PDA

View Full Version : Competitive two-player Deal or No Deal

KnottyWolf
05-28-2018, 08:26 AM
I had an idea for a game based on the concept of deal or no-deal, but with two active participants rather than a single host. I will attempt to describe it clearly, but feel free to ask questions.

The setup: Each player makes a list of five dares for themselves and five dares for the other player of increasing difficulty. Ideally, the first would be something that the player would not mind losing and the fifth would be something they would really dislike. Once the lists are made, they are exchanged, and each player ranks all 10 dares that they would have to do if they lost from easiest to hardest. Player 1 numbers their boxes from 1-10 , and player 2 numbers theirs from 11-20.

As Deal or No Deal started as a tv show, the players can also set a production agreement at this time if they like; essentially agreeing to where the task will be performed (skype, kik, cam site, video or picture uploaded somewhere, and/or text description only) and if it will stay between the two players or be shared (include a message in your report that you can be PM’ed for the task if decide to share it this way.) I highly encourage sharing at least a text description of your game.

The first round: Each player rolls a 20 sided dice three times and (you can use the chat rooms at https://rolz.org/join or @roll on kik or any other multiplayer dice setup.) Each number that comes up eliminates the corresponding box. If a number is repeated, re-roll to get a unique number.

End of round 1, banker’s offer: The banker is the player with the least chance of losing at this point in the game. To determine it mathematically, you can sum the boxes from 1-10, and sum the boxes from 11-20 and subtracting 10 from each box. If the 1-10 sum is lower, player 1 is the banker, if the sum of 11-20 subtracting 10 per box is lower, player 2 is the banker. You can probably also figure this out quickly between the two of you without doing the math, but it is there if you do not agree. The banker offers a task to the other player that is slightly harder than most of their tasks but easier than their worst task remaining. It is up to the banker to determine how generous or stingy they want to be. The other player can accept the offer and perform the task ending the game, or reject it leading to another round.

Second round and offer: The second round is a repeat of the last with 3 boxes each.

Third round and offer: The third round each player opens two boxes before an offer is made. There should be 4 boxes left after this.

Fourth round: Each player opens one box and an offer is made from the banker.

End of the game: If you’ve gotten this far, there should only be two boxes left. You can take turns rolling (starting with the banker) until the one of the boxes is eliminated, or just renumber them 1 and 2, and roll to see which is eliminated. The player with the only remaining box lost the game and has to complete the task the box contains.

The Broadcast: Who ever lost the game is responsible for producing the broadcast. That is to say, they will complete the task and post a recap of the game in this thread.

Simi
05-28-2018, 08:35 AM
Ooooh knottywolf that sounds amazing :) either I or my pup may play with you in time :)

KnottyWolf
05-28-2018, 08:45 AM
Sounds great Simi, you both have my kik so let me know when you have time for a game.

trin
07-08-2020, 03:24 AM
Great game! That would be such a thrill as the numbers get eliminated one by one... It would certainly make a great game to play in a room with a few people watching too :)

Love to try it sometime.

jackjac
08-03-2020, 01:12 AM
I am a worthless sissy who can’t wait to lose and be used.