PDA

View Full Version : Please have a rule on 'whining about the obvious' posts! x_x;

darebunny
10-14-2009, 06:46 AM
I'm really tired of seeing every other dare thread lately having replies where people whine about obvious and common sense things.... you know, stuff that everybody ever is going to consider anyway! For example...

A dare involving urine? "OMGG THIS IS SICK YOULL GET SERIOUSLY ILL DONT DO IT"
A dare involving a slight risk of public exposure? "OMG YOULL BE A SEX OFFFENDER AND GO TO PRISON"
A dare involving light breast bondage? "OMG DONT DO IT FOR LONG OTHERWISE YOU COULD HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS!"
A dare involving not changing undies? "OMMGGGG THINK ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL HYGIENE THIS IS JUST STUPID"
A dare involving ice? "YOU COULD GET A COLD AND HYPOTHERMIA FROM THIS OMG"
A dare involving candles? "THIS MIGHT BURN YOUR SKIN DONT DO IT! YOU MIGHT EVEN DROP A CANDLE AND SET YOUR HOUSE ON FIRE"

...etcetera.

I really wish there was a rule that basically said "Stop pointing out risks of dares; People already consider the risks before attempting them, and it just clutters up the forum with unnecessary post!

Jacques
10-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Perhaps instead we could have rule that every forum user is required to demonstrate a minimum level of common sense before they are allowed to post...

They would have to show for example that posting in a very light pink would make their post hard to read, or that posting a thread whining about how people whine is possibly not the best way to get their point across?

You do have something of point about people posting obvious warnings, but asking for a rule banning it is just as absurd!

CollaredBlondie
10-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Sometimes, I don't think that people think about the possible risks of a dare, simply because they might not thik that a certain part could be dangerous.

For example, there's a very good messy dare on here about turning yourself into a human hotdog - some people might not realise that the brine that some tinned hotdogs come in could actually make you very ill, and should definitely not be inside you (the brine that is). That's why I posted a slight warning on the thread; just a whole "make sure you wash the hotdogs first" thing.

And I agree with Jacques - writing in light pink really does make your post hard to read. Another thing, if anyone posts warning on dares, they word them a hell of a lot better than you do. Sometimes people on here need to be warned; us older members have more life experience and know things that younger members can't possibly know yet. It's a politeness thing, passing on warnings.

fork
10-14-2009, 08:10 AM
I haven't really seen any posts like that.. the only posts that I've seen people point out risks are ones like.. that one about licking public urinals clean, which has obvious health risks.. or masturbating with poop on your hand which can cause UTIs. Some people just don't know about that stuff so one post pointing it out would do the trick.
I think a better suggestion would be for people to READ the posts before them so you don't get 45 posts about the same risks.

Manbearpig
10-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Your assumption that a good post will get a reply of “OMG THATZ SOOOOOO STUPID. U CULD CATCHE A COLD :( :mad:” is actually opposite.

Here is usually how the post goes.

GO MASTURBATE IN FRONT OF DA MALL SO MALL COPPS KAN C U! LOLOLOLOLOL :D :cool: LOLOL ZEND ME PIKS.

Noticing someone has posted a really stupid dare, a user will come around and do the following.

Hey dude. That dare is kind of illegal.

That user will report the dare and a mod will lock it. Also, I changed your font because no one could read it.

darebunny
10-15-2009, 06:08 AM
The fact that people claim they can't read this colour genuinely baffles me.
Well, I suppose they do say that certain things cause blindness... not to point fingers or anything. :)

But whatever... I guess most people here think that spamming up threads with 'don't do it in case of something obvious!' is polite... can't say I agree, but hey, at least I know I can be 'polite' in return!

Kerrigan
10-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Omg, Have you considered how dangerous banning them would be?!

Just a joke ofcorse, I completely agree, Theese types of things ^ Are pointless and not needed.

Mythologist
10-15-2009, 02:33 PM
I sort of see where you're coming from, but I think that the site is better off letting people point out such risks. It's sort of an unofficial disclaimer in case someone screws up somehow. And then you have such instances as the brine hotdog danger which is really a pretty good thing to know. Keep in mind that we have some younger people on gd that might simply be unaware of certain risks.

I think taht fork has the right idea by suggesting that people just read the posts already written. One or two posts pointing out risks is, in my opinion, a good thing. A page full of them is rather ridiculous unless people simply have that many different warnings to give.

Hmm... now does me seconding fork's idea sort of create the same problem by making multiple posts suggesting the same thing?!

MischievousKitten
10-15-2009, 11:18 PM
The fact that people claim they can't read this colour genuinely baffles me.
Well, I suppose they do say that certain things cause blindness... not to point fingers or anything. :)

But whatever... I guess most people here think that spamming up threads with 'don't do it in case of something obvious!' is polite... can't say I agree, but hey, at least I know I can be 'polite' in return!
Colors don't always appear exactly the same on everyone's monitor. Then there's things like resolution and distance from the monitor to consider too. I personally have trouble reading that, though I've seen worse. (Dark blue on black background for example.) That's why web professionals use higher-contrasting colors when selecting their text colors and such.

andrew_b
12-28-2009, 01:17 AM
Isn't that pretty much just backseat modding?