PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea - international music competition

Big_Joe
06-13-2007, 04:46 AM
Just an idea for a little friendly competition.

I was thinking maybe we could each get a representative from each of our countries and every month or so they could pick a popular song sung by an artist from their country. Then have a public vote - but u obviously cannot pick your own country. The song would have to be reccent for fairness and dicsussed with the rest of the members from your nationality before you nominate it.

It's just an idea but for it to work we'd all have to agree to keep it friendly - no argueing, no disrespecting the other countries.

Please post feedback on the idea.

depp=noob=lol
06-13-2007, 08:53 AM
first of you cant vote for your own country that means that a song from australia, uk or usa has little change to win i think, but i hope it will work

So we can try it....when shall we start.

Lonelyangel
06-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Wow this sounds like such a cool idea, if it does get up and running may i suggest the UK's first entry should be Oasis with either 'don't look back in anger' or 'Morning glory' those are by far there bset songs, shame it has to be modern because we would have the ultimate arsenal otherwise with the Beatles!

Sum
06-13-2007, 03:41 PM
or with pink floyd, the who, the clash, dire straites etc etc :)
How recent does the song have to be as don't look back's around ten years old now (how time flys)

Big_Joe
06-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Dire straits do rock i'll give u that mate!

But it's not just about UK, any suggestions on how this could work please step forward!

JackSpratt
06-14-2007, 01:04 PM
I'll happily represent Germany, considering half my family is of that nationality =3

Our entry: 'Endlich ein Grund zur Panik' by Wir sind Helden. Now that should win any competition.

Collared_Slave
06-14-2007, 01:23 PM
it would be a good idea but how would u stop people voting for their own country?

Big_Joe
06-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Public vote - i'd remove any invalid votes.

depp=noob=lol
06-15-2007, 08:10 AM
i can represent The Netherlands.

Coyote
12-14-2008, 11:02 PM
i recently read this and thought it would be a cool idea so if anybody is interested please post here.

PS i can represent the US

andrew_b
12-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Can I represent Ireland plz plz and i'll probably do a damien rice song or maybe U2 depending on what you would consider recent