PDA

View Full Version : getDare Desktop Edition (BETA-1)

depp
02-20-2005, 07:26 PM
BETA NOW CLOSED!!!
The final version is in the works. It will be out "When its done"
Thanks to those who tested things out. We really do have plans. :-D

SORRY -> NO LONGER FOR DOWNLOAD

Below is for information purposes only. I will unlock this thread when there are future developments.

=============================================
getDare Desktop beta is available NOW. The game is customizable and the options on the front page can be changed with the built in editor. As always here there is a NO SPYWARE guarantee.

http://www.getdare.com/inside/thumbs1/1.gifhttp://www.getdare.com/inside/thumbs1/2.gif
http://www.getdare.com/inside/thumbs1/4.gifhttp://www.getdare.com/inside/thumbs1/3.gif

Please contribute by sending us dares for inclusion.

This is only the first of many great things we plan on developing for the Truth or Dare scene. :mrgreen:

Note: This is BETA quality software. This version was rushed out to give users a chance to play with our new toy. Watch the forums for the newest versions. We are working to resolve the bugs currently in this package and there are bugs. Even though this is beta quality we guarantee that all future products will support the files created in this application. Don't be afraid to make custom files in our editor. Our file format is solid and will be able to be used in future versions.

depp
02-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Any bug reports on this early Beta version would be greatly appreciated. Not only does it help out us, improvements help you guys and gals. Also, feel more than free to upload your own *.tod set files created in the program here on the forums.

02-25-2005, 06:35 PM
A five minute initial test would indicate that the ability to restore it from being minimised is at best sluggish and at worst non-functional.

depp
02-25-2005, 10:03 PM
aware of problems with the window state. (several really)
again, this is a very early beta version. I write a lot of software and this will get much more stable as I get time to refine things.

One of the bigger slow downs is the window transparrency. It really hurts the application speeds on some machines. My code is still a little dirty too. Future versions will solve many of the problems seen in this test.

Thanks for the report! 8)

depp
02-25-2005, 11:06 PM
BETA 2 patch is above for download. Requires the BETA 1 install.

Should make the program run a little faster. Not a big fix just a little somthing to hold over untill BETA 3 (lots of fixes).

BETA 3 (when out) will fix 90% of the problems with the current build. After BETA 3 our next goal with be greater speed and also a few more special features. Transparent windows will be back. ;-)

02-27-2005, 01:57 AM
still buggy but very nice.
can't wait for the next beta version
best of luck guys

depp
02-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Our stable version will be out in a week. (we are hoping)
Also, we have an exciting new idea in the works that we are currently developing. We can't say what it is yet but we are working heavily with a Javascript scripting engine and XML. Who knows what we are cooking up. Details to follow!

04-26-2005, 07:47 PM
whens the new software going to be posted?

dareboy
06-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Whens the new one gonna be posted its almost summer break :cry: i wanna play wen ppl are over. :D

skunkgirl
06-19-2005, 09:00 PM
hi i was hopeing that the turth and dare game would be ready soon is it?

07-03-2005, 06:16 AM
I think we should be able to get the beta since its been forever.

lestat221
07-09-2005, 12:39 AM
hey depp, where have ya been?? You haven't forgotten your fans, have you :P

Lestat221

userben
07-11-2005, 08:42 PM
i think he did

lestat221
07-16-2005, 01:35 AM
nah he's back :P

depp
07-16-2005, 04:22 AM
I've been a really busy guy.

Anyways, I like this site... and it seems to be growing so i'll be devoting more time to it now. This program has a few nasty bugs in it to be honest. I built in a crazy encryption scheme to protect my dare files and it was causing lots of problems. I'll give it another look here soon but for the time being I would rather work on improving the site for now. I have a lot of cool ideas for stuff I want to try out. I just have to invest my time wisely.

I am a fan of this community and, most importantly, this game.

Big_Joe
10-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Whatever happened to this depp?

depp
10-25-2006, 04:50 PM
If anyone is really interested I can start doing software again. I junked this because it was the same as the site.

If anyone has a really cool idea for a piece of software relating to the Truth or Dare scene let me know. I'll make it. :-D

Big_Joe
10-25-2006, 05:07 PM
This would be hard to do but how about creating a piece of AI bot software that you can play truth or dare with.
You talk to the bot and it will reply according to a built in or one of several built in responces.

e.g.
Bot says: Truth or dare?
Player 1 says: dare
Bot says: Lick the floor
Player 1 says: completed
Bot says: OK, truth or dare?
Player 1 says: truth
Bot says: Whats the most embarrasing thing you've ever done?
Player 1 says: Ran around the block naked
Bot says: HAHA
Bot says:Truth or dare?

What you think?
It can be done i've seen models of this type of thing just non-truth or dare style on MSN Messenger.