PDA

View Full Version : Trash Can

cheesy dude
07-03-2007, 01:06 PM
as of now i amgoing to start giving negitive rep to the useres who's posts i have to put in the trash can due to breaking the rules... eg i want pics of u naked, or, hi go on this site.

as well as the usual PM saying not to do it again.

xxxMichellexxx
07-04-2007, 09:06 AM
i agree with this idea... bad posts are becoming more and more common around here now.

SlaveBoy
07-04-2007, 09:08 AM
what if they send it by msn?i got someone who keep send pm asking me to go to a website it the ipod one

cheesy dude
07-04-2007, 10:14 AM
slave boy if you are being spammed through the PM system please let us staff know, and forward the pm to me and il try to get it stopped.

the rep system can only be given to posts.

timmy
07-04-2007, 12:42 PM
very good idea =]

im getting a tad fed up of people asking for msn's. naked pics and stuff xD

teach them a lesson =] Huzar!

cheesy dude
07-05-2007, 08:28 AM
thanks timmy, but all please remember anyone can leave neg rep on bad or stupidly daft posts by clicking the scales undernighth users names and clicking disaprove... also good posts should be encouraged and good rep given for posts you like.

timmy
07-05-2007, 08:29 AM
oh wow, ive been on this site for so long, and never knew that

thanks alot, ill use that =]

SlaveBoy
07-05-2007, 08:33 AM
ohi just found out too thx

xxxMichellexxx
07-05-2007, 08:38 AM
This is how reputation works, it was posted by depp in Mustangman58's thread: Reputation Problem...Again?!?

Points are added and subtracted based the reputation of the user doing the adding/subtracting. I won't say exactly how the formula works but taking away reputation is a lot harder than adding it. The amount of sway a user has is also based on how long they have been here and how high their own reputation is. Many users don't count against your reputation at all because they don't meet the secret requirements to move people up or down.

I monitor the system and modify the way points work based on what I find. Although I disagree with some of what I see in the logs, for the most part the system is being used in a way that benifits everyone.

Also, reputation is calculated in real time. You always know exactly what you have at any given moment.

All you really need to know is the system takes abuse into account. A few bad ratings are not going to hurt you. Continue to reward good posters and the system will continue to work.

It could have changed by now but this is the basics...:)

cheesy dude
07-05-2007, 08:43 AM
just too add to that, thanks USA girl :)

negitive rep takes off a max of -2 each time when users have only the start amout of 10 (2 bars) sont know how much is subtracted from higher repuationed users because it dosnt really happen lol.

depp
07-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Also remeemebr you can report posts too using the triangle icon (next to the reputation icon). This alerts the moderation team to the post.

I'll look into having posts with terrible reputation automaticly removed. ;)

Smile Guy
07-25-2007, 04:21 AM
The more popular getDare becomes, the more spam we're going to get. It's just how things go... but we've got an excellent moderating team now so we'll be able to crack down on it!

Powerstrip
07-25-2007, 06:24 AM
The more popular getDare becomes, the more spam we're going to get. It's just how things go... but we've got an excellent moderating team now so we'll be able to crack down on it!

Yup. A couple of weeks ago there was a bit of a wobble, but your all doing a great job :D

EDIT: +rep each :D

Musty 21
07-31-2007, 11:08 PM
the spam thing is true... i mean 67 unread messages? lol

Powerstrip
08-01-2007, 11:46 AM
the spam thing is true... i mean 67 unread messages? lol

80 here, and this has happened most nights this week :(

depp=noob=lol
08-01-2007, 11:50 AM
120 here everyday!

depp
08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Unread posts are not necessarily bad at all. The majority of posts are of good quality. Staff like depp=n00b=lol get more too because they have access to other hidden areas so their unread post counts will always be higher.

Musty 21
08-01-2007, 11:07 PM
lots of people ask me for dares and Usa slave girl welcomed me =) but like some people wanted me to change my avatar lol, anyway depp, you should make a pm friends only option

Powerstrip
08-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Unread posts are not necessarily bad at all. The majority of posts are of good quality. Staff like depp=n00b=lol get more too because they have access to other hidden areas so their unread post counts will always be higher.

So the moderators spam hidden areas :P (only kidding)

depp=noob=lol
08-02-2007, 02:34 PM
So the moderators spam hidden areas :P (only kidding)

Yes powerstrip, we,moderators, want our post numbers to be high!

joking ;)

Musty 21
08-03-2007, 11:31 AM
lol how do we know u don't have a spam thread in the mod forums? lol jk. congrats on the 500 club, didn't notice you reached it :D

depp
08-03-2007, 11:37 PM
We have a lot of hidden stuff and I can assure you we don't spam for post counts. Hell, If I really want I can change my post count to anything I want with a few database edits. I don't thing any of the mods really care about how may posts the system counts anyways.