PDA

View Full Version : Rating!

maxim
08-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Hey I have a theire for you guys and I hope you agree why is it that people only rate threads whenever they are really great?
Because you can rate it all and then it would be wiser to pick out what games to look at I mean here are all the rankings!:
Excelent
good
avergage
bad
terriable

People if we all start rating the threads then we would not have such a problem with newbies(which evry single one of you complain about)
will not not to post on absured and dead threads!

Just and idea you know!
So what do you guys thunk about it?

BettyBoop
08-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Well, I thunk we should all rate more.
I try whenever I can remember, with the star rating. But a lot of the time, I tend to forget.

Slenderman - Doctor
08-03-2009, 03:44 PM
why is it that people only rate threads whenever they are really great?

I don't.

If I think a thread's naff, I rate it one/two stars.

People if we all start rating the threads then we would not have such a problem with newbies(which evry single one of you complain about)

I don't complain about newbies.

People if we all start rating the threads then we would not have such a problem with newbies ... will not not to post on absured and dead threads

Hold on, there's no relevance between a dead thread (if you take that to mean a thread which hasn't been posted in for ages) and a rating!?

I don't see why people should have to rate threads. You've presented a point regarding dead threads which has no relevance to ratings, and I just think it's fine how it is. The rating system is optional and people use it when they want to. Nobody should be made to, or asked to use it.

DaVance
08-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I thunk this was a good public service announcement and it is a good thiere. I have been here two years and never once rated a thread. I had no idea you could rate threads 'Excelent, good, avergage, bad, or terriable'. I learned something new today.

Maybe I should have posted this in the 'What did you learn today?' thread.

I have no problem with the newbies. Some of the absured threads are the more humorous ones.

(P.S.: I would have italiczed the mispelled words I copied from the original post. However, the bold-italics-underline and text colors do not work on my old home computer.)

quidproquo
08-03-2009, 06:21 PM
I think it's worth saying that there is a difference between a post you don't like and a bad post. For example, I don't like the homosexual stories on this site, I think they're gross, but some of them are still well written. Just because I think they're gross doesn't mean I should rate them down.

I'm concerned that if we encourage people to rate more they will rate based on their personal opinion of the type of post rather than on the quality.

Since many threads are not appealing to me because of their genre, I do not rate them at all, because I am biased against them. I think it's perfectly fine that most people do not rate.

lokelake
08-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I've been here for almost a year, and I saw rated threads, but I never knew how to rate a thread up until only about four days ago. Sorry, I went a little off topic here.

maxim
08-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Dav I never said you do complain but there are tons of people who do!

And loelake and see you a great set but you hae never ratded a thread so why would anyone else?

All you guys post have a point and sorry if you think I'm a bitch for posting this!
But I though it needed to be said!