PDA

View Full Version : Tord limitations

Coyote
05-23-2009, 01:00 PM
I see so many new members come in, and post "dares PLZ" or "21/F/Slave looking for 23/F/Master" in either TorD online or the slave master section and then you never hear from that member ever again. I think that a user should have a certain amount of meaningful posts before they are allowed to post in said sections. This would promote quality posts and discourage bad posts in these sections

Anjelen
05-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Thing is, Coyote, people come here TO play TorD or, in my experience, TO find a submissive...

I actually found this site through a google search for submissive ads...
Never knew it was a TorD site before i looked twice.

So... Banning new users from the TorD or S/m sections would, if you ask me, rather obtruct the site from gaining members!

l-kelley
05-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Yes,but I think he is trying to say that they should atleast make a qualtt post
If it's just your first,

BLOEM51
05-24-2009, 06:09 AM
I agree ,but I think it`s up to one self to make a quality post. I don`t know how you can tell anybody how to make a post. Some guys can make a quality post on their first post and somebody else will post hundreds of posts and then it can still be of low quality

l-kelley
05-24-2009, 06:41 AM
True,but some of the users have been around other fourm boards and can make good quality posts.

Pingu
05-24-2009, 06:44 AM
In terms of the TorD online section, some people may just need dares for a sleep over or a party. i.e They might not be into doing dares every single day of their life so they have no need to visit their site all the time but just ask for dares as a one off.

The same applies to the S/M section. A person putting an ad in the section might be a master/slave and thus they do not need to keep coming back to the site.

As well as that, people wanting to post in those section might feel the need to post frequently in other forums with posts which don't have any quality in them. Which leads onto my next point - what is a quality post and what isn't?

I see too many problems for it to be implemented.

l-kelley
05-24-2009, 07:00 AM
- what is a quality post and what isn't?

I think to have a qualty post you need three things

1(and most important). A point,your posts always needs to have a point wrether it is in dare,truth whatever;
Ex. Dare- (this is a great dare I think I will to it) my point & some info (I have just done the dare and I enjoyed the rush it gave me and made me feel good) extra information

2. Spelling- all reply need to have the best spelling they can;
Ex. (16/male looking for another male dare buddy) good way (16/male srcn 4 @ mle dre bdy) way lots of users post but should not.

3.helpfull to mods- we all need to give them a break I mean really I don't have the facts so will one mod tell us about how many people the send warnings,probations,bans to;
Ex. When a 15 year old girl posts for a s/m add she pretty much knows she is underage so why post.

That's what I think a qualty post needs!

The godfather
05-24-2009, 07:05 AM

1(and most important). A point,your posts always needs to have a point wrether it is in dare,truth whatever;
Ex. Dare- (this is a great dare I think I will to it) my point & some info (I have just done the dare and I enjoyed the rush it gave me and made me feel good) extra information

Ex. (16/male looking for another male dare buddy) good way (16/male srcn 4 @ mle dre bdy) way lots of users post but should not.

3.helpfull to mods- we all need to give them a break I mean really I don't have the facts so will one mod tell us about how many people the send warnings,probations,bans to;
Ex. When a 15 year old girl posts for a s/m add she pretty much knows she is underage so why post.

That's what I think a qualty post needs!

no one can have all there posts helping the mods. it's good to help but a post isn't not good if it doesn't help a mod

l-kelley
05-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Well what I was trying I say is don't do anything if you no it's against fourm rules!

andom4444
05-24-2009, 07:12 AM
I agree, i am a few forums where you have to make maybe 10 posts before you gain access to certain sections of the site.

Pingu
05-24-2009, 07:49 AM
But again it comes down to a matter of opinion. I personally saw a post today on a thread which I thought was really well written and thought out. Yet someone reported it because they thought it was abusive. To me, it was a quality post but to another it wasn't.

The sheer volume of people signing-up to GD and posting means that when each of these new members reaches 10 posts then the mods will need too look at their posts and see if they're good posts or not thus more work.

I know where you are coming from and this does work well on some sites but I don't think it works well for GD.

slave1987
05-24-2009, 08:06 AM

Well what I was trying I say is don't do anything if you no it's against fourm rules!

So is this not a quality post because the spelling isn't spot on?

But I found this site through a search for s/m, and if upon joining I wasn't allowed to post in it then I probably wouldn't have come back to the site

The godfather
05-24-2009, 08:12 AM
So is this not a quality post because the spelling isn't spot on?

But I found this site through a search for s/m, and if upon joining I wasn't allowed to post in it then I probably wouldn't have come back to the site

wll it rly hlps 2 spll gd bcase its easyr 2 read.
if someone posts that it's bad but if it's a small mistake it doesn't matter.