PDA

View Full Version : Mentors

Maverick
07-30-2007, 01:03 PM
I've had a recent idea concerning slaves and masters. Lots of time people looking to get into the slave/master thing aren't very used to it, they might not quite know whats normal, whats expected. From a slave, learning isnt that hard. For a potential master, it can be. My idea is that masters might be willing to take aprentices, a third person who simply watches and maybe asks questions of the master (when the slaves not around). This could also be used by experienced masters looking to see others style or learn ideas for area's they're not particularly strong in.

Just a thought.

depp
07-30-2007, 10:28 PM
This would be a great idea from a safety standpoint!

MrPhoto
07-31-2007, 04:53 AM
Yeah, agree totally, cool idea!

Mentoring / Training :D

SubMissChievous
07-31-2007, 08:24 PM
I think it's a great idea for both parties actually (masters & slaves). A lot of the users on this site are very young and inexperienced; it would actually give some "guidance" in the whole thing.

Maverick
08-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Seems like people like the idea. Maybe if you're interested in one role or the other, you might post here. If it gets enough support, perhaps we might want to add it into the main slave/master forum.

Zeva
08-08-2007, 01:38 PM
o i wanna try being a master apprientence :D wow thats ironic lol

shadoweater
08-08-2007, 01:43 PM
I was thinking about this myself, actually. If any experienced masters would like to help me out, pm me!

MasterPain
08-08-2007, 03:34 PM
i would lend my advice to anyone that would need it

theuntouchable
08-08-2007, 11:46 PM
o i wanna try being a master apprientence :D wow thats ironic lol

i agree. it sounds like a good idea

Bored
08-09-2007, 07:18 PM
great idea it gives people to get an understanding of the 'job' and also shows what might be expected of a slave.

animal
08-09-2007, 11:01 PM
a very good idea and its good for safety

damned_virus
08-12-2007, 08:51 AM
this sounds like a very good idea, maybe have a "mentored by:" thing on the slave/master application area, it would be good to sort out the newbs and the people who are really experienced

lucky
08-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Good think!

I would go further if there would be something organised (but out of the local forum rules: the webcam) for training sessions for both slaves and masters. For a learning conference with practice. But my oppinion is only for people over 15 or legal ages.

I was thinking also about some topics about "what I can do" or "what I did" or "what I will do", I got bored of suggestions of some dares that noone would ever do.

I wrote somewhere that I would like some split between childish dares and adult dares, I just keep avoiding a lot of topics just because of underage posts. No offense to anyone, just personal oppinion.

depp=noob=lol
08-13-2007, 02:49 AM
maybe there should be some Tutorial on this site; one that suits the users here.

animal
08-13-2007, 02:57 AM
yes good idea. :D

this site is only growing.

Fuji
08-15-2007, 04:40 PM
I know as a completely newb on the whole Master/Slave lifestyle that a mentor would be very helpful. It is one of those situations where I have no idea where to start, but still want to get involved. A mentor would provide that in-between for new masters/slaves to become at least knowledged in where to begin their experiences.

It's always nice to have a visual example to learn from, lol.

In that case, if anyone wants to mentor me as a master, PM me!

MasterPain
08-15-2007, 05:00 PM
I know as a completely newb on the whole Master/Slave lifestyle that a mentor would be very helpful. It is one of those situations where I have no idea where to start, but still want to get involved. A mentor would provide that in-between for new masters/slaves to become at least knowledged in where to begin their experiences.

It's always nice to have a visual example to learn from, lol.

In that case, if anyone wants to mentor me as a master, PM me!

i have posted some good information in the lounge if you are looking for some more information... then go ahead and message me with what you would like to know... we can see from there

YoureAmazingMe
08-21-2007, 10:34 AM
I would like to be a master apprentice. :]

timmy
08-21-2007, 01:11 PM
great idea.

=]

Zeva
10-02-2007, 09:38 PM
any one willing to take me as a master apprentice?

Merlin
10-02-2007, 11:57 PM
i have posted some good information in the lounge [...]I just wanted to add some links to some of the threads in the lounge...

What is SAFE or UNSAFE
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=3828

What a dom should do before setting a task/ punishment.
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=3911

submissives rights
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=3903

Slave Contracts - Good or Bad?
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=4076

BDSM - the break down
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=3906

Many types of limitations
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=3837

And i offer the same as MasterPain ... if someone has a question/problem (no matter what it is) i am always willing to help.
So don't be afraid to ask...

TheLittleStrawberry
10-04-2007, 03:51 AM
Ok... This sounds like a very good idea. My experience tells me that lots of people in here need someone to guide them before taking a slave of their own. But one question - Who would mentor them? What is the mentor is just as inexperienced, or learned things the wrong way? I'd say we should "investigate" what member on this site are good as masters, and maybe the could have a mentor-title given. Like the award-thingies or sumthing.

Then they could have their own section on the slave/master forum, where they could announce possible available "openings" for apprentices, or post valuable info.

Also... I think experienced slaves should be able to add to it too. As no one knows what a slave wants better than a slave. Seriously... I'd probly make such a great master, cos I know how a slave thinks :P... And at some point, all slaves have at least SOME of the same traits and wants.

Dare861
10-13-2007, 08:45 AM
This sounds like a very good idea, both in safety, and in general.

i remember when i first got into slave/Master-type things. i definately made a few... mistakes that i'd rather not remember.. :p

Mentors for both the slaves and the Masters could help prevent these kinds of mistakes.

Considering myself an experienced slave, i'd be more than happy to teach anyone who is interested in learning. Just drop me a PM ;)

(i'm only on during the weekends now though, so don't be surprised if i don't get back to you right away. i -will- get back to you though.)

See ya then!

- Daredude861

userben
10-23-2007, 08:40 PM
contact a master and if it is alright with the slave sit and and watch on cam and ask ? but master ask your slave first if it all right and if he says no respect it

SubMissChievous
10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Or even simpler: Why not newbies P.M. more experienced masters... or slaves and ask for advices? I've had some young "masters-in-training" message me before & ask for my feedback & I thought it was very intelligent on their part to do so. Personally, I would not go on cam for someone I don't know but I'm always open to answer questions thrown at me at the best of my capacity.

Etherialknight
10-20-2008, 01:26 PM
This topic is pretty old but I couldn't help but share my thoughts on the matter being an aspiring MASTER myself.

I think one of the main ideas here is to control the level of knowledge and experience each of the MASTERS have and provide them a path to becoming proficient at their own unique specialty. One of the biggest obstacles is determining wither or not the person is serious, our time is valuable and it's disheartening to invest it in someone who will just waste it. I have also seen a concern about the quantity of "Want to be MASTERS" who simply don't belong here at all.

This could be one possible solution that would address most of these things and the thought occurred to me just now as I was browsing through this thread, so my apologies if it is a bit rough.

You start by creating a sub section specifically for masters only that have passed a minimum qualification to be considered competent. There is such a VAST amount of information all around the forums, that there is simply no excuse for not being able to accumulate enough information to meet a minimum standard if you just put in the effort.

Being as new as I am I can only guess what criteria you would want, perhaps a list of links and documents you want them to browse through, or a certain number of posts you want them to make to show their interest and willingness to contribute which you can browse through to see if there really is potential there or they just don't get it. The minimum should represent what you yourself would feel comfortable with before investing your time and effort in helping them out.

Once inside you can provide a wealth of very specific training tools. There is a great deal of stuff out there, but it is hard to know what is quality and what is garbage. Here you can have only the choice stuff that you would recommend or use yourself.

Here is the gem of the idea. You can break the sub sections down by state and create a community environment. This will allow you to tie in all of the masters in the same state together to coordinate any number of things. Parties, events, training sessions, mentoring and who knows what.

Since the community is protected by a minimum standard, you have a reasonable certainty that everyone is who they say they are. Aspiring MASTERS have a path that will lead them to being able to find mentors in their own city. MASTERS who want to mentor can be confidant that their time and efforts will be well spent and that their contribution will all but eliminate all of the torment and mistakes they had to endure. The regular site will quickly diminish of most "Want to be MASTERS" since everything seems to be pointing towards "pay your dues or give up hope" and just leave. The new slaves will have a much better safe haven to go to since they know that when they come here, they are getting quality and hopefully, start growing in numbers and becoming much more active.

To add an extra kick to this idea, share it with your sister sites like Kink and create a circle of standards among all of the well known sites. With a little work, this will make the process a fun and pleasurable adventure for everyone.

I've only been exploring for a few days so I hope I'm not jumping the gun with this idea but that is what popped into my head and thought, take a chance and see what they think. I hope you find it useful.