PDA

View Full Version : A Weird Suggestion

lokelake
09-19-2009, 07:07 PM
You know when the getdare staff locks threads? You probably do. Well, you know what will be somewhat cool, is the ability to be able to post in your own thread that got locked, and only you (besides the getdare staff).

It could be slight interesting.

Odiefrom
09-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of locking the thread? Thread locking is to prevent posts, so this is to allow posts where they aren't allowed?

theone
09-20-2009, 04:03 AM
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of locking the thread? Thread locking is to prevent posts, so this is to allow posts where they aren't allowed?

I agree with Odiefrom.

If it is deemed necessary to lock a thread, how would a partial lock help the situation?

fork
09-20-2009, 09:09 AM
The OP will just cry and argue on how his thread shouldn't have been locked.

Insomnia
09-20-2009, 09:14 AM
It could be interesting to be able to lock your own thread - for instance a story that was only postable to by the author.

Obviously, then staff could still then completely lock it.

Slenderman - Doctor
09-20-2009, 02:46 PM
I agree with the above. So, it's a no from me.

As for locking your own threads; interesting but no. Threads should always remain open unless they turn into bashing/hateful/spammy threads (imo).

Sorry Loke.

Manbearpig
09-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I dont like it. There was a troll a while ago who kept on complaining after I locked his thread because it was offtopic and everything which led to me locking it. Dont want to have to deal with that again

Odiefrom
09-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Locking your own threads for stories would be interesting, but then you'd lose out on comments and all. All in all I think that's a good idea, but not developed enough. My two cents.

theone
09-21-2009, 08:24 AM
It could be interesting to be able to lock your own thread - for instance a story that was only postable to by the author.

Obviously, then staff could still then completely lock it.

The only advantage I can see would be a continuous story.

Myself I think I think the comments from others are more important for two main reasons.

1) It enables the author to get valuable feedback and direction from other members.

2) As getDare is an online community, the comments allow for that participation.