PDA

View Full Version : My theory

wicked
05-25-2009, 08:39 PM
I've noticed that some stories that go unfinished after sexual things happen.
You know, like 'The stopwatch' for example. The main character stopped time, stripped some girls and had sex with them. it ended after that.

'The best english lesson ever'. it ended after the main character played truth or dare in the middle of the school library! They saw each other naked rather fast, and the next part two other girls came into the story, played truth or dare, they got naked.

'The babysitter' ended with everyone naked, and fell asleep. Two fell asleep nude on each other.

My point is, it sounds like these are stories were merely just fantasies. Fantasies that were turned into stories. After the fantasies were over, the writers completely lost interest and never finished :p

Who agrees with me?

Lolly
05-25-2009, 08:53 PM
I agrees
But then sometimes the author just disappears for awhile for unknown reasons.
Then they reappear later on to finish the story. But isn't that very unlikely to happen?

interesting
05-25-2009, 09:13 PM
I agree. And I disagree. Every situation is different. You would have to check every story to see if there is actually a pattern, and you'd have to check with each writer.

People sometimes lose interest in the stories they are writing too.

Here's my take on the situation: a story is worth finishing all the time; it is even more important to finish it when you have readers committed to it, if only for their sake; I strive to take all my stories to their logical end.

Komodo Jones
05-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Along with that fact, and I've only read one of the stories you've listed above sometimes writers have very long breaks or writer's block. For example my story seems unfinished but I have been totally busy with schoolwork and writing a story for someobdy else, and I still do plan to continue my story. Along the same line as interesting said, you would have to check EVERY story and check with EVERY author.

Officelover
05-26-2009, 07:58 AM
What about my story?

Yeah, with a few exceptions, I've noticed this in many stories, as well.

LilAngel
05-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Yes, I've noticed this a bit too. However.... for example, mines. Yes, I have stopped writing it a bit, but that's because of school work, music practice, etc. I do plan on finishing it.

I also have another theory. After the sex part, normally this would be one of the hardest part to write right, mainly because fantasies may only fit yourself. Then, if they don't get enough replies and comments, the writer loses inspiration, or motivation.

Budlightkiller558
06-02-2009, 12:05 PM
I am writing a story right now and I am going to wait till I finish the story so that I know it is waiting.

BettyBoop
06-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I've noticed this happen a few times. Though there are still a few stories out there that aren't. I've seen a suggestion for that "Completed Stories" sections.
Is that possible, because it would be excellent.

jess_i_kka
06-03-2009, 03:32 PM
I also have another theory. After the sex part, normally this would be one of the hardest part to write right, mainly because fantasies may only fit yourself. Then, if they don't get enough replies and comments, the writer loses inspiration, or motivation.

I have another theory. If the story is part of a sexual fantasy after the sex part you usually cum and there is no reason to finish.

chubbsman7
06-06-2009, 07:54 PM
True that, I stopped my first story because...

1. I don't like it.

2. It got gay.

Just because people liked it doesn't mean the auther is always going to like it. In this case this was the case.

Komodo Jones
06-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Very true what Lil' Angel said, because of a lot of authors and myself included really want feedback but we usually don't get enough. That's why Molten Man is so awesome! I have only gotten feedback from three users and it's been positive. And no offense but I find jess_i_kka's idea a little weird. I would actually be surprised if someone stopped it because they came. That's almost like saying I've thought about my slave sexually, came to the thought of her and now I'm never going to think about her again. Although, she may be right I don't really know as I'm still a novice author, as I have only written two chapters of my first story. But I think out of common courtesy it would be nice if the person said they were going to discontinue the story or go on a hiatus. For example daredaredare is writing a sequel to his popular story "John's Slavery" but he clearly said up front that it is a teaser and may not be completed. A main theory I have as to why people stop their stories is that they run out of ideas and don't know where to go from where they stopped. Instead of racking their brains looking for where to go they just give up.

Tony12
06-07-2009, 03:35 AM
Well the actual reason i stopped the stopwatch (no puns intended) was because recently i've had exams and at my last post i had began my preparation for exams. The reason i did not continue the stopwatch was because the thread was sort of dead and I didn't feel like reviving it. I may in the near future revive the stopwatch and finish it. But i will not do this until i have finished my current story