PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Nipple Clamp Safety

Hayleigh
07-04-2018, 02:39 AM
I would like to ask someone who has experience with nipple clamps to post some basic safety information regarding their use.

I am a rather ignorant girl when it comes to BDSM matters. I have a lot of fantasies, but essentially no actual experience. I fantasize about being forced to wear nipple clamps all day or all night, and the fantasy really turns me on, but I have my doubts that doing such a thing is actually safe in reality.

I would also like to ask how much weight a nipple can be expected to hold, if anyone is able to answer that question for me.

Any advice related to this matter would be greatly appreciated! :)

Butterfly
07-04-2018, 10:20 AM
I don't want to give you a specific time frame that is ok, but I will say that you should NOT keep them on overnight. I would honestly not even keep them on in the same spot for more than 30 minutes without taking them off, adjusting and letting the blood flow again. If you leave them on too long, you risk nerve damage to the area.

Butterfly
07-04-2018, 10:21 AM
I was able to hold about 5 lbs between my two nipples using clover clamps. It really depends on the clamps you use and your own tolerance. I think 5 lbs is probably on the high side.

Hayleigh
07-05-2018, 04:19 AM
Thank you for the detailed advice, Butterfly. It is much appreciated. I would love to work up to being able to hold that much weight on my nipples. Hopefully I can someday!

MasterMichaelNY
07-05-2018, 07:01 AM
Girl to let you know there is also a safety area on the board too. It has been inactive, but there is a ton of useful information there posted on all types of subjects.

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=71730

Hayleigh
07-06-2018, 04:00 AM
Is there anyone who has actually worn nipple clamps for an extended period of time (i.e. hours)? If so, was any damage done to your nipples?

Butterfly
07-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Is there anyone who has actually worn nipple clamps for an extended period of time (i.e. hours)? If so, was any damage done to your nipples?

I'm really hoping that nobody actually answers that.

bdsm2014
07-06-2018, 02:42 PM
Anything above 20-30 mins would do serious damage, am pretty sure about that. As far as weight goes, you might need to try with some light objects. How much weight you can bear depends on time.

For example, Take a glass of water, stretch your hand straight and hold it on the palm of your hand. You won’t feel anything, now try holding your hand straight for 15 mins.

You might need to start with using a pen, clothespins or anything light for weight and then work yourself up. 5 lbs might rip the clamp off along with your nipple.

Hayleigh
07-10-2018, 04:10 AM
I'm really hoping that nobody actually answers that.
I get your point and I will leave the idea of clamping my nipples all night in the fantasy realm. :) Thank you again for your wise advice.

Anything above 20-30 mins would do serious damage, am pretty sure about that. As far as weight goes, you might need to try with some light objects. How much weight you can bear depends on time.

For example, Take a glass of water, stretch your hand straight and hold it on the palm of your hand. You won’t feel anything, now try holding your hand straight for 15 mins.

You might need to start with using a pen, clothespins or anything light for weight and then work yourself up. 5 lbs might rip the clamp off along with your nipple.
Thanks for your advice as well. I certainly don't expect my nipples to be able to hold that kind of weight right away, but I really hope I can work up to that someday.

Butterfly, how long did it take you to work up to where your nipples can hold 5 pounds? Months, years?

Butterfly
07-10-2018, 06:35 AM
Butterfly, how long did it take you to work up to where your nipples can hold 5 pounds? Months, years?

10 years of nipple play. And when we did the 5 lbs it was something we built up to very slowly that day. It was done with a bucket supported by BOTH nipples at the same time and I only held the weight for half a minute each time. Its not as though I sat there and held 5 lbs forever.

Hayleigh
07-11-2018, 03:08 AM
One more question on this topic--probably my last--the consensus seems to be 30 minutes at most. But once they're taken off, how long is a good length of time until they're put back on again? For example, is it a good idea to do an all-day cycle of, say, 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off? Or 30 minutes on, 15 minutes off?