PDA

View Full Version : Hierarchy - Why?

Calypso19
05-02-2009, 02:22 PM
I hope this is supposed to go here, I wanted to post it in the Slave/Master section, but that appears to be just personal ads.

I can't remember which staff member said this but s/he said that there is a general hierarchy for D/s online lifestyles, this being as follows

1(most desired) - Female Slave/Submissive
2 - Female Dom
3 - Male Dom
4(least desired) - Male Slave/Submissive
* - Switches are wildcards and so, are not included.

I cry for all the poor male subs out there who are clearly so unloved. In my own experience with the D/s world this order also seems to hold true. Now I ask why, why are male subs so rejected? From what I can tell they appear to be genuine, far much more so than females of either persuasion, and 9 times out of 10 have some form of visual medium to confirm completion of assignments. Is it purely a numbers game? Are female and male doms simply not available in great enough quantity to satisfy them all? Or is it that the elusive (i say this only in comparison) female sub is in such great demand that male and female doms will reject male subs in pursuit of a "greater" prize?

Please tell me your thoughts, cos I'm a little bit stumped. Plus cmon guys even us male doms are clearly not all that loved! I would love to hear from all sorts btw, even those who choose not to pigeonhole themselves in one of these categories.

BettyBoop
05-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Because they have penises.
No, I don't know maybe it's because there are so many people prefer something different. Or maybe it's because people just prefer females, especially seeing as they are rare and if you're a straight guy you might prefer a mistress or a female sub.

lydiab6
05-02-2009, 03:15 PM
I have reworded this post at least three times already, it is a hard question to answer...

Many societies still function within the guidelines of the Man is the breadwinner, provider of the family, the female is beneath the Man. Though this is not true, and women are just as capable as men, it is still ingrained subconsciously into the social awareness of many people. As such, a male sub doesn't fit. 'A man should not be subservient to anyone...'

Therefore, in terms of the hierarchy, female subs are most desired to please the male dominants that sees it as their place. Additionally, because so many male doms are searching for female subs, the female subs do not need to actively search for male doms, they make themselves available, thus the search for a male dom is lowered on the hierarchy. After female subs are searched for, you have the large male sub population looking for female dominants...thus rising their status.

It is interesting, that male doms search for sub females, while male subs search for female doms. If thought of this way, it can be seen that the hierarchy of search is therefore determined mainly by the male population....

Male doms searching for female subs...1
Male subs searching for female doms...2

then you get
Female subs searching for male doms...3
and lastly,
Female doms searching for male subs...4

Now, I am aware that I have stuck with a very traditional, heterosexually oriented partnership, and I apologize to those out there searching for doms and subs of the same gender and/or sex. It was not my intent to exclude you nor offend you, just my observations on what is 'typical'.

Interesting thread topic post! :)

Master_Emanon
05-02-2009, 03:28 PM
While from the post you are correct that male subs are more willing to more often then woman offer visual proof. But it is a matter of preference, most of the Masters and Mistresses that i see are searching for female subs or slaves. As well as most of the female and male subs or slaves are searching for Masters and Mistresses, yet males are not as seeked out as the females.

It is not that male subs are "rejected" per say merely does not fit what a straight male is looking for nor what lesbian/bi [prefer woman] Mistress may be looking for at that time.

But as i tell all in post i see, they shouldn't just sit around waiting for people to answer their ad, they should go in the slave/Master and personals section to also search for Masters or Mistresses who posted an ad, and if they fit what is being looked for contact the Master or Mistress.

And as far as in the scene, at least in the groups i have been to there is usually more slaves and subs then their are Masters or Mistresses, so usually at these groups if they come to the place searching for a Master/Mistress they usually swap numbers with several people, so i find real life groups have a much higher success rate then online

It is interesting, that male doms search for sub females, while male subs search for female doms. If thought of this way, it can be seen that the hierarchy of search is therefore determined mainly by the male population....

I usually just comment on the post critiquing and wishing them good luck, of the few female subs and slaves i have met on here, they message me and after we converse a bit that will tell me if it will work or not. Great post by the way.

Calypso19
05-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Thankyou both, Emanon and Lydia, for your compliments and your posts. To me, it appears that no matter what the sexual walk of life, that involves both sexes, the males will always have to chase the females. Broadly speaking that is.

Now what's really perked my interest is why there is such an abundance of male subs, is it due to laziness and therefore not wanting to put the energy in dominating or a genuine mass male need (in this community) for domination?

Please could other posters also address this question if they feel so inclined?

lydiab6
05-02-2009, 03:58 PM
I think in this community is it slightly skewed due to the general gender balance...

There are just more active males on this site than females, so regardless of sub or dom self-classification, the females are more in demand than the males, and thus...more unowned male subs.

Merlin
05-02-2009, 11:57 PM
I think the last thing is way more important than the "want to"... numbers...
(Side note i am only talking of this site! the ratio in oher places is different like Master_Emanon said)

There is a big number of male slaves here...
a medium number of "Dare Masters"...
some male Masters...
some male slaves pretending to be female...
a few female dare slaves...
a few female slaves
a few male "Mistresses"...
and a very low number of Mistresses...

badkingbob
05-03-2009, 03:59 AM
I have reworded this post at least three times already, it is a hard question to answer...

Many societies still function within the guidelines of the Man is the breadwinner, provider of the family, the female is beneath the Man. Though this is not true, and women are just as capable as men, it is still ingrained subconsciously into the social awareness of many people. As such, a male sub doesn't fit. 'A man should not be subservient to anyone...'

Therefore, in terms of the hierarchy, female subs are most desired to please the male dominants that sees it as their place. Additionally, because so many male doms are searching for female subs, the female subs do not need to actively search for male doms, they make themselves available, thus the search for a male dom is lowered on the hierarchy. After female subs are searched for, you have the large male sub population looking for female dominants...thus rising their status.

Male doms searching for female subs...1
Male subs searching for female doms...2

then you get
Female subs searching for male doms...3
and lastly,
Female doms searching for male subs...4

Now, I am aware that I have stuck with a very traditional, heterosexually oriented partnership, and I apologize to those out there searching for doms and subs of the same gender and/or sex. It was not my intent to exclude you nor offend you, just my observations on what is 'typical'.

Interesting thread topic post! :)

It's far more simple than that - and can be explained by the easy rule that males are generally far more horny than women, and far less picky about how they get their sexual thrills.

In any online d/s community the active, involved males outnumber the active/ involved females by 10/1. You can't take the numbers that turn up in the search profile results as truth, as a huge number of the female profiles are just set up to see what responses they get (by males or females) by people with no interest in actually getting involved.

Surrendering yourself into sexual slavery with someone you don't know is a huge step for most women, presumably because of the values that society expects from women (not supposed to be sluts) compared to men (are almost encouraged to be sluts).