PDA

View Full Version : Run along

eddidde
08-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Dice dare here, this is my first. I'm going to orientate it towards improving the shape of the members here:P Roll one dice, and follow what it says.

1. You're safe, no running
2. Run until your legs ache a little
3. Run until you are in pain
4. Run until you can hardly breathe
5. Run until you vomit (Which is actually good for you!)
6. Do number 5, then repeat tomorrow:)

Malus
08-21-2009, 04:14 AM
how is number 5 good for you?

Sure, it will help you lose wieght, but the human body vomits for reasons. they usually are telling you, uh oh something's not right.

BettyBoop
08-21-2009, 05:08 AM
I didn't know running caused vomiting. This doesn't seem safe to push yourself exercise wise so much you end up in pain or hardly being able to breathe.
I have a treadmill, so I'm going to go run on it, as you gave me the idea :p. But not until I vomit..

dare-demon
08-21-2009, 11:14 AM
this is in the wrong section....its place is in dice dares...
...and i guess running doesnt cause you to vomit i run 3 km daily

Fabio2536
08-21-2009, 11:16 AM
I would say that vomiting from running carries the same risks as doing it without running, its safe as long as you don't do it a whole lot. I used to be a runner and I would push myself till I was in extreme pain to see if I could get to say that six mile mark, which I did. But after I stopped running my heart out I would puke. I have actually found out from my doctor that it isn't dangerous if your heart rate stays under 220 - (your age)bpm. This number changes a little bit depending on your health; play it safe and if you feel really dizzy do a cool down walk and lie done with your feet propped above your head to avoid passing out. I think that is the jest of the safety information for this dare, any runners or licensed physicians can correct me if they feel I am wrong.

jlstockton25
08-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Vomiting is a signal something is wrong, whether it's natural or intentional. A few girls from my cheer squad were exercise bulimics..immediately after they ate, they would work out like mad until they threw up. If you're exercising to the point you're vomiting, you need to alter your regimen.

eddidde
08-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Actually you're all wrong, you vomit when you run as you burn a lot of energy, your body produces acids, which make you feel hungry so you eat, but if you don't eat you have to get rid of the acid. It's good for you. A marine who runs supermarathons told me, so I take his word in running as gospel.