PDA

View Full Version : RAP

chain
07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
who here (who despises rap) truly hates it casue of how dirty it is. Note: this is comin from a person who likes rap but C'mon everyone says they hate it casue of how dirty it is. who truly despises how dirty it is everyone like it. Am i right?

lestat221
07-13-2005, 07:02 PM
I hate rap music because of the lack of talent the people have who make it. All it is is a bass beat. No guitar work, intelligent lyrics, kick-ass guitar, etc. etc.

And yes, all it is is butt-fuck music, and that gets old. But that's today's rap. Even though I still cringe at it, old-school rap had at least some dignity in it. If the old-school rappers could meet the new school rappers, they would kick their asses all up and down the east side, west side, whatever the fuck side they happen to be on. This ancient rivalry in itself is but a modern version of the Hatfields and the McCoy's or the Montague's and the Capulet's (I bet at least 50% of those rappers don't know SHIT about the Montague's and the Capulets), senseless fighting over nothing.

Ok, I'm done...

userben
07-13-2005, 08:24 PM
OLD SCHOOL RAP OK, but i like rock/metal

depp
07-15-2005, 09:22 PM
I think *some* rap is good. It really depends though for me.

chain
07-15-2005, 09:28 PM
i a rap fan but some rap is annoyin i can stand most but some r just annoyin

§corpion
07-17-2005, 11:53 AM
I truly despise rap. I think it has terrible language for no reason. There is so much vulgar. It seems in rap, whenever there is a chance to use vulgar, they take it.

Sum1
07-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Whilst most, i.e mainstreem rap is purley appaling, there's some that is good, with clever lyrics and clear signs of musical talent, i would point you to Aesop Rock, Dose One, Illogic.

chain
07-17-2005, 08:39 PM
simple there r many different types of rap (dirty south, hardcore rap, underground rap, east coast rap, west coast rap...etc.) and most r good i can't stand such rappers as webbie but tat pretty much the only bad rapper. the explitives r just expressin themselves no prob wit tat

tripper
07-22-2005, 03:47 PM
I hate rap music because of the lack of talent the people have who make it. All it is is a bass beat. No guitar work, intelligent lyrics, kick-ass guitar, etc. etc.

And yes, all it is is butt-fuck music, and that gets old. But that's today's rap. Even though I still cringe at it, old-school rap had at least some dignity in it. If the old-school rappers could meet the new school rappers, they would kick their asses all up and down the east side, west side, whatever the fuck side they happen to be on. This ancient rivalry in itself is but a modern version of the Hatfields and the McCoy's or the Montague's and the Capulet's (I bet at least 50% of those rappers don't know SHIT about the Montague's and the Capulets), senseless fighting over nothing.

Ok, I'm done...
same for me :lol:

hey, what's happenin, im nate

Sum1
07-22-2005, 04:34 PM
woudn't this be more approprate in the lobby?

depp
07-22-2005, 05:21 PM
How did I miss that? :-)

>>moved!

chain
07-22-2005, 06:27 PM
sorry i never saw ur respnce lestat

I can say tat it requires more talent than rock

ROCK DOES NOT HAVE CLEVER LYRICS THAT RHYME

rap is catchy and has a great beat unlike rock

userben
07-22-2005, 11:23 PM
ONE WORD [u]METALLICA[u] :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

tripper
07-23-2005, 12:29 AM
sorry i never saw ur respnce lestat

I can say tat it requires more talent than rock

ROCK DOES NOT HAVE CLEVER LYRICS THAT RHYME

rap is catchy and has a great beat unlike rock
rap has in no way more talent than rock.

It's not hard to write a rhyme with lyrics have little or no intelligence. The beat in most rap is usually pretty repetitive and non-origional, and even when it is something catchy and out of the ordinary, it's very electronic and computer generated. A lot of rappers dont even write their own songs these days, or if they do, they need someone to make the beat for them. Rap doesnt even have harmonics, how can call someone talented if they don't even know anything about music?

Rock has carefully thought up lyrics. The songwriter has to look at it as a whole picture, seeing all of the different parts so that the music all fits together.

rap has a catchy beat, so what? Rap has rhyming lyrics, who cares? Most people listen to one song nonstop and then get sick of it. If it was actually a "good song" in the first place, then no matter how many times you listen to it, you'd never get sick of it.

I dont hate rap, I like some of the older stuff. But then again, I also don't listen to a lot of modern rock bands because in my opinion talent in music has gone down the drain in the last decade lol.

depp
07-23-2005, 10:48 PM
I really want to be flame bait and start a holy war but I keep realising I am the admin. :-D
I hear trolling your own forums is frowned on. :-) Doh!

Muffinz
07-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Aww c'mon Depp, we would love to hear it. I'm a big fan of holy wars you know. Admin, schmadmin. :D

chain
07-24-2005, 08:24 AM
pleaz talk i think tat some topic need trollin

pimpindude
07-24-2005, 11:22 AM
who here (who despises rap) truly hates it casue of how dirty it is. Note: this is comin from a person who likes rap but C'mon everyone says they hate it casue of how dirty it is. who truly despises how dirty it is everyone like it. Am i right?well theres like 2 good rap bands public enemy and beastie boys cause beastie boys are inventive and public enemy is for the thinking man

Sum1
07-24-2005, 03:36 PM
anyone listen to 13 and god, what do you think?

dareboy
09-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Ive neva herd of those bands but one that i got into recently is Kasibian

Sum1
09-25-2005, 06:23 AM
Kasabian, is indie, isn't it? (unless thinking of a band with the same/simular name)

dareboy
09-25-2005, 04:52 PM
no i think ther european like irish?

paintballman9186
07-26-2006, 07:36 AM
i usually hate rap every once and a while i like a song or two

Glutgod
09-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Don't like rap...

Suki
08-07-2007, 03:07 PM
i hate rap music