PDA

View Full Version : Waterboarding?

StringTheoryReality
06-20-2009, 08:09 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here has ever considered using waterboarding as a punishment. I'm not saying it's right or anything, I'm just asking.
Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2wZ5A2zRA the waterboarding part starts at about 2:20 in the vid. Just wondering....

Do Anything Girl
06-20-2009, 08:17 PM
That would be a good idea only IF the person doing it knew what they were doing. Otherwise, it could prove to be fatal.

tboner
06-20-2009, 10:31 PM
I wasnt sure what that was until i saw your video.. i strongly disagree with using that as a punishment. Thats not a punishment, that is full on torture. i have a fear of suffocation and that video is horrible. Please dont use this as people can DIE

Anjelen
06-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Waterboarding is torture, famously used in such places as Guantanamo Bay and with a tradition going back easilly as far as the world war two - where it was employed to great effect by the nazi regime in their efforts to stomp out the various rebellions.

I can't condone turning torture into a game, either.

Bad form, dude. Bad form - not to mention potentially LETHAL unless and even if performed by a 'professional'.

Are you one? No? Then don't.

khasom
06-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Even done by a professional it can still leave permanent damage to your brain because of lack of oxygen.

So no, I wouldn't consider it to be done to me.

Phoenix_blaze
06-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Sorry, but this just sounds completely dangerous DX

depp
06-22-2009, 05:02 PM
I hate to shit on your thread but I think this sort of torture is a little extreme. It also requires some training in how to properly execute it.