PDA

View Full Version : How open are you online?

andrew_b
03-20-2018, 03:30 PM
How much information would you share with people online?

Do you think there are certain things you are more comfortable talking about online?

If so, what are they?

Twins
03-20-2018, 03:35 PM
A fair bit but never any that could identify us in person.

Definitely our releshionship s and personality and anything about our kinky life, we are very open about it online but rarely talk to people in real life about it

andrew_b
03-20-2018, 03:38 PM
A fair bit but never any that could identify us in person.

Definitely our releshionship s and personality and anything about our kinky life, we are very open about it online but rarely talk to people in real life about it

You certainly are open online :)

Twins
03-20-2018, 03:39 PM
Honestly I feel like it the only place we can be about certain things.

andrew_b
03-20-2018, 03:39 PM
Honestly I feel like it the only place we can be about certain things.

I couldn't agree more

rhode64
03-21-2018, 02:59 AM

Do you think there are certain things you are more comfortable talking about online?

If so, what are they?

I am careful what information I put online as I don't want some idiot stealing my identity ,but apart from that I am pretty open.

Slavejenni
03-22-2018, 09:31 AM

If so, what are they?

I used to be completely open online, telling all my stories and sharing pictures etc. Then I had a guy turn up at my business. (He used the details I’d shared plus meta data in pics and other digital files to track me down) That was one of the scariest events of my life.

I’m therefore much more cautious, I’m completely open about my kink life and will chat in general terms about my non kink life but I deliberately don’t give out details.

I know 99% of people would not have the technical skill he had to track me down but is a risk I won’t take.

Also I’ve worked extremly hard to build up a successful business in a competitive market so I won’t do anything to risk my business.

keendude
03-22-2018, 10:08 AM
certainly quite open. if conversation drives. and depending on the answers

andrew_b
03-22-2018, 03:05 PM
I used to be completely open online, telling all my stories and sharing pictures etc. Then I had a guy turn up at my business. (He used the details I’d shared plus meta data in pics and other digital files to track me down) That was one of the scariest events of my life.

I’m therefore much more cautious, I’m completely open about my kink life and will chat in general terms about my non kink life but I deliberately don’t give out details.

I know 99% of people would not have the technical skill he had to track me down but is a risk I won’t take.

Also I’ve worked extremly hard to build up a successful business in a competitive market so I won’t do anything to risk my business.

That really is the risk of it, I'm sorry to hear that that happened

Slavejenni
03-22-2018, 08:35 PM
That really is the risk of it, I'm sorry to hear that that happened

I still trust most ppl are genuine, I’m just more cautious

andrew_b
03-22-2018, 11:52 PM
I still trust most ppl are genuine, I’m just more cautious

That's probably the best way to be in this world

Slavejenni
03-23-2018, 10:11 AM
That's probably the best way to be in this world

Indeed, optimism with caution

CurvedDickSub
03-23-2018, 10:39 AM

I share alot information online to be honest, but i try not to share stuff that can identify me in real-life (full name, close location...) & things like bankaccount etc..

Do you think there are certain things you are more comfortable talking about online? If so, what are they?

yes, kinkstuff & mental health are my two main things i am way more open & comfortable talking about online. In real life i pretty much don't talk about that (minus a few persons).

Slavejenni
03-23-2018, 12:16 PM

I share alot information online to be honest, but i try not to share stuff that can identify me in real-life (full name, close location...) & things like bankaccount etc..

Do you think there are certain things you are more comfortable talking about online? If so, what are they?

yes, kinkstuff & mental health are my two main things i am way more open & comfortable talking about online. In real life i pretty much don't talk about that (minus a few persons).

Online can be a great outlet to discuss mental health issues with sympathetic and understanding people. That’s so important to talk about and I’m glad you have an outlet

apr_ska
03-23-2018, 01:44 PM

If so, what are they?

Anything really, aside from identifying info, because the whole reason admitting things is easier is because it’s anonymous. I’ve had very bad experiences (one similar to Slavejenni’s). So like other people, mental health and kinky things I feel more comfortable taking about online. I can explore my guilty pleasures or ask questions I’m too embarrassed to ask in real life or rant about my feelings. Online there’s always a niche group of similarly minded people, where if you spoke to your real life friends about being in a Master/slave relationship, they might think you’re crazy :p

Ace_E360
03-23-2018, 10:43 PM
I tend to be fairly closed off, by which I mean that I'll play, but I'm not interested in commitments, nor in sharing much information at all.