PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever met another user in RL?

Seedsy
07-02-2007, 10:26 PM
WEll Title Say's it. If so, what user, why did you?

Also this is not recommended by anyone due to all the risks involved. And If you do meet someone make sure it is in a public place where there are alot of people around. Make both of you have a similiar piece of clothing. Like an Out of town Hockey team ex. If your in Toronto Dont wear a leafs cap.....

Marc
07-02-2007, 11:02 PM
No, I haven't

Totally agree with the comment about being careful / risks involved - although not being a Canadian or a Hockey follower I can't comment on the advice about wearing a leafs cap....

TrekBoy008
07-03-2007, 09:55 AM
You should also tell someone you trust where you are going. You don't have to tell them specifics, but you should tell them that if they don't hear from you by a certain time, they should alert the authorities. You may even want to set up a code to let them know that things aren't alright without actually saying as much.

love.ya.all.night
08-17-2007, 08:02 PM
No I havn't. I can defend myself (thanks to a few years of self defense and a uncle that lived in the bad part of town) but I would want to, to many varibles and posible liars out there.

roxie314
08-17-2007, 08:10 PM
omg i always do that secret code thyng with my mom--lyke say no the weathers fyne incase she's getting murdered--or lyke tortured and then say oh the weatheres horrible if she's okay
(casue well she's a u know drug addict and she works on the streetz if u know what i mean so i'm alwasy worried about her....)

and no i have never met ne one from gd

SubMissChievous
08-17-2007, 08:19 PM
You should also tell someone you trust where you are going. You don't have to tell them specifics, but you should tell them that if they don't hear from you by a certain time, they should alert the authorities. You may even want to set up a code to let them know that things aren't alright without actually saying as much.To answer the question: No I have not. But TrekBoy is absolutely right on this, if you are to meet someone you've only known from online not just to make it in a public place but let people around you aware of your whereabouts. Very important.

depp
08-17-2007, 11:45 PM
I have met people through the internets and they were all rapists. My mommy always said not to talk to strangers. There are lots of bad people online and they all want to kill you. I don't take walks at night because I might get stabbed.

doomed_soul89
08-18-2007, 08:05 AM
I have met people through the internets and they were all rapists. My mommy always said not to talk to strangers. There are lots of bad people online and they all want to kill you. I don't take walks at night because I might get stabbed.
all of them were rapists wow you have bad luck and im guessing you don't live in the safest neigbourhood considering your afraid to go out a night maybe you should get some self-defense training

anyways no i never met anyone online but i would cuz im not afraid of anything well i am they just don't affect me(ie im afraid of heighs but i climb alot) and i guess the worst case senario would be pretty bad tho if it was like an old dude who liked to rape boys and pretended to be a hot young girl online if something like that happened id be stuck there waiting for the cops to come for like 2 hours then it would take like months to clear up that it was self def when i killed him and if that happend i would kill them

animal
08-18-2007, 12:44 PM
I never met someone from the internet in real life but I' dlike to meet someone. But only if I can realy trust him/ her

the Bean
08-18-2007, 05:35 PM
i agree Depp. every single person you meet online wants to kill you!

depp
08-18-2007, 07:06 PM
i agree Depp. every single person you meet online wants to kill you!

Finally some reason! I'm meeting someone from the interwebs tomorrow night to meet up and talk about stuff. I think I might try to pepper spray him first before he gets a shot at me! The internets are inherently dangerous. Please be careful. My mom always says STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE ON THE INTERWEB(S)! I once found a cool place online and went there. As soon as I went in I will almost killed by an axe mummy murderer! The information super highway is a dangerous thing.

MasterO
08-18-2007, 07:27 PM
I've never met with anyone from getdare but have met with several people I met at other internet sites. All were good people, no murderers, rapists, or thieves.

One should exercise caution but not live in fear of anything.

SubMissChievous
08-18-2007, 07:37 PM
I've never met with anyone from getdare but have met with several people I met at other internet sites. All were good people, no murderers, rapists, or thieves.

One should exercise caution but not live in fear of anything.

I agree 100%. The truth is most people are honest and sincere. Just be smart & sure before you do meet someone that was my point earlier. There's a line between safety and paranoia, obviously.

depp
08-18-2007, 07:59 PM
In all seriousness I have met a ton of cool people from the Internet I would have never met otherwise. As long as you exercise good judgment and make sure you are meeting in a safe situation you should be fine. If you are meeting a person you barely know make sure you tell people where you are going (or bring a friend along). It may be best to meet a person you don't know well in a very public place.

IWillObey06
08-18-2007, 08:45 PM
well... i've had the opportunity to meet people in real life twice, first one i didnt because she wanted me to go with her to a bdsm club and all this stuff and i didnt like that idea and it was to fast. But... well i did meet another lady at a hotel where i served her and it was nervous at the beginning mainly because when she came to the door and i looked through the peep hole and saw she was with another girl i got worried but in the end it was a great experience, but we did talk alot before hand and laid down rules and everything. you just have to be really care with who it might be

TrekBoy008
08-18-2007, 09:12 PM
There's a line between safety and paranoia, obviously.

While I do agree with that statement, it is also important to remember that just because you're paranoid, that doesn't mean that there isn't someone following you.

SubMissChievous
08-18-2007, 09:51 PM
While I do agree with that statement, it is also important to remember that just because you're paranoid, that doesn't mean that there isn't someone following you.
I understand what you mean. I thought I would just make it clear because some people seem to find humor or just don't seem to care when it comes to safety unfortunately. What I meant is for people to use common sense & be aware of potential danger. That doesn't mean that every one on the web are out to kill people. Just to be smart.

animal
08-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Finally some reason! I'm meeting someone from the interwebs tomorrow night to meet up and talk about stuff. I think I might try to pepper spray him first before he gets a shot at me! The internets are inherently dangerous. Please be careful. My mom always says STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE ON THE INTERWEB(S)! I once found a cool place online and went there. As soon as I went in I will almost killed by an axe mummy murderer! The information super highway is a dangerous thing.

cool whats the link?

moxie
05-19-2011, 05:43 PM
I have never met a gD user in person and I would probably never do so.

Blank
05-19-2011, 06:49 PM
I met all my liverpool friends online, went to see shannon in liverpool and her boyfriend ended up meeting her whole family, so not all internet people are bad.... 11 DAYS TO I GO BACK WOO

cbtslave4u2
05-19-2011, 07:00 PM
no, i think im the only member within 300 miles of where i live.

Dylan xX
05-19-2011, 07:55 PM
I met one person in London airport practically on accident a while ago :O It was pretty cool :)

Dareholic
11-24-2012, 06:51 PM
No, but then again; I don't know of anyone around here that is on this site.

EmmaLang
11-28-2012, 08:15 AM
I have met a few off here and many off other sites. Do not feel it is right to say who I have met tho, if they want it known they can post it.

Luv Emma XxX

Anjelen
11-29-2012, 04:24 AM
I've met Kitten and DutchieDoughnutMan.

As for self-defence... I know Krav Magra and Dom-Fu.

I think i'll be fine.

Star Shadows
11-29-2012, 03:06 PM
I have met several members on this site, and there are many more I would like to meet. I do advise exercising caution, my dad came with me to meet the first, and I was with her to meet the other two. Never meet alone or in a non public location, and always make sure someone knows where you are.

she
11-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Never met anyone from this site but I have met people from the Internet in real life. Always met in a public place. Several people I've met I had video chatted with prior so it was much easier to verify they were who they claimed to be. Was a much more comfortable encounter.

heretoserveyou
12-01-2012, 07:36 PM
No I haven't. Could get really interesting though

OverThe
12-04-2012, 03:31 PM
I've never met another user in person, and I would be very very cautious about it because of the risks, although I do think there could be ways to do it safely, I'm just not sure I would be willing to take the risk myself. My biggest fear would be meeting someone who has represented themselves as over 18 but was actually a minor. You don't want to me anywhere near a situation like that, that's just asking for all kinds of trouble. Especially now that so many teens have fake IDs and stuff, I would be really concerned about that.

Smokey69
12-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Unfortunately I never met anyone from getDare or any other website in real life...
Would Love to try it out though, should be "interesting" to say the least ;P