PDA

View Full Version : Thank Points!!

busted
07-14-2009, 05:20 AM
I know i put a post about this in the other thread but i though it deserved a new thread in the suggestion zone. :D

So, for as long as i can remember now alot of people have been asking for dare points system. So i thought maybe instead you could do it with the new thanks feature. :)

This is how it would work. In your profile it would say how many thanks you had been given in your whole time on getdare ever.Then maybe there could be a top 10 leaderboard somewhere for the people who had got the most thanks in the last 24 hours, last week, last month, last year, and ever. You get my drift ;)

So what do you think? :)

Slenderman - Doctor
07-14-2009, 05:27 AM
getDare used to have dare points and reputation. Didn't go down well really :rolleyes: xD

Edit: Just seen the thanks feature. Whilst I'd like to be able to view the amount of thanks I've recieved, I don't think it should be made into a leaderboard. It'd turn it into a competition and it could end up messing up >_<

busted
07-14-2009, 06:43 AM
I know when i joined they use to have like dare girl, best story teller and stuff like that.

Slenderman - Doctor
07-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Two words: Popularity contest.

In my opinion, the thanks should just be a neutral feature. No points or scores or battles, just friendly thanks :)

erick92
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
What could happen with using points is friends will get together, and spam their thank you buttons, making it unfair to others. And like Koq said, it could just be made into a populatiry contest and a competition, which isn't the point of the thank you system.

lokelake
07-14-2009, 05:50 PM
What could happen with using points is friends will get together, and spam their thank you buttons, making it unfair to others. And like Koq said, it could just be made into a populatiry contest and a competition, which isn't the point of the thank you system.

I agree with erick.

Coyote
07-14-2009, 08:58 PM
No it would turn into rep all over

busted
07-15-2009, 12:50 AM
You can only say thanks 5 times a day and it wouldn't become more of a rep thing than it already it is. Just saying :D

depp
07-15-2009, 01:06 AM
On your profile page if you click the "Statistics" tab you can see all your "Thanks" stats.

I'm opposed to any public ranking system of users. Both "dare points" and the reputation system were horrible failures. I'm not opposed to a new reputation system but serious thought needs to go into how it can be done without too many problems cropping up. I have some ideas for it's return but have not had time to set them up.

erick92
07-15-2009, 01:34 AM
On your profile page if you click the "Statistics" tab you can see all your "Thanks" stats.

I'm opposed to any public ranking system of users. Both "dare points" and the reputation system were horrible failures. I'm not opposed to a new reputation system but serious thought needs to go into how it can be done without too many problems cropping up. I have some ideas for it's return but have not had time to set them up.

We've gotten along just fine without rep, really. I don't need to look at a rep to know who quality posters are, because I already know them.

cheesey923
07-15-2009, 10:04 PM
yah i agree with eric plus every one has a different idea of whos a good poster depending on what they like