PDA

View Full Version : Prejudice within the BDSM Community

LilAngel
05-22-2009, 04:42 AM
Furries and Adult Babies.

There seems to be a lot of prejudice aimed at their way, even though people in the community are generally open minded. Where did this prejudice come from?

There's even a group on Facebook called the Anti-Furry Coalition, a petition called the Anti-Furries Petition, etc. In fact, there are more Anti-Furries than there are furries.

Quote from the Anti-Furry Coalition:
A furry commonly believes that he or she is an animal trapped in a human's body. Some go so far as to dress up in mascot-style outfits of their choice critter. Many furries are most comfortable interacting in animal suits or masks. They feel that their "fursona" (a furry play on the word "persona") is who they really are. They want to be taken seriously. They want to be accepted.

Furries are not acceptable.

Furry culture is centered around escapism through sex. Furries want to avoid the responsibility of the real world by becoming something or someone else. Many are uncomfortable with the human form, have trouble coping with reality and human society, and have extremely stunted social skills. Many shy, unpopular, slow-minded children are drawn in by this Internet subculture when they believe that they've finally found a place that they are accepted.

Other sites also claims that it is the 'new gay', since the gay and lesbian community is being accepted more nowadays.

Many furries, contrary to belief, no longer define themselves as 'a person with a sexual desire, or fetish to act, live and respond like an animal', and rather think of it as a deeper being.

Where do you think this prejudice comes from?

pranadevil
05-22-2009, 05:04 AM
I don't think it's any different to someone with a prejudice against someone who's gay. It simply boils down to someone doing something that they enjoy.

Personally I don't care for it, and wouldn't even entertain it. But that's on the same level as me not entertaining the thought of me hooking up with a guy as well. I was never confused.

There also seem to be some people in the BDSM community who believe you need to act a certain way, do things correctly etc. before you can even consider yourself to be something (whether it's a dom, master, sub, slave etc.) It's pretty ridiculous as the whole thing comes down to "do those you are doing things with enjoy it, and do you?" That's the only thing that matters. If I have a slave and she wants to be there, why should our level of experience be something to decide whether we're "good" or not.

Some also seem to be of the view you need to read deeply into things and get to know the in's and out's of... well, what amount to a whole lot of bollocks really. As long as you are knowledgeable about what you intend to do, and the health, safety, and risks involved. I don't see why you should read pages and pages of stuff that wont really make a difference to the enjoyment you get from it.

If you are playing safe, and all involved are having fun, whether you enjoy pain, humiliation, or furries. Why should anyone else get to say you're wrong?

Night-1991
05-22-2009, 05:04 AM
The hate comes from 4chan and encyclopedia dramatica, two of the most fail worthy sites EVER

I, as a furry myself, beloeve the desire comes from the fact we are all animals, its just religion and sites such as those two that try to plant the fact we are all human.

Sure, that may be the case, but humans are a type of mammal, common fact, we eat meat, just like a dog would, except we are more advanced, and the fact we are destroying the planet, it makes us more dangerous than a black widow spider.

And they are cold motherf***ers, humans are actually the most dangerous being on the planet.

So furries, in my opinion, try to dismiss that fact, and really, it makes us more in touch with our animal self.

So, because they are not "normal", and people these days are brainwashed into thinking they HAVE to be normal and follow the chaingang, anything that isn't considered as normal will be frowned upon.

MercilessDomme
05-22-2009, 05:08 AM
Prejudice stems from subconcious feelings of being threatened. Work out why people feel threatened by furries and you will have your answer.

pranadevil
05-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Prejudice stems from subconcious feelings of being threatened. Work out why people feel threatened by furries and you will have your answer.

Buh? I have no idea where you got that one from, but that's a pretty large blanket with that statement.

Sure, "some" prejudice may come from that, but all?

Sometimes it comes from things being ingrained on you over the years. Take religious people who view anyone who doesn't follow their religion as sinners etc. Those people are prejudiced against others but not through a fear of being threatened. Why should they be threatened when, in their mind, they're good and holy?

It also can stem from people who just are ignorant. There are people who are prejudiced against "sexual deviants" (sorry, that phrase makes me laugh... who decides what makes you a sexual deviant or not? Is liking a bit of light whipping going to mean you are placed in that category, or do we have different levels of them?) that's not through a fear of being threatened, it's through a view that they're superior and anyone who doesn't follow their route of thinking is beneath them (trust me, I know all about that thanks to a certain girl I know... anything she doesn't agree with is 100% wrong, it has to be, otherwise she'd think it was right).

So no, your view, while it might be right in certain cases, is completely wrong for a blanket statement.

abusedpup
05-25-2009, 02:01 AM
The hate comes from 4chan and encyclopedia dramatica, two of the most fail worthy sites EVER

I, as a furry myself, beloeve the desire comes from the fact we are all animals, its just religion and sites such as those two that try to plant the fact we are all human.

Sure, that may be the case, but humans are a type of mammal, common fact, we eat meat, just like a dog would, except we are more advanced, and the fact we are destroying the planet, it makes us more dangerous than a black widow spider.

And they are cold motherf***ers, humans are actually the most dangerous being on the planet.

So furries, in my opinion, try to dismiss that fact, and really, it makes us more in touch with our animal self.

So, because they are not "normal", and people these days are brainwashed into thinking they HAVE to be normal and follow the chaingang, anything that isn't considered as normal will be frowned upon.

But maybe getting in touch with our animal self isn't the best way to go. You say humans are worse than black widow spiders and that we're destroying the planet, how does hiding from the fact that you are human and you have contributed to global climate change help anyone.

If you feel passionately about humans having a responsibility to clean up the planet, maybe you should do something active about it instead of dressing up like a dog.

Night-1991
05-25-2009, 02:03 AM
But maybe getting in touch with our animal self isn't the best way to go. You say humans are worse than black widow spiders and that we're destroying the planet, how does hiding from the fact that you are human and you have contributed to global climate change help anyone.

If you feel passionately about humans having a responsibility to clean up the planet, maybe you should do something active about it instead of dressing up like a dog.

Is insulting people who have a different taste in 'fun' than you the best way to go?, it isn't is it....

Now either accept the fact people have different views or just go, getdare isn't for noobs.

LilAngel
05-25-2009, 02:20 AM

I'm not a furry, and I don't think I ever will be, (though I have nothing against them), however I think it has something to do with 'letting nature be'.

Also, not to sound biased or anything, but dressing up as a a dog might actually help the environment... a little. Imagine if all humans were dogs. There would be a LOT less carbon dioxide etc.

However, obviously thats not a good analogy, but it explains my point. I didn't want this thread to turn into an argument/ aggressive debate, so lets look at this with a different angle.

Why do people not bat an eye or shiver when people talk about sewing a woman's pussy up, or sticking something up a man's penis, but just when you start talking about kitty ears, whiskers, and diapers... everything goes down the road?

Is it because its not scary? Dangerous? (Well, socially dangerous but anyways...)

Or do people just think it's silly?

BettyBoop
05-25-2009, 04:18 AM
I'm allergic to most animals.
Has nothing to do with anything.
I have no prejudice against anyone. I have a bunny costume, but I don't think I'm a bunny.
I don't really think I know what's going on so ignore me. I have a cat costume too.
People don't like what they don't understand, or what they haven't seen before. A lot of people are just looking for something different to dislike.

The godfather
05-25-2009, 08:59 AM
I don't really understand furries and it just isn't my thing but I've no problem if people want to do it, it's their choice.

Buh? I have no idea where you got that one from, but that's a pretty large blanket with that statement.

Sure, "some" prejudice may come from that, but all?

Sometimes it comes from things being ingrained on you over the years. Take religious people who view anyone who doesn't follow their religion as sinners etc. Those people are prejudiced against others but not through a fear of being threatened. Why should they be threatened when, in their mind, they're good and holy?

you could argue that them people fear change or that they fear not being able to control the world through religion. And you said that it comes from things being ingrained but as these things are ingrained a fear or hatred of the opposite of these things can also be ingrained.

Officelover
05-25-2009, 12:58 PM
About furriies... I'm sorry but I can't really believe that a human being can be an animal trapped in a human body. I really can never see myself thinking that, though I do like petplay as a kink/ degrading thing.

But the whole point of it being degradign is that secretly I know I am not an animal, and that because I a reducign myself to it it shows how simple and how slutty I am to my mistress.

Just my opinion.

I apologize in advance to furries.

The godfather
05-25-2009, 01:05 PM
About furriies... I'm sorry but I can't really believe that a human being can be an animal trapped in a human body. I really can never see myself thinking that, though I do like petplay as a kink/ degrading thing.

humans are animals what else would we be plants?

Officelover
05-25-2009, 01:07 PM
humans are animals what else would we be plants?

You know what I mean. I have made known my prejudice against animals and my beliefs that humans are not biologically or physically but spiritually different from animals.