PDA

View Full Version : Chat Typing and Status

CodtsQ
08-09-2009, 09:58 PM
These things have been on my mind for a while and I thought I should post them. :D

Chat Typing: When you're in the Getdare chat, and you have a long message to type(for whatever reason), some people are impatient or just want the conversation to continue, so I thought that like on most of the other chats I've seen on other websites, we could have a little typing bubble or something on the right of our names when we are typing. This is a little idea that is far from necessary, but I just thought I would put it out there.

Status: This is something for people that might make more threads than necessary, or just don't want to make a thread(or for some other reason). When you want dares or truths randomly, you could go make a thread, but wouldn't typing into a little status bar be easier? The situation would be that either your friends would be notified, or when people click on your name in the forums, it comes up with "public profile" and stuff, it would be right above that stuff. I'm not suggesting we turn this into a mini-facebook type deal, just something to inform people what you looking for an easier way. Again, not nearly necessary, just a small thing that could be added.

fork
08-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Both of these have been suggested already and I know at least the typing one was dismissed.

erick92
08-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I really like the typing idea. I just don't know how easy that would be to program into the Flash chat. The status idea seems a bit un-needed. With the status, if you wanted, you could put it in your own visitor message so people will see it when they visit your profile.

BettyBoop
08-11-2009, 02:14 AM
I like both.
The typing one is a good one, because it's annoying when people type something like 9 times because you haven't replied and you just went to get a drink or something. I don't always remember to type "BRB".
So if it isn't saying "typing" I'm not there!