PDA

View Full Version : Self ban feature

vivala_dare
08-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Self ban feature

Some members like to take a temp ban so they can leave the site to do something else. Now that asking to be banned temporally is not allowed maybe there should be a self ban feature.

So if you wanted to take a break you could ban yourself for so many days then after the time period you could access your account again. I think it would not only be useful but it is a good edition to the site for members.

Viva

erick92
08-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Or, you could just not come to the site. Seems pretty simple to me.

DaVance
08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Or, you could just not come to the site. Seems pretty simple to me.

I completely agree. It is simply a matter of self control. But then, when you think about it, this site is full of people who post ads wanting a master or mistress to control what they do.

depp
08-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Would you rather I spend my next period of free time coding a feature like this or improving the forums, front-page, or chat? My priorities are with things that affect the most users. I'm not saying I'll never implement this, just that it's not going to happen for a while.

Night-1991
08-31-2009, 09:08 PM
There was no need for the two replies above Depps post, all the OP was suggesting was a feature.

And, agree with Depp. He has to concentrate on the site issues instead of little features

erick92
08-31-2009, 10:30 PM
There was no need for the two replies above Depps post, all the OP was suggesting was a feature.

And, agree with Depp. He has to concentrate on the site issues instead of little features

He suggested a feature, we gave our opinion, just as you did. Isn't that the reason it's posted publicly in the suggestion zone?

greatsayaman
08-31-2009, 11:30 PM

Sorry but... I completely agree with them.
The feature is completely obselete. For those who really can't control their body and mind (at least to the extent of leaving a website for a few days)... I don't think the administrator should spend all his time creating such an unnecessary feature.
If they've got such an inability to leave the forum for important things, I doubt they can concentrate on much else in the meantime.

BettyBoop
09-01-2009, 03:08 AM

The person suggests, then others give their opinion. That's the point. I think it'd nice people are thinking up ideas for the site, but maybe that would take too much time for something that isn't that needed.

lokelake
09-01-2009, 06:44 AM
I for one thinks that this self ban feature is pretty cool.

CollaredBlondie
09-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Seems pretty pointless to me. People need to learn self control and/or self discipline. Keeping yourself off of the site really isn't that hard.