depp
06-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Mary Jane? ;)

bondfan
06-19-2007, 07:15 PM
depp ftw, nice one^^

Powerstrip
06-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Recently saw Spiderman 3. What a dissapointment. THe first and second films were awesome but then they go and screw it up, *sigh* when will Hollywood learn! :rolleyes:

Big_Joe
06-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Recently saw Spiderman 3. What a dissapointment. THe first and second films were awesome but then they go and screw it up, *sigh* when will Hollywood learn! :rolleyes:

Hey i went to see this and i thought it was much better than the other 2.

bondfan
06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
As with (nearly?) all comic book movies: If you know the comic, they really suck;)
X1-3 is the only exception cause of wolverine. There never can be enough of wolverine. Nuff said.

Powerstrip
06-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I never read the comics so can't compare. I think that the big problem with 3 was the bits where he acted emo. I'll admit other parts were good, but not the best of the three lets put it that way.

Tony12
06-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Hmm I'd say third was best!
I thought the second was a dissapointment...
Didn't like the second one very much to be honest with you!

depp
06-20-2007, 02:27 PM
I love how my single immature post (of two words) derailed the entire thread. :)

xatm092
06-20-2007, 03:39 PM
To be honest I think it railed it.

If it wasn't for that it would have been blanked or flamed off the tracks. :p

I think that the big problem with 3 was the bits where he acted emo.

WTF??? That was the best bit by far!! When he was acting like an utter idiot in the street and then the dance... BEST SPIDEY EVER!!!

And I know this is long... but I did a review on Spiderman 3:

Went to see Spiderman 3 on Sunday, and I can say on the whole it was a good film. Not brilliant, and a little too long, but good.

But I do have a few nits to pick with it.

Firstly, what the hell was up with the sand man, that made no physical possible sense whatsoever. Spiderman has always been farfetched, but they usually manage to provide at least some sort of scientific explanation for their superheroes.

If you haven't seen the film yet, let me fill you in. This convict on the run, who believes that it's okay to carry around loaded guns and steal money as long as "it's for a good cause" (i.e. paying a shitload of money for this operation on his daughter whose mother looks like she's just been on every single drug known to man, and a few known to Martians), this guy is running away from the police and falls in a pit with three big metal poles surrounding him.

At this point, he looks at them, and then they start to very slowly rotate around him. Now any normal person would be thinking "Holy crap I better get out of here." But no, he waits until they are at maximum velocity, and THEN tries to barge through them, and ends up flat on his arse.

Now, here is the intersting bit. He gets totally disingtegrated. Totally. Every single body cell turned into silicon. Including his brain cells. So, once that is all over, the silicon on the ground starts moving, and slowly his body forms.

Right, so now these disintegrated brain cells are controlling from beyond the dead this mass of silicon, making it into a human form. Now not only does he do this, but also, once he has mastered it, suddenly he stops being made of sand, as the silicon changes colour to make him look like he originally did.

Now seriously, WTF???

Now not only is he a really unbelievable bad guy, he's also really crap. This man has the power of Magneto, but he controls sand. He's basically a more invincible version of Gaara. He can move it wherever he wants at whatever speed he wants. So where is the bullet shaped block of sand going through his enemies' hearts?

Oh no, he just gets a lot of sand, and goes about whacking people. Very very slowly. That guy annoyed me such a lot. Oh and also his weakness? Water.

Yeah, that's right, I said water. Water touches his sand, and all of a sudden it's wet sand. Seriously, it's like the Knights that say "Nii", with "Oh no, it's one of the words the Knights who say 'Nii' cannot hear!", except it's supposed to be taken seriously. "Oh no! My silicon molecules are now in a non-dissolved solution with harmless H20! How did you find my only weakness!"

Seriously, get out, Sandman, get out.

Secondly, and I sincerely hope this and the next complaint aren't as long, Mary Jane. So Peter's all ready to propose, they're having lots of good times together, then what does she go and do? Get uspet at being a failure or a whore or some crap singer I wasn't really paying attention.

Yeah so she decides to take it all out on her boyfriend. Who does the whole "Oh don't worry everything will be fine." So what does she do? The whole nine yards. The "I'm a stroppy bitch you don't love me I'm a failure and you don't understand me". SERSIOULY GET A LIFE.

And then, she goes off with Harry, who has luckily lost his memory and doesn't want to rip Spidey or his girlfriend's throat out, and kisses him, and then rejects him, helpfully releasing all the sealed up memories, and making him evil again. What a great gal.

And whenever she gets kidnapped (which is quite a lot because Spidey is a complete idiot who doesn't know how to hide who he is going out with), all she can do is look helpless and scream.

In the final battle scene, where she is trapped in the taxi in all the black web, one would think she would have the sense to GET OUT OF THE FALLING TAXI and OUT OF THE PATH OF THE FALLING DEATH CRATES and onto a comfy bit of web to watch to fight.

But no, she opts for the "attempt to reach 200 decibels" option. She screams, and screams, and does her absolute best to distract Spidey from defeating the bad guy, and once again save her from falling to her death.

I mean, I bet sometimes he thinks "Okay that's it I'm not helping you this time I'm BUSY" before reluctantly going to her aid. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM

"YOU DO KNOW I HAVE SUPER SENSITIVE EARS YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY AND BREAK THEM"

Thridly, and lastly, is the black spidey. He was sooo cool. He went around acting like a total jackass to everyone, with a badass suit, emo hair and ninja butt kicking action. And then he decides to listen to some noobish "morals" from his little nan (who by the way does nothing but give wise words of wisdom which if you look back at what she says throughout the film it's so blatant she knows he's Spiderman).

So yeah he gets rid of the black symbiote. They could have gone "And emo-spidey stays badass and kicks the hell out of all the bad guys" but no, do you know what they do? He decides to go for his original suit, and then goes and get his butt raped by Venom (who, by the way, has a single weakness... no wait you'll never guess it... sound. Yeah that's right. If the air vibrates at the same wavelength for long enough, at quite high frequency, the alien symbiote doesn't like it one bit. In fact even without ears, it goes crazy and so all Spidey has to do to beat his biggest and most famous nemesis in the comic and cartoons is bang two poles together, cute, huh?) so yeah he gets his butt raped by Venom and Sandman (anybody notice the water tower in the background? No? Just me? Oh okay then) and has to be rescued by Harry, on his jumped up skateboard and pumpkin grenades. Humiliating or what?

But by all means, watch this film, so that you can walk out halfway through, and assume that the good ending happens, Spidey goes bad-ass, the bad guys kick the bullet (Spidey keeps a bucket of water on him rofl) and that bitchy girl gets kicked out on the street.

Good day to you!

Powerstrip
06-20-2007, 04:07 PM
LOL! No time now, but I'll talk about this later, nice review :D