PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk: Pet Owner Experiences

Locked Puppy
06-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Ok, I am a pet. And I know what I am like. If this was a romantic relationship I'd be suffocating my SO by my needines, protectivenes, and overall just wanting to be around.

So, this is an open question to all the pet owners out there:
How do you deal with owning a pet?

What is it that you are struggling with owning a pet? (Mistress, feel free to be blunt here :p )

What do you love about owning a pet?

What advice can you give to people that want to own a pet?

You have taken in someone as a pet, and either one of you or both of you found out, they actually weren't a pet. Question mark.

Insert random thought that does not fit the above corset of questions:

Yeah. I am just curious, and of course, let's try and help out people that think about taking in a pet of their own. Let alone find other pet owners and find out how they dealt with certain situations.

Simi
06-08-2018, 03:01 AM
How do you deal with owning a pet?
I love owning my puppy but you need to be aware of how high maintenance they can be as subs, they are very emotionally invested which means you need to give them that back.

What is it that you are struggling with owning a pet? (Mistress, feel free to be blunt here)
We had a point when things got more intense and puppy got quite protective and clingy, i've started referring to that overly protective instincts as his guard dog side (i have told him if he wants to play guard dog he probably ought to learn to defend himself lol)
If you arent able to spend an average of an hour a day with your pet you will struggle to give them what they need. They really can be akin to bio pets and would you buy a new one if you could only be around it the odd weekend? a pet is a big commitment as they are that blend of a bio pet and partner (perks are that you can torture the likes of my puppy and no RSPCA! lol)

What do you love about owning a pet?
If you have a pet you will never be alone, even long distance they are a wonderful completely non judgmental (about me at least) pet. Its utterly unconditional love and adoration as you may find from a loyal dog and that is the best thing about it.

(although seriously ask for photos of my puppy and he is unbelieveably adorable and cute at times)

What advice can you give to people that want to own a pet?
Think about if you can invest as much as they deserve into it. all subs as the control gets more intense need more from their doms while you take them deeper and pets are often highly emotional

You have taken in someone as a pet, and either one of you or both of you found out, they actually weren't a pet. Question mark.
I've never yet had this but all kink relationships develop in time as the dom and sub knows more about themselves, with all relationships you have to be fluid and you need to talk sensibly and experiment to see what fits the pair of you best

Insert random thought that does not fit the above corset of questions:
Owner a pet is the most rewarding relationship I have ever been in but it takes quite a lot of energy and commitment.