PDA

View Full Version : Voice-over in Chat?

lokelake
06-03-2009, 02:57 PM
I been browsing the internet over the past several months, and I have been noticing a lot of voice over stuff for the internet and things. You know, people talking using their voices.

So, I guess my suggestion will be, maybe have that for the getdare chat? Is that possible? Any opinions about this?

Coyote
06-03-2009, 03:06 PM
this would probably be too confusing with people trying to talk over eachother and whatnot. Possibly in the private chats this may work?

erick92
06-07-2009, 01:46 PM
This would work well with Ventrilo. You could have different rooms and stuff. But this could get dangerous because S/M could happen with no possible way of logging what is happening.

lokelake
06-07-2009, 01:53 PM
This would work well with Ventrilo. You could have different rooms and stuff. But this could get dangerous because S/M could happen with no possible way of logging what is happening.

Maybe there could be no s/m in the getdare chat happening. Or have an option to turn the voice chat thing on or off.

BettyBoop
06-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Maybe there could be no s/m in the getdare chat happening. Or have an option to turn the voice chat thing on or off.
Loke, it would still happen.
I do also see the problem that if some old guy was trying to get a young girl to be his slave they could talk without it being monitored. OR the mods could monitor everything which I suppose would be a bit annoying.

lokelake
06-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Loke, it would still happen.
I do also see the problem that if some old guy was trying to get a young girl to be his slave they could talk without it being monitored. OR the mods could monitor everything which I suppose would be a bit annoying.

I know, it is a bit harsh, but, one mention of a slave or master, than that user gets banned on the spot. If a mod is not in the chat, than a user can report it. Told you it is a bit harsh.

BettyBoop
06-07-2009, 02:07 PM
I know, it is a bit harsh, but, one mention of a slave or master, than that user gets banned on the spot. If a mod is not in the chat, than a user can report it. Told you it is a bit harsh.
This is a M/s and TorD site, someone CANNOT get banned instantly for talking aboutM/s unless the were doing so with an underage user then yes. And also, maybe the mods don't want to sit around listening to every conversation everyone is having.

erick92
06-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah having voice-chat is a good idea, just it wouldn't work out with the user base we have here. It would just be too dangerous. Maybe some day Kink Talk can get a feature like that since it's all 18+ (Unless people lie.).

CodtsQ
06-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't think it's a good idea because some people, me included, don't have microphones on their computers/laptops. Otherwise, it's a good idea.

lokelake
06-07-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't think it's a good idea because some people, me included, don't have microphones on their computers/laptops. Otherwise, it's a good idea.

You need a mictophone for this? Huh, didn't know that.

Knots101
06-07-2009, 02:51 PM
if you really wanted to you could go to sites that host a webcam stream and a voice stream. Like mebeam or stickam. Also you could get a yahoo acount and invite a bunch of people to a group voice chat.

--Tavis

BettyBoop
06-07-2009, 02:55 PM
You need a mictophone for this? Huh, didn't know that.

How did you think it worked? Really..

lokelake
06-07-2009, 02:55 PM
if you really wanted to you could go to sites that host a webcam stream and a voice stream. Like mebeam or stickam. Also you could get a yahoo acount and invite a bunch of people to a group voice chat.

--Tavis

I don't work to well in groups. Of all the groups I have been in, well, almost all, there is always just one person who is very quiet.

Having this in the chat is better becuase will aleviate some fears, becuase there are alot more people.

So this idea may never go through, oh well. Just a suggestion. Knots does have a good idea though.

lokelake
06-07-2009, 02:59 PM
How did you think it worked? Really..

A camera.

sixteen

BettyBoop
06-07-2009, 03:02 PM
A camera.

sixteen
Well if you have a camera with an in-built mic then yes, but it's still the mic.

fork
06-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Sorry, but I think this is a horrible idea. The chat doesn't need anything else except an ignore button.