PDA

View Full Version : Under 18 section!!!!

tordboy
06-20-2009, 09:49 AM
I think there should be a under 18 section where only under 18s could see and post. This is because i am 14 and I find it hard to find other people around my age on get dare although there are lots out there. Also it would stop people lying about being over age so they can see the 18+ section because they would want to see the under 18 section.And as you can see from the list of people banned from saying the wrong age you can see that the mods and staff are good at making sure that that people dont lie about there age. I think it would be a great idea. What do you think? :D

LittleRayRay
06-20-2009, 10:16 AM
I had an Idea like this, so naturaly I am in love with it XD
(warning...I may be weird)

But, im 13. I have about 5 years for that :)

zyxwxyz
06-20-2009, 10:20 AM
That could be a good idea. [=

Lolly
06-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Topic has been made before if you haven't noticed.
Think of all the people that will make a fake account that is underage just to get in and look at the post.
Not a very bright idea.

Person
06-20-2009, 11:38 AM
It would be a good idea. And Lolly, there would still be under 18 people in it.

BettyBoop
06-20-2009, 01:21 PM
This has already been discussed, or the weird paedophile people will flock the the under 18 section. Making fake accounts and finding those that seem gullible. Someone could get into some trouble. There will most definitely be those making fake accounts and lying about age, maybe more so than already.

Amelie
06-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Tbh the vast majority of the site is an under 18 section. most people here are 18-13 I would say.

Person
06-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Yeah, but there are still a bunch of people who are over 18.

BettyBoop
06-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Yeah, but there are still a bunch of people who are over 18.
This idea will just attract those looking for under eighteens, they wont even have to try hard. It isn't that hard to check profiles or sigs if it keeps those younger members, who don't realise the dangers of the internet.

tordboy
06-21-2009, 09:21 AM
You might want to see this. You will see that most people are actually 35-49
http://www.quantcast.com/getdare.com

If you look at the list of people who have been banned you will see a lot are because lying about there age. This must show that the mod's are good at catching people lying about there age.

I know the next argument will be great more work for the mods. But the are lots of people on get dare who i am sure would be more than happy to be a mod. Or you could get 2 under 18's who are regulars to get dare to moderate it if they want to.

Glad to see some people like my idea even if not all

ZombieLincoln
06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Most of the dares here are already so sexual that i think anyone under the age of 18 should be banned.

LilAngel
06-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Most of the dares here are already so sexual that i think anyone under the age of 18 should be banned.

Umm... okay. This is getting so old, and has been discussed many many times. :rolleyes:

This site was originally designed for teens/ young adults to play truth or dare. The fact that dares have become sexual, is purely because most non-sexual dares have already been mentioned, and truth or dare is a game designed to make people go out of their comfort-zone. I.e: sexual/ nudity dares.

Older members are trying to push their limits, and younger ones are more riskier nowadays.

A site for hardcore and fetish has been made, by the same people/ person that runs this site, for 18+.

Edit: I just realised I went off topic a bit. :p Under 18 area is a bad idea. :)

youngdaremaaster
06-22-2009, 05:49 AM
i agree with lilangel, in the fact it will attract more over 18's looking for a younger person to perve on. last year when i was 16 some 52 year old asked me if i wanted to get naked on cam :confused: i have wondered for a long time why under 18's havnt had a thread like this before, and i am glad its got such a good following, and i will be posting here more often

lokelake
06-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Or the room could have a pass word to enter and the pass word can only be given to the ones who are under 18.

Manbearpig
06-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Didn't we already have a discussion like this?

youngdaremaaster
06-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Or the room could have a pass word to enter and the pass word can only be given to the ones who are under 18.

yer but how easy would it be for some 52 year old to say he was 16 and get in?

ConorBL2
06-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm also fourteen, and I think it would be hugely beneficial to me. I don't usually sign-up to sites like this, because, usually, there isn't anyone my age - or they don't admit to be my age. That is the reason I actually signed up.

I think you should try it out; or, at least, create a thread where younger people could post. I would be interested in exchanging phone numbers with a few young people, and taking it from there.

depp
06-22-2009, 03:40 PM
You might want to see this. You will see that most people are actually 35-49
http://www.quantcast.com/getdare.com

These types of sites are all garbage. This is the same thing as getting your information from a psychic or palm-reader. The only person who has accurate stats on getDare is myself. These sorts of numbers are pure speculation.

getDare is a site for all ages concentrating on textual content. I will do everything I can to keep it leaning that way.

lokelake
06-22-2009, 04:37 PM
getDare is a site for all ages concentrating on textual content. I will do everything I can to keep it leaning that way.

If it is for all ages, then why can't under 13 year olds join

depp
06-22-2009, 05:03 PM
If it is for all ages, then why can't under 13 year olds join

US law prevents collection of data from users under 13 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COPPA). You can do it with parental permission but it is pain in the ass.

lokelake
06-22-2009, 05:04 PM
US law prevents collection of data from users under 13 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COPPA). You can do it with parental permission but it is pain in the ass.

Aw, I see. I will also check out that link.

nate2010
06-22-2009, 06:48 PM
I think you should try it out; or, at least, create a thread where younger people could post. I would be interested in exchanging phone numbers with a few young people, and taking it from there.

It is not really smart to give out your phone number online. If it was only a thread for younger people to post, then anyone could see it and you could get people of all ages trying to call you. And if it was a board only people under 18 can see, you still will have that creepy 50 year old dude that lies about his age to get into the board, and he will have all these phone numbers of underage kids he could call.

US law prevents collection of data from users under 13. You can do it with parental permission but it is pain in the ass.

And this isn't the kind of site you are going to go tell your parents about, so getting the parental permission would never happen.

Coyote
06-22-2009, 06:57 PM
This isn't myspace or something like that. This is. A truth or date ect site. I don't see a beneficial reason to having a under 18 only section

ConorBL2
06-22-2009, 07:22 PM
It is not really smart to give out your phone number online. If it was only a thread for younger people to post, then anyone could see it and you could get people of all ages trying to call you. And if it was a board only people under 18 can see, you still will have that creepy 50 year old dude that lies about his age to get into the board, and he will have all these phone numbers of underage kids he could call.

I know it's not smart, but what's the worst thing that could happen? Oh, I wouldn't be posting it publicly, I'd do it through PM's, and that would only be when I've gotten to know a person well enough.

Coyote
06-22-2009, 07:24 PM
I know it's not smart, but what's the worst thing that could happen? Oh, I wouldn't be posting it publicly, I'd do it through PM's, and that would only be when I've gotten to know a person well enough.

PEOPLE LIE!!! It is that simple

ConorBL2
06-22-2009, 07:27 PM
PEOPLE LIE!!! It is that simple

I'd say I'd be able to tell if they're lying or not -- I have good instincts, they have haven't let me down, thus far.

Coyote
06-22-2009, 07:33 PM
you cant always go on instincts. Some pedofiles so this as their life and become very good at their "jobs". They can trick little kids into thinking that they are their age. Didnt you ever have a internet safety course in school?

ConorBL2
06-22-2009, 07:57 PM
you cant always go on instincts. Some pedofiles so this as their life and become very good at their "jobs". They can trick little kids into thinking that they are their age. Didnt you ever have a internet safety course in school?

Nope, never. What harm could it come to though? It's not like I'm going to do anything stupid...

Coyote
06-22-2009, 08:01 PM
I give up........

LilAngel
06-22-2009, 10:09 PM
This isn't myspace or something like that. This is. A truth or date ect site. I don't see a beneficial reason to having a under 18 only section

Nope, never. What harm could it come to though? It's not like I'm going to do anything stupid...

Yes, you aren't going to do anything stupid, but other people would. :) As a community, everyone needs to try and make sure everyone else is safe. No matter how much internet safety crap lectures there are out there, there will always be teens who want to push it.

I give up........

Lol.

nate2010
06-23-2009, 02:07 AM
The thing is is with a phone number someone can use that to find where you live, so harm could come from a pedophile getting your phone number.

muffinfairy
06-23-2009, 02:59 AM
Can't we say ~ NO ~ and just close the thread?

Its been explained why we won't, depp has said no. There's nothing else to say about it?
and it keeps coming up on my unread list and is annoying me :P

Pingu
06-23-2009, 04:18 AM
Fair point fairy of muffins.