PDA

View Full Version : Make A Body Wax Sculpture!

Bandana
09-02-2016, 03:01 PM
See an example this navel sculpture clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdAWLY7p4CA

Dare someone or be dared to make a Body Wax Sculpture out of candle wax!

Wax a THICK layer on a body part of your choice with candle wax; wait, then pick up your 'sculpture' when it has cooled down enough and then take two proof pics and post here in the thread (use the 'Attachment' paperclip!).

The trick not to hurt oneself and get blisters is to do it in several thin layers,
one on top of the other, or choose a not so hot wax, see the info below. The hotter, the harder the finished wax sculpture gets when it is cold.

Info on the temperature of different candle wax:
“Pure paraffin wax melts at around 130 to 135 degrees Fahrenheit (54 to 57 Celsius). Adding stearine makes the wax harder and melt at a higher temperature. Adding mineral oil makes the wax softer and melt at a lower temperature. Soft candles in glass jars usually have mineral oil in their blend and burn cooler at around 120 degrees Fahrenheit (49C), Pillar candles are mostly paraffin and burn warmer at around 140 degrees Fahrenheit (60C). Taper candles have lots of stearine and burn hotter still at around 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71C). Beeswax candles burn about 10 degrees Fahrenheit (6 C) hotter than equivalent paraffin candles."

I dared myself to do my own navel using very hot white stearine candle wax; here are pics from two pov: