PDA

View Full Version : What A Good Ad Is Made Of

Jenna<3
06-07-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm tired of seeing no information, so hopefully somebody will actually read this. I know there has already been one posted, but I wanted to make one a little bit more specific in detail for the serious people of the world.

1. Info about the person posting the add
-Name
-Email/IM that you would be like to be contacted (Or say to PM you on here)
-Likes/Dislikes/Limits
-Are you a slave? Or a Master/Mistress?

2. What you are looking for in a Master/Mistress/Slave
-Is Webcam required, a plus, or not needed?
-Offline or online relationship?
-How willing must they be to commit?
-What kind of likes should they have?
-What are you planning to do with them?
-Do you want to treat them like an animal/be treated like one?
-Does time zone matter?
-Do they have to have previous experience? Or are you accepting beginners?
-Are you planning on really meeting with the person?
-Should they have good grammar?
-Is there a specific IM program they must use?
-Do you want them to sign a contract?
-Is there a checklist (Like Chloe's Kink Talk Checklist (http://www.kinktalk.com/talk/showthread.php?t=542)) that you want them to fill out to see things they like, dislike, and limit, that they didn't list?

3. Slave Specific
-What toys do you have to play with?
-Are you willing to go on webcam?
-Do you have a digital camera to take pictures with?
-Do you want it to be a long relationship or just a few nights?
-Are you looking for just a play master or a serious relationship?
-How much time can you commit to being a slave?
-Can you do offline tasks as well?
-Are you willing to have your Master/Mistress completely control EVERYTHING that you do?

4. Master/Mistress Specific
-What EXACTLY do you plan to do with your slave?
-Is there a certain age criteria?
-Does it have to be a male, female, or does it not matter?
-Is a webcam required of them? What about a digital camera?
-Do you want your slave to have a blog?
-Should your slave have daily tasks? What are some of the ones you might have them do?
-Are you going to be in control of absolutely everything that your slave does? Eating, drinking, using the restroom, ect?

Critic is welcome. End of post.

Note: * before the - means it was edited in.

Rune
06-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Very nice work. Lets hope someone out there pays some attention to this. This could also be a good guide when you reply to an ad as well, because the replies are just as bad as the ads most of the time.

Jenna<3
06-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks. Ooh, I didn't think about using it for replies too. By you are right, they usually are just as crappy.

Fiendish
06-07-2009, 09:18 PM
yeah, this is good. But I've found all the really good informational posts(like this one), tend to get ignored by the majority of the members here. They get read, and ignored.

Good job though.

depp
06-07-2009, 09:37 PM
yeah, this is good. But I've found all the really good informational posts(like this one), tend to get ignored by the majority of the members here. They get read, and ignored.

Good job though.

It may seem that way but you would not believe the stats on the PM system. There is a LOT of PM traffic on getDare. Just because you don't see many public replies does not mean that these posts are not getting a lot of responses. I can't say for sure if these posts are generating PM traffic but I would assume they are. A good post puts you in a better position than a shitty one anyways.

Fiendish
06-07-2009, 09:40 PM
I mean in terms of quality ads and intros... I've tried before, it was part of some of my Fiend's Eye stuff, and those have generated lots of replies... not many good ads. Hopefully this one will be different and actually have some effect, but... my experience tells me it won't.

Coyote
06-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I think that this should be stickied in the slave master section

Fiendish
06-07-2009, 09:43 PM
I'll second that one... this is the kind of thing that should be read by all posting ads.

LilAngel
06-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I think this should be added to THIS. (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=22916)

Since Smile's got something quite similar there as well. :D

Jenna<3
06-08-2009, 09:53 AM
I think this should be added to THIS. (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=22916)

Since Smile's got something quite similar there as well. :D
Yeah, I saw Smile's thing, this was mostly an add-on to that, if that makes sense

And, Feindish, I figure it will probably get ignored by the people who won't read it, but it was still worth a shot.

BettyBoop
06-08-2009, 10:09 AM
THANK YOU.
This is absolutely brilliant, yes, sticky this or just past it right in the Slave and Master section like a pop-up.
I'm so sick and tired of the annoying rubbishy M/s ads, and then they complain there are no female slaves and/or mistresses, NO your ad just sucks.
Sorry for the aggression but this is the perfect thread, best I've seen in a long time.
There is no absolutely no excuse to right a terrible ad, when you have these guidelines.

Pingu
06-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Good thread. Pity that for some male doms, no matter how good the ads are, you won't get many replies!

Jenna<3
06-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Okay. I think this might have helped. I just hit three good brand new adds in a row, one of which going along with the outline of this exact thing. Maybe it should be stickied.

sunnystreet88
06-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Good thread I think! :)

Person
06-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Good job, this is very useful. So to all you people who just put like: "Looking for master" in their add, read this..

CollaredBlondie
07-08-2009, 03:30 AM
Just so you know, I'm pimping this thread like crazy XD

Jenna<3
07-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Just so you know, I'm pimping this thread like crazy XD

yeah, I saw, and in glad. I don't have enoug time to look at all the ads, lol.

CollaredBlondie
07-09-2009, 03:32 AM
yeah, I saw, and in glad. I don't have enoug time to look at all the ads, lol.

I like to read al the ads to see if they're getting better. If not is linky time!

Ch3rry B0mb
05-14-2010, 08:11 AM
This was definitely helpful in creating my advertisement. Thank you.
<3

Atomic
05-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I think SoftWhiteSlip
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=47347 made an excellent posting.

Star Shadows
06-02-2010, 10:26 AM
I like to read al the ads to see if they're getting better. If not is linky time!

I agree totally though some time I just wish to bang my head against a brick wall. Still I can't count how many times I have linked to this thread. Hopefully one day people will start to listen, or even better... won.t have to be told.

Ch3rry B0mb
06-04-2010, 12:42 PM
You would think that if the ad is well-written, then the response would be, as well. Unfortunately, this is not the case. ;_;

DUNEM
08-20-2010, 03:40 AM
thanks for your suggestions.

Funky_MD
11-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Yeah good thread! Saw it after I placed my ad... so hope Ive adhered!! :confused: :D

Dawotch
12-05-2010, 03:23 PM
This is a great post, and even though I haven't even posted yet, it's good to see someone giving out pointers on ad posting.

bigt121
12-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi Jenna

Love your post.. I would very much like to get to know you more on msn...I'm sure I can fulfil many of the things you are looking for!

[email protected]

xx

BeautifullyBroken
12-28-2010, 10:00 PM
this helped alot with my ad. Realized that my ad was lacking alot. :) Thank you.

MasterDavidGoodmen
01-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Finally!
In all My years, this is the first UNDERSTANDABLE information list I have seen!!

Munch Bunch
02-26-2011, 03:32 PM
:D excellent sticky

helpful

Slave_E
05-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah, very helpful...

Jockstrap
12-15-2014, 08:38 PM
This is a great list for those looking to create an ad!

sexyjack96
02-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Thank you for this. The amount of ad's that don't have enough detail in them was really starting to annoy me.

JuneMistress
04-26-2015, 07:02 AM
Wish there was a way to make this post not only required material, but have members tested on it before being allowed to message :p

Happy Me
04-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Wish there was a way to make this post not only required material, but have members tested on it before being allowed to message :p

ME TOO! :D I want to administer the test!

jajammk
07-01-2015, 01:56 AM
i m about to make an ad ...this would really help me thank you.

unaidedfriend93
08-17-2016, 10:42 AM
Hey everyone, I wasnt sure where to put this so I put it here, I would like to know if my ad has been improved or not

1st try: I am a 18 year old english guy seachering for a female slav, any location between the ages of 18 and 35 who will allow me to use them at my plesure, I do not ask for pics straight away except as proof you are real as i would like to build trust between us first, however any pics i get would not be put online without your permission, I will respect boundries and limits of the slave in question. I am a kind and nice guy but will be firm and agressive whenever nessesary. If you require further information about me or what i intend to do with you just ask, but for a quick summary, i would prefer to keep it online intill we build trust, I would plan your day for you and expect you to keep to it, if you have a job, there would be certain rules for you to do there (which would not make you lose your job), I will eventually require you to send pictures and videos of you following commands. I do enjoy giving out punishment but only because it helps the slave learn for their mistakes.

I prefer to talk on kik, message me if interested in being my slave or submissive( PM or KIK).
If you can't talk on kik, pm me and i will send you my skype or email.

kik: unaidedfriend93

p.s: If you have any thoughts on how I can improve my ad please let me know

2nd try: My names James, I'm an 18 year old english dom living in the south of france.
I'm looking for a female slave in any time zone between the ages of 18 and 45 that enjoys being submissive (allthough i do like a woman with sass), will send pics and videos (after we have mutuel trust) and possibly webcam, the length or our relatonship will depend entirlly on how well we get on.
I am not bothered about previous experiance as being my slave will be an entirlly new experiance for you. I enjoy making my slave do menial and sometimes random things for no apparent reason. I have always used a safeword with my slaves and I never ask you to do something in your limits.
I wish to start our relatonship online but would like to take it offline if we both agree and there is mutuel trust). I mainly prefer 24/7 slaves but would be willing to negociate, I will not stop you from seing friends and familly as i believe that everyone should have them, I will give out weekly dares for the slave to complete at their lesuire within the timeframe. For slaves with jobs, you would be required to follow certain rules whilst there.
My likes:
Sexualized: Bondage, BDSM, roleplay, anal, boobs, female submission, humiliation, total control, public
Non-sexual: reading, relaxing, sports, gaming, baking( I'm a baker), racing
My dislikes:
Suxual: scat, bloodplay, choking,
Non sexual: brocolli, snails, fat people in lycra

please tell me if i've improved it

Carol_Serenade
10-24-2016, 08:39 PM
This group still up?