PDA

View Full Version : Freelance Writing Section

NYDude
10-16-2009, 12:46 AM
I had this idea for a while, but didn't know how it would go over due to people interests and whatnot, but i had just read a post by Nuditydudity stating that he wants someone to read some of his work that he's written, and it kind of came back to me.

We already have a story section for Truth or Dare, and a section for Mature (18+) stories. What i am proposing is a Freelance writing section, that will allow the authors and creative writers of getDare an environment to get feedback and post their work thats not related to Truth or dare or Mature themes. I know for one i would love this, as i take a creative writing class and would appreciate feedback on my work.

Please Depp, give us a Free Writing board so we writers of getDare can post our work! :)

Thank you for taking the time to read my proposal.

Slenderman - Doctor
10-16-2009, 10:58 AM
There are a few stories which don't fall under "truth or dare" or "mature". I believe you can still post them in the story section :)

nuditydudity
10-16-2009, 03:48 PM
While that is true, it is not the majority of cases. And they are suppossed to either be mature, or be inspired by truth or dare. for me it was a bio project on William's Syndrome. That's not exactly truth or dare, now, is it? I agree with NY Dude. Even if it's somewhere in the Lounge, that'd be fine too!

Hunanic
10-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Sorry, but I believe GetDare's purpose is mature and TorD stories, if you want to write freelance,go to another site.

Slenderman - Doctor
10-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Sorry, but I believe GetDare's purpose is mature and TorD stories, if you want to write freelance,go to another site.

That's slightly unfair and, besides, getDare has a "Lounge" where absolutely anything (within reason) can be discussed. So the same should go for stories.

theone
10-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Sounds like it may be a good idea to me, but it depends how popular it would be with others.

depp
10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
I had this idea for a while, but didn't know how it would go over due to people interests and whatnot, but i had just read a post by Nuditydudity stating that he wants someone to read some of his work that he's written, and it kind of came back to me.

We already have a story section for Truth or Dare, and a section for Mature (18+) stories. What i am proposing is a Freelance writing section, that will allow the authors and creative writers of getDare an environment to get feedback and post their work thats not related to Truth or dare or Mature themes. I know for one i would love this, as i take a creative writing class and would appreciate feedback on my work.

Please Depp, give us a Free Writing board so we writers of getDare can post our work! :)

Thank you for taking the time to read my proposal.

I'll add this to the Author's Lounge soon ;)
Keep an eye out for it!

depp
10-29-2009, 05:00 PM
I've added the section inside The Author's Cafe and it has been added as a trial. If it gets used we will keep it, if not after a few months I'll nuke it and move the stories that remain into the cafe.