PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory fields

the_joy_of_pain
04-30-2009, 03:20 PM
My apologies if this suggestion has been made before or is not in line with the forum rules, I did have a quick look, couldn't find anything on this matter.

I think it would be a big improvement that, when new users register to the forum, certain fields are mandatory.

Fields I am thinking about are gender, age and location. Especially age can be very helpful for other users and will prevent "unwanted activities".

Midnight
04-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I agree with this. Mods, is there a way we can make this happen?

Pingu
04-30-2009, 05:14 PM
I believe this will be happening when the next update occurs. Depp will confirm/deny I'm sure.

fork
04-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Uhm why location? That's kind of an invasion of privacy.

nate2010
04-30-2009, 08:00 PM
I agree with fork. Age and gender is fine, but making people put location isn't.

depp
04-30-2009, 09:48 PM
On KinkTalk it works great but I am wary about doing it hear. I don't want to have anyone give up their privacy.

Changes will happen with the way ages are displayed. This is planned and will happen. I think I have come up with a fair compromise between privacy and informing users.

BettyBoop
04-30-2009, 11:37 PM
I definitely think age should be displayed, because I'm sick of people adding me on msn then I find out they're like 50 or something. It's weird.

slave1987
05-02-2009, 04:18 AM
I think it would be a big improvement that, when new users register to the forum, certain fields are mandatory.

Fields I am thinking about are gender, age and location. Especially age can be very helpful for other users and will prevent "unwanted activities".

I take it that you assume that they will tell the truth in all these fields?

the_joy_of_pain
05-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Yes, well, you can always tell a lie I guess. But someone serious will tell the truth. For the others, the truth will come out eventually.

Even with, for example, the age field filled, one could choose to get in touch with another user who is not 18 and have "over 18 intentions". It's just another barrier to help and protect the under 18 users.