PDA

View Full Version : Trial Period

Komodo Jones
06-06-2009, 09:47 PM
This is mainly directed towards masters and mistresses, but sometimes I hear a lot of people saying their slave relationship isn't working out right, or I'm having trouble finding a good one etc. This is something I tried with my slave and basically what it is, is what it says in the title...a trial period. I put my slave through a one week trial period before I made her my official slave to see if she would obey and match up to my expectations. I was just wondering what do all of you think aobut this idea?

LilAngel
06-07-2009, 12:47 AM
I think its a great idea. Another method I know, that's common is the 'stage' method.

1. Day. (Under 5 hours)
2. Overnight. (Under 5 hours, overnight, and Under 5 hours)
3. Weekend. (2 days, 2 nights)
4. Initiation. (A week)
5. Trial/ Training Period. (1-3 months)

After initiation, most masters/ mistresses prefer to have a contract, regarding the entire trial period. A safe word should almost always be used during this period, and any sessions beforehand. Anything before the contract should be separated by at LEAST a week, and even the 'day' should be well discussed.

This is a fool-proof method, in my opinion, as the slave is less likely to feel that 'it isn't working out right'.

Rune
06-07-2009, 02:13 AM
A Trial Period should be all about building the trust between Master and slave, and for you both to get use to the idea of the relationship and their role in it. Plus the role of the other person.

So in the first few days of the trial, the slave would call the other Person Master and get use to that while they get to know each other more, but that's it. Then after a few days of that, the Master would give out a simple task for the slave to do. Then over time the tasks would build until the level of the M/s relationship has been reached and both are ready to make it official.

BettyBoop
06-07-2009, 10:46 AM
I think it's a fantastic idea. Great way for both involved to see if they fit with that particular Mistress/Master/Slave. Learning what type of tasks would be set, to note ground rules and such before going into a serious relationship.Getting used to the idea of the relationship and to become comfortable with that person and getting to kvow how they think.
In short it's a brilliant method.

fork
06-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Trial period is the only way to go.. I don't know how you could NOT have a trial period (whether you call it that or not). I also think that during any kind of trial period, the slave shouldn't be allowed to call the dom "Master" or anything like that because then it's more of a "collaring" once the trial is over :) I think it just makes a bigger impact.

Komodo Jones
06-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I have to agree with you there Where's Fluffy. During my slave's trial period she really wanted to call me master and she asked if she could but I wouldn't let her. I only had her call me Komodo during her trial week. As soon as she passed though I told her that she is to call me master unless I state otherwise. She really likes to use my real name and she's very happy when I let her use it.
Along with Bella, it is important to start a trial period especially if either you or your slave is just starting in a relationship like this. This has been my first experience as a top and her first experience as a sub so she didn't really know a lot of her limits or preferences. So the trial period kind of helped us. I clearly stated some things that I expected my slave to do in the personal and throughout the week I introduced to her some new things just to try and establish some limits she has and some preferences she has. Throughout our two and a half month relationship I think she's only had like only five or six limits and most of them are things I would never have a slave do like draw blood, or do something illegal, common knowledge stuff.
I know to some people a trial period before making someone your slave may sound silly but I found that it really helped my relationship, and learn how to treat my slave.

BettyBoop
06-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Yes, it seems it should always be done before venturing into a M/s relationship. Because you could go into one, after agreeing with the 'contract' and then realise this person isn't for you. It's best to have a simple trial period before making decisions, it's easier and a smarter way to go about things.

Merlin
06-07-2009, 04:42 PM
The idea in itself is not wrong ... but I also don't see the point in it ... I cant tell how long it will take to know someone and you should talk and get to know your slave all the time (even after years)...and if you feel like it is not working out end it, trial or not...
As I said the idea is in no way wrong but also not not really needed if you realise that after 1 week (or even 2 months) you wont know someone...

(oh and moved to the S/M lounge)

Jenna<3
06-07-2009, 05:58 PM
I think it's necessary to have one. The trial period to me gives you a chance to actually be human to human, and have a friend relationship, before you go down and dirty into M/s. I find that that's one of the biggest times a relationship is built, because that trial period is the foundation of the relationship.

lokelake
07-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Great idea to me. At least with the trial period, both of you can see if this will work out between the two of you. To make sure it just won't be a waste of time between either of you.