PDA

View Full Version : photo gallery?

eddidde
06-04-2007, 12:41 PM
hi this has probably been suggested before, but why is there no gallery on the site? it would have to be carefully monitored of course by depp or someone, and they would have to check all the pictures.

JackSpratt
06-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Maybe because of the last words you added there. I could imagine it being so much extra work for the guys that run this site in their own free time. I think it would be a good idea, but... I guess some privacy issues added on to what i've already said make it kinda difficult to do.

Maverick
06-04-2007, 02:24 PM
I believe there is one coming in the big update, which should be here quite soon.

timmy
06-04-2007, 02:24 PM
yer. its sometimes alot deeper then you think.

sutff like copyright might come into this
weve only JUST been allowed to have pictures of us as our avatars.

but you never know for the future x

Soraslight
06-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Just a dream for now, but who knows maybe it will happen? (Que for moderator to make announcement)

depp
06-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I can confirm that this is planned and will be eventuially added. I am currently looking into new sets of rules and access control to implement this.

There will be a photo section. There are just so many issues that creep up with this sort of thing it is just going to take a while. When it is added age restrictions will be strict. Also the content of photos will be heavily moderated. There is no way around this if we want to do it.

eddidde
06-05-2007, 12:14 PM
il probably receive negative response to this, but i could probably help with the monitoring of what goes in. also why dont you just have some galleries which are unaccessible except to people who click something saying they are 18+

dared to perfection
06-05-2007, 01:14 PM
one reason people lie, i mean legally if they click the button you guys are blame free but morally if you make it that simple then its on your conscience, but if you feel guilt free the click a button stating you are 18+ is a good idea

depp
06-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Even if people say they are 18 the law does not cover us. There are a ton of hoops to jump through to do this legally. I am currently researching what exactly can be done. The rules are very strict.

Maverick
06-06-2007, 09:11 PM
I know other sites have had people send the pictures to someone, and then he posts, the people don't post directly. That may give you an extra level of control, but some extra work.

Soraslight
06-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Or how about you're only allowed to send in pictures which blur out the part of the pics that make 18+ so everyone can enjoy it?

timmy
06-07-2007, 11:20 AM
good idea. buutt then the 18+ people are sorta disgriminated, cuuzz there 18 yet they cant see the pics

bobo
06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
good idea. buutt then the 18+ people are sorta disgriminated, cuuzz there 18 yet they cant see the pics

you culd create 2 sections, an 18+ section and a PG section but it wud b more work

Soraslight
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Create a pg section first to satisfy EVERYONE then an 18+ one. Because then everyone can use the photo space giving you time to make a second one, rather than stopping EVERYONE under 18+ from having picture access.

depp
06-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Without proof of a persons age we can't display images from them that display nudity in a "sexual" manner. Basically this is nudity a court would decide is designed to fulfill sexual needs.

Age "verification" by entering a birthdate does not count as proof. Only a photo of a person next to their goverment issued ID works if we want to display nudity. In addition, according to US law, we have to keep records in a physical office staffed all year long by a live person. This person would have to be able to produce at a moments notice proof that images posted here come from people over 18.

I am working on rules that don't allow nudity but do allow image posting. This is a very complex issue.