas. They taste a bit like soft-shell crab, but with a weird insect after-taste. You can try them in Myanmar, or Thailand (they sell them at the street food carts along Khao San road in Bangkok).

At least you have a diverse taste palate like me. Even though I haven't tried that, lol

Meanie :p

I'm siccing (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/siccing) Harry's relatives on you :D

Anyway...

I chanced upon a rare sale yesterday and bought a stereoscope (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereoscope) (among other things) and fourteen stereographs (double photographs used in stereoscope) one of them being this print of the famous inventor Thomas Edison.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/91/16/0d/91160dec22411a435efb027315d44c5d--orange-nj-menlo-park.jpg

http://www.torontoantiquesonking.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Stereoscope.jpg

Wolf007
09-16-2018, 09:31 AM
Luckily it doesn't have to be EXTREMELY interesting.

To continue in the animal-meat department, i own quite a few mammals and non-mammals: two dogs, a rabbit, a horse and a few chickens.

None of these animals were harmed during the typing of this message.

Joan Sky
09-18-2018, 10:21 PM
Luckily it doesn't have to be EXTREMELY interesting.

To continue in the animal-meat department, i own quite a few mammals and non-mammals: two dogs, a rabbit, a horse and a few chickens.

None of these animals were harmed during the typing of this message.

I live in a house with my best friend. I'm only going to talk about the pets I have.

4 bettas, 2 African Clawed frogs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_clawed_frog), 2 bullfrog tadpoles, 1 pinktoe tarantula, and a female German Shepherd.

1 betta and all the frogs were given to me, I didn't ask for them...

At least all of them are hardy animals. They aren't too much of a fuss (except my dog is a bit of a princess :) just how she has always been)

Runesmith
09-23-2018, 03:42 AM
Last night I baked Sea Bass (Dorade) with a special spice mix that I put together and it was awesome. My dinner guests were recommending I open a restaurant. I declined on the grounds that Stuttgart Backed Dorade doesn't have the same ring as KFC.

Joan Sky
09-26-2018, 01:02 AM
Last night I baked Sea Bass (Dorade) with a special spice mix that I put together and it was awesome. My dinner guests were recommending I open a restaurant. I declined on the grounds that Stuttgart Backed Dorade doesn't have the same ring as KFC.

I am a good cook and baker as well...

Lol, cut the excuses Rune. You and I both know one of us could come up with a catchy name for it :p

We're writers, it's what we do :)

Joan Sky
09-29-2018, 09:04 PM
I actually own a quill and ink. It was gifted to me along with a black hardcover journal from my Secret Santa at work last Christmas

and

I love fountain pens.

Runesmith
09-29-2018, 10:17 PM
I used to be good at calligraphy. But I haven't touched a calligraphy pen in decades.

Joan Sky
10-01-2018, 04:18 PM
I just bought a five shelf bookcase for my growing book collection yesterday. That makes it two bookshelves in my room now.

And I have air plants (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tillandsia).

Sarge90
10-02-2018, 03:34 PM
I found this thread while bored as hell and couldn't sleep last night and was reminded of it today when I suddenly remembered something remarkably interesting (to me, anyway)...

I have a pound note in my wallet, my mother always kept one when they were taken out of circulation, she eventually lost it but I've replaced hers and got one for myself and one for my dad...

Runesmith
10-07-2018, 09:43 AM
I just got back from a country where they keep the bad old internet at bay with a great wall. The food is awesome though.

DianaAu
10-10-2018, 04:09 AM
I don't know if it's interesting but here it goes.

I can't spell letter "L". I know the technicque, I know what I'm supposed to do, but when I try I get a bit crooked smile and sound goes sideway. It sounds silly, hard to describe.:D

When I was smaller I was extremely self conscious about that, and avoided words containing letter "L" (easier in my native language). So, you can guess, I was a slow speaker, can't imagine how many people thought that I'm a bit slow in general.

Now I understand that most people don't pick up on that, but when they do they never hear me the same.:)

Runesmith
10-10-2018, 10:22 AM
This weekend I plan to cook my famous spaghetti in parmesan and truffle, followed by grilled golden sea bass in a salt crust.

Pasta la vista, baby!

elf_ears
12-10-2018, 11:40 AM
I don't know if it's interesting but here it goes.

I can't spell letter "L". I know the technicque, I know what I'm supposed to do, but when I try I get a bit crooked smile and sound goes sideway. It sounds silly, hard to describe.:D

When I was smaller I was extremely self conscious about that, and avoided words containing letter "L" (easier in my native language). So, you can guess, I was a slow speaker, can't imagine how many people thought that I'm a bit slow in general.

Now I understand that most people don't pick up on that, but when they do they never hear me the same.:)

There are some accents here in the UK that lead to the pronunciation of L at the end of words as W.

My fact is..since my partner and I are a bit strapped for cash this year instead of buying a Christmas tree we've simply decorated our chilli plant.

Master4074
01-17-2019, 02:20 AM
I once chipped my tooth on a doorknob. Happened when my brother and I were younger and messing around by the front door and he just took the back of my head and drilled it into the doorknob. The missing piece is still noticeable.

Runesmith
01-17-2019, 10:02 PM
I have lived (defined as, for >3 yrs) in four countries in my life. In total, I have visited 34 countries and 87 cities so far.

Master4074
01-18-2019, 12:37 AM
I have the beauty of being double-jointed around my thumb, so I can push it to go behind my knuckle of my index finger. Try it and you can find out if you're special too.

Runesmith
01-19-2019, 12:17 AM
Sometimes I wake up very early in the morning to watch meteor showers.

Master4074
03-03-2019, 08:53 PM
Totally celebrated my birthday early with my family this weekend, was really nice.

Peachybaby
03-03-2019, 09:42 PM
When I was 14 I tried out for my schools track and field team and qualified for all events I did ( 100m dash, 200m dash long jump)

Master4074
03-04-2019, 04:16 PM
I chipped my tooth on a door knob as a child after my brother pushed me into it head first.

Butterfly
03-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Carrots give me the hiccups

Master4074
03-04-2019, 09:09 PM
The 4074 came up from an old username I used for an online game years ago as a child.

SasssySlavePuppy
03-04-2019, 09:22 PM
I have way too many bikinis but I keep wanting to buy new ones and keep old ones

Master4074
03-04-2019, 10:04 PM
An episode of Scooby Doo interested me in hypnosis as a child, which blossomed into my kinky side as I grew up.

LitDarkness
03-13-2019, 09:28 AM
I have a vein that leads to my heart.

Master4074
03-14-2019, 05:23 PM
I spend a lot of time going on and offline. More time online because that's how the internet works.

Runesmith
03-22-2019, 07:19 AM
Carrots give me the hiccups

When you eat them, or when you use them as a substitute for... ahem... toys?

As you can see, I have a pretty active imagination.

japgirl
12-18-2019, 10:34 PM
The part of Japan my ancestors are from, wasn’t originally a part of Japan. It was its own kingdom and anthropological research has shown that the people of this part of Japan have different origins than those of mainland Japan. My people would be more likely to have origins that tie back to the Cretans which is why my ancestors were known for more olive like skin and more body hair. This could also explain why so many people think I’m not full Japanese. I have some features that some would state are more Caucasian...for example, my natural hair color is light brown.

Runesmith
12-25-2019, 04:22 AM
The first money I ever made in my life (other than mowing lawns for neighbors) was by selling a computer game that I made when I was 12. It was a text-based RPG for the Sinclair Spectrum 16k written in Sinclair BASIC, saved on audio cassettes. I sold a total of 12 cassettes (3 to friends and the rest via an ad in a computer magazine), and I didn't report the income to the tax department. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me one day.

japgirl
12-25-2019, 06:05 AM
In my early twenties, when I would go clubbing, I would begin to back it up into any guy around me haha. One day, I did this to a random guy so he grabbed my hips and I started to grind. He turned me around so I was looking at him and whispered in my ear, “Next time, you might want to see someone’s face before you dance on them like that. For all you know I could have been some old creepy guy.” Of course that didn’t stop me. It was more fun not to know what a guy looked like so I could fantasize about the guy who was touching me hahaha.

Runesmith
12-27-2019, 03:54 AM
When I was a kid, I once hatched a chicken egg as part of a school project. I got so fascinated by that, and decided to do a further experiment. I got another fertilized egg from our neighbor (who used to keep chickens), made a tiny hole where the air pocket is, and dripped in some Gentian Violet using a syringe and needle. I was hoping to hatch a purple chick. Needless to say, the egg didn't hatch. That failure didn't stop my hopes of becoming an evil mastermind one day with an army of mutants, though.

japgirl
12-27-2019, 08:21 AM
I once wrote a poem in high school. My teacher cried when I read it in class. I posted that poem in a blog that no longer exists and it ended up getting published in an anthology of poems on the very first page. I later received an Editor’s Choice Award for the poem. This fueled my writing and soon enough, I had a whole notebook full of poems. My senior year in high school, I was given a silly made-up award called the “I Got Mad Rhymes” Award haha. But then I had suffered with writer’s block for over a decade until a couple weeks ago when my delectable dom brought that side out of me again.

Goddess Joanna
10-15-2021, 06:21 AM
Sweet crêpes and coffee right now. Yum... *happy dance* :p

(What people eat sometimes is interesting as well ;) )

LPV
10-17-2021, 12:35 AM
That was pretty interesting.

I need a shave.

Goddess Joanna
10-17-2021, 06:47 AM
That was pretty interesting.

I need a shave.

That is pretty interesting Ellie ;):p Shave where?

As for me, my slavegirl asked me to use her to tonight (after finishing writing a couple more entries), so that could be interesting :D

Maybe you'll hear about it.

Runesmith
10-17-2021, 08:16 AM
I keep a bottle of 2004 vintage Laurent Perrier Rosé Champagne in my cellar to pop if KIC 9832227 merges and forms a luminous red nova visible to the naked eye in constellation Cygnus in 2022 as hypothesized. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem very likely according to the new studies.

Previously, this bottle was reserved for Betelgeus going supernova... another giant celestial disappointment :SMH:

MeisterRebus
10-17-2021, 09:08 AM
I wrote ten books in the last ten years and I am currently working on one about bdsm and the psychological backgrounds. But writing is a lonely business, believe me...

Goddess Joanna
10-17-2021, 10:19 AM
I wrote ten books in the last ten years and I am currently working on one about bdsm and the psychological backgrounds. But writing is a lonely business, believe me...

I agree, writing is a lonely business. I think most people, often non-writers, may romanticize it and think that a talented artist has it all together. Not always the case. It is not uncommon for deep, talented artists to know the sting of torture and solitude.

A book a year? Wow. Sounds like me and my short writings. Averages to just about that ~ once a year also.

As for me, I recently sharpened the light pink pencil I am using to draft my two blog entries in my composition notebook before I type it up. Pencils these days... Interesting or not interesting depending on the onlooker. More used for drawing usually, and even then there are digital art tablets :p

MeisterRebus
10-17-2021, 10:28 AM
A book a year? Wow. Sounds like me and my short writings. Averages to just about that ~ once a year also.

My books are around 800 pages in print and it takes me 6 to 7 months to write each one. Research included. Means 3 pages (of manuscript) every day, weekends included.... Needs discipline and is sometimes frustrating when others party and Mr. Writer excuses himself and does just that - writing....

Goddess Joanna
10-17-2021, 10:43 AM
My books are around 800 pages in print and it takes me 6 to 7 months to write each one. Research included. Means 3 pages (of manuscript) every day, weekends included.... Needs discipline and is sometimes frustrating when others party and Mr. Writer excuses himself and does just that - writing....

Well as a Dominant man and one of the Headmasters of the Elite Slave Training School, and all that writing/research, it really isn't a question of discipline. That you have definitely mastered. Hopefully you master finding the time to party with others sufficiently, leaving frustration behind you. And I need to as well :)

MeisterRebus
10-17-2021, 10:54 AM
Thank you very much for your kind words, ChamomileAngel. I wish you inspiration for your stories and hope that you also overcome the frustration haunting us sometimes.

Goddess Joanna
10-18-2021, 08:17 AM
Thank you very much for your kind words, ChamomileAngel. I wish you inspiration for your stories and hope that you also overcome the frustration haunting us sometimes.

Thank you!

"Here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not "This is misfortune," but "To bear this worthily is good fortune." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Or his shorter version. "Misfortune nobly born is good fortune."

and

"Be like the cliff against which the waves continually break; but it stands firm and tames the fury of the water around it."

Have a good day MeisterRebus. Hopefully you get to party soon and not have to look at the time :)

Okay, for my interesting thing today:

When you're flirted on by a cute blond hair, blue eyed, new guy at work who's not yet 21, and his jaw hits the ground when you tell him you're 37 and show him your ID...

:D

#skills #stillgotit #babyface :p

Wolf007
10-19-2021, 06:33 AM
I've got to say, my jaw dropped as well when I was reading your age... somehow I figured you were somewhere around your twenties. So, you even post really young, besides looking it. ;)

Better say something interesting now, to legitimise my own post...

My biggest friend (literally) in life is a Gypsy Vanner horse (Irish Cob) named Jim-Bob. He's been with me for several years now and we regularly go for a walk into nature. Last Sunday we explored the "jungle pad" together. To be honest, I reckon it was more of a regular forest pad, but they tried they're best.
He's also good for a really fast run on the beach or a little jump over medium high obstacles when necessary.
Ohw and as a child (many years ago) I had a pony named Falco who threw me off his back 6 times in a row. He was not my biggest friend (neither literally nor figuratively).

Goddess Joanna
10-19-2021, 02:04 PM
I've got to say, my jaw dropped as well when I was reading your age... somehow I figured you were somewhere around your twenties. So, you even post really young, besides looking it. ;)

Better say something interesting now, to legitimise my own post...

My biggest friend (literally) in life is a Gypsy Vanner horse (Irish Cob) named Jim-Bob. He's been with me for several years now and we regularly go for a walk into nature. Last Sunday we explored the "jungle pad" together. To be honest, I reckon it was more of a regular forest pad, but they tried they're best.
He's also good for a really fast run on the beach or a little jump over medium high obstacles when necessary.
Ohw and as a child (many years ago) I had a pony named Falco who threw me off his back 6 times in a row. He was not my biggest friend (neither literally nor figuratively).

Young at heart too ;)

My Dad also had a few horses in the countryside. I think my uncle still does. He rode me on it with him when I was so little, I barely have the memory. He owned around 3. I think one or two were classic brown, but my favorite one was the dalmatian looking one. I hadn't ridden one again until I visited him and his family when I had summer vacation (my parents divorced when I was four and both eventually remarried others). He had a business party he was attending and they had horse riding available in the courtyard, so I quickly reacclimated myself to riding again. They provided the horses but left everyone to themself with the horses unless you called out for their assistance. I guess that's how it is on tropical islands. I took a school year there in high school, and he was considering getting some again...

Anyway, I told my best friend recently I want to ride one again. It is autumn now, so maybe I can go to a stable that provides trail rides before the potentially heavy winter comes.

:) <3

Goddess Joanna
10-28-2021, 06:52 PM
Bought two zebra finches today. One is named Rudolf. The other I named a remarkable woman's name <3