PDA

View Full Version : Probation? Ban?

lokelake
07-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Now hold on, your just going have to read the whole thing as to why I put this in the suggestion thread so:p

To me, a probation and a ban are the same thing. When I had both, I logged on while being on both. Although, I didn't have access to any of the forums. So, what is the point of having two different words to ban people?

A probation is no bann. Just read what a probation is: "A temperorary posting probation." So, since it says this, why does it act like a true ban? A probation should do what it says... a user, just wouldn't be able to post anything on the forums, but they can search the forums being logged on.

If you want the user not to be able to search the forum while being logged on, then just ban them.

My suggesstion: Have probation do what it says as the discription: "A temperorary posting probation." So, just have the user: Search the forums while being logged on, just can't post anything.

fork
07-12-2009, 09:19 PM
I also wondered about this.. and I agree with you. A temp. posting probation should be like before you activated your account.

depp
07-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I may fix this. It's not high on my list of priorities for what I would hope are obvious reasons.