PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Notices?

lokelake
07-03-2009, 05:16 AM
I notice on Kinktalk (unless I was seeing things), on the bottom, it shows who's birthday is today. I think that will be awsome if that was on getdare too. What do you guys think?

Eon_Blade
07-03-2009, 05:26 AM
Would be a fun idea, then we could bombard that user with Happy Birthday messages :D!

Though so many people enter false birthdays we may just be celebrating lies. And as a person I'm against that :D.

muffinfairy
07-05-2009, 09:11 AM
If they want you (everyone) to know they'll just say their birthday is coming up in a blog, etc?

BettyBoop
07-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Maybe people don't want their birthdays shown to everyone. Maybe if you had just turned 18 and you were a girl, maybe you wouldn't want people to know, because you don't want to be bothered. Or if you were old, and didn't want people to know you are getting older.
XD

lokelake
07-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Maybe people don't want their birthdays shown to everyone. Maybe if you had just turned 18 and you were a girl, maybe you wouldn't want people to know, because you don't want to be bothered. Or if you were old, and didn't want people to know you are getting older.
XD

True. I just thought I would bring it up here, becuase I saw it on KinkTalk.

pranadevil
07-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Another forum I'm on we have birthday posts turn up for those whos birthday is that day (only if they're respected members too).

But muffinfairy's way of going about it only really works if you're an attention seeker :p.

I'm not gonna post about it being my birthday, but I have no issues with someone if they were to wish me a happy one, lol.

muffinfairy
07-05-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm not gonna post about it being my birthday

That's because you're old.

Amelie
07-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Don't be mean to old people muffin

CollaredBlondie
07-06-2009, 03:00 AM
I think it'd be a good idea to show birthdays, but if people didn't want their birthdays shown, there could be an option maybe? Isn't there an option to hide your age from the rest of the members (Staff/admin already know I think) once you'e signed up?

BettyBoop
07-06-2009, 09:52 AM
I think it'd be a good idea to show birthdays, but if people didn't want their birthdays shown, there could be an option maybe? Isn't there an option to hide your age from the rest of the members (Staff/admin already know I think) once you'e signed up?
Let's do it, so people can buy me presents.
Then you'll have no excuse :D.

muffinfairy
07-06-2009, 12:32 PM

Sounds like a good reason why not to do it..

rahamn
07-06-2009, 12:53 PM

Careful you may not get what you ask for!!