PDA

View Full Version : Not a Story, Sorry

the Bean
07-26-2007, 03:09 PM
sorry, this isnt actually a story, but whereelse could this go? I just wanted to ask whether anyone of the great writers on here (you know who you are:cool: ) could try and write a 3rd person story in the detail of the 1st person stories. I just wanted a story where we can experience the feelings of the other characters as well. PLease give it a go, but if you think its a crap idea scrap it.
PS Smile Guy is this allowed in the story section? sorry if its not but i couldnt think of anywer else to put it. thx

Smile Guy
07-28-2007, 05:00 AM
That's quite alright, as now the place to put it is the Author's Cafe! So, yes, are any authors willing to take on this request?

Marc
07-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Well, should be easy enough to do! I'll start thinking about it as my next project ....

the Bean
07-29-2007, 04:04 PM
wow, loving the author's cafe idea. great job smile guy:)

Wcbrown514
08-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Actually writing in 3rd person is just like writing a formal essay and most of the writers know what that is. It would be easy, but it would take time to write it because it is a diffcult style of writing.

Smile Guy
08-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Third person and first person writing is difficult to compare though...

Third person frees the writer up in terms of narrative, prose and flexibility in where the story goes.
First person can often ground the writer a bit more but as a plus it's much easier to describe a person's feelings and can create a more meaningful story in somewhere (writing through a rapist's point of view for example is pretty dark as they'll try and justify what they are doing in their mixed up head).

In the end I actually prefer third person but I often find myself writing in first person too.

the Bean
08-11-2007, 05:35 AM
first persons easier cos u can put more personall feelings and experience into it