PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Type Game

TestingLimits
03-13-2017, 01:35 PM
Even though Survivor's popularity is waning after so long, it is still a popular show, and I thought it might be fun to get a group together to play out something similar with dare challenges. A new season just premiered not long ago, so it's certainly as good a time as any to begin.

For those who aren't familiar with Survivor, it's a game where about 18 or so people (sometimes less) are flown out to some tropical island to fend for themselves for 40 days. Players begin split into two or three teams (tribes) that compete in challenges. The losing tribe votes a member off. After a number of players are voted off, the tribes merge and players compete as individuals. After the merge, all players voted off become part of the jury to decide the winner. This jury votes on which on of the final two or three standing deserves to win the grand prize.

Here's how I currently plan to proceed. People can sign up to play below. Once we have about eight players, the planning phase will begin. Depending on how many players we have, there may be a few team challenges (which would be split into segments based on how many players are on each team) or we might jump straight into individual challenges. Since not everyone has the same likes and limits, there might need to be a selection of tasks, but everyone would pick one task and write a report on completing that task. The audience would vote on which report was best, and that person would be immune from being voted out. A vote would then occur between players to vote out the person with the weakest report. That person could still play along as the audience, however, they would be unable to participate as a contestant. In addition, eliminated players would have a hand in choosing the winner, as all eliminated players will be part of the jury. This is to be based off of the quality of all reports taken as a whole. In addition, the audience may select its own winner if they come to a different conclusion. If there are prizes, the audience choice would also be eligible for a prize.

This is intended to be more of a fun game than anything, so I'd really like to downplay the alliance aspect of things. If the game becomes personal, we're probably not doing this right. I'm not yet sure what the prize for winning would be, but that can be discussed and agreed upon later.

Audience involvement is CRUCIAL with this game. The audience chooses the winners of each challenge, and it might have a moderating role if there is a controversial vote or if there is a tie. In addition, the audience is entirely welcome to suggest new tasks to keep it fresh, since having only one person making tasks can become a real strain. I will be the one running the game and filling whatever roles I need to to keep the game running smoothly, but I'm more than happy to open that role up to others who are willing and able to chip in. The more daremasters there are, the easier the task of creating dares will be.

If you have any suggestions or ideas, I would love to hear them. This isn't just my game, it should be fun for everyone involved, so any way I could accomplish that goal better would be eagerly accepted.

If you have read all this and are interested in playing, comment with your favorite Survivor player, or if you've never watched the show, you may simply state your interest.

Newbe123
03-14-2017, 04:49 AM
I like the idea of this i will play

hotdiggity8676
03-19-2017, 08:21 AM
I'd love to play. Haven't seen the show in a long time, so I'm not sure of any specific Survivor names. But definitely interested.

Jay_brooks
03-19-2017, 02:26 PM
I'd love to play too!

LeonWolfe
03-20-2017, 08:22 PM
I haven't watched the show in years, but I use to be glued to it. Though I'm terrible with names. I would love to be a contestant.

Newbe123
04-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Can't believe more people don't want to play

TestingLimits
04-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Same. I'd have thought it would get more traffic.

derrammler
04-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Definitely count me in on this one!

Yipyupyop
04-09-2017, 03:06 AM
I like to join but i am not very active time to time

lthrnbondage
04-09-2017, 03:15 AM
Sounds like a great idea

I'll play

ScaredBMD
04-09-2017, 09:57 AM
I'd love to play this!

NisGuy466
04-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Count me in! this sounds like fun!

Newbe123
04-10-2017, 08:53 AM
Is that 9 people then hopefully get to the 18 soon could we start with less?

TestingLimits
04-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Okay, so we now have eight people. I'll start planning out some challenges and seeing if anyone else wants to contribute. Once I have that done, applications will close and we'll begin playing.

PetTaylor
04-16-2017, 02:09 AM
Can I join!?!?!?!

jerdc
04-16-2017, 06:42 AM
I'm also interested in this game.

d-1925
04-16-2017, 06:57 AM
I'm interested in this too. Sign me up!