PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter

The Evil Porlo
06-30-2009, 12:09 PM
I have this great idea that once a week a news letter is sent to everyone saying what updates have been made to getdare, What is going to be done and just news that people of getdare need to know about the site.

Trystaan
06-30-2009, 12:13 PM
a. The updates tend to come in large chunks, instead of smaller regular updates.

b. Depp doesn't have much time on his hands at all. He has already spent countless days on project unification.

Other than that, it could be a good idea. Just not suited to this site.

The Evil Porlo
06-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Maybe not Depp, but someone else just keeps everyone updated and it could be monthly instead.

Trystaan
06-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Still not enough happens, we just had a huuuge update, and there won't be another for quite some time.

glue
06-30-2009, 12:26 PM
i would agree, not enough updates but would still be interested in it :D

BettyBoop
06-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Sounds nice, but remember when pitching ideas like this, it isn't you who has to be writing this annual newsletter.

Eon_Blade
06-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Could be a community driven project, I'd be up for lending a hand :P. Only trouble, like those who have posted before me have said, is finding enough things to put into the newsletter :S. But I guess one done over three months could spawn a lot of topics :D It's certaintly a good idea.

Manbearpig
06-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Dont forget also if it is sent by email, there are all the users that havent been active forever. In theory, it sounds like a great idea, but in reality, it would be hard to implement.

busted
07-13-2009, 05:48 AM
They sort of do this on another website im on. Instead, it's not really a newsletter its more like telling you the big/important things that are happening. Its quite useful because sometimes i completly forget about it get the e-mail and then get addicted to the website again.

Dont forget also if it is sent by email, there are all the users that havent been active forever.

This is why it would be good. To remind all the members who have forgot they even have a account on getdare.

The updates tend to come in large chunks, instead of smaller regular updates.

Only send it out when there is a big upgrade then.

I think it's a good idea :)

DaVance
07-13-2009, 07:53 AM
I think getDare is just like a newsletter itself. You just have to read it. You just have to go to the different sections just like a newspaper. Most of the time there is a thread about the changes, or any problems people are having.

So I think a newsletter would just be a duplication.

Slenderman - Doctor
07-13-2009, 07:55 AM
I think getDare is just like a newsletter itself. You just have to read it. You just have to go to the different sections just like a newspaper. Most of the time there is a thread about the changes, or any problems people are having.

So I think a newsletter would just be a duplication.

This.

I think the whole "getDare.com" section is a sort-of newsletter :)

nate2010
07-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Dont forget also if it is sent by email, there are all the users that havent been active forever.

This is why it would be good. To remind all the members who have forgot they even have a account on getdare.

The thing is is that some of the people who haven't been active in forever have left the site because they were done with it and don't want anything to do with it now. If we were to start a newsletter they would be getting emails from here, a site they are done with.

And I'm in agreement with DaVance and Koq about the site its self is the newsletter. If people really want to know what is going on with the site, they will check whats going on on the site.