PDA

View Full Version : Points system and league

Poolie
04-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Hey, i was thinking yesterday and came up with an idea that would be real cool on this site.

I always stuggle with actually doing a dare because theres no reason why i should do it really. Well, this might help people like this out aswell as spice up the website a bit.

I suggest a point system with criteria for how many points for certain degree of dares or truths. For example: someone could post a dare as a 5 point dare, you must do this this and that and you will be rewareded with that amount of points. A site league table could then be created.

Feel free to add onto this idea, i think this could be great.

Mike.

Mr Very Daring
04-25-2009, 07:30 AM
i think it's a good idea
BUT how would we know if some1 did it or not- they could lie

SubMissChievous
04-25-2009, 07:46 AM
It's not a bad idea but I see 2 problems with it:

1) Like Mr. Very Daring said, anyone could lie and pretend they did a dare. Since asking/offering pics is not allowed here and that rule is not about to change then how could we find a way to know for sure a member has earned his/her points?

2) How do we determine if a dare is worth 5 points, another 3 points, etc. This in itself is very subjective. What is very easy for one can be very difficult for another. So I'm not sure how making a fair difficulty level scale is possible and who would decide on this.

Poolie
04-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Yes, ive already seen these two issues with the idea, im trying to work on a way to do it, some ideas:

Issue 1:
The person doing the dare could be made to write about how it went and if it was fullfilled correctly, i know you could still lie but to make it up you would have to be sad.

Would it still be against the rules if another member and the person doing the dare mutually agreed to see proof of the dare being fulfilled via msn/aim or another way of communication rather than through getdare, the person who agreed with the person doing the dare could then vouch for them?
(Need confirmation)

Issue 2:

The points system criteria would have to be a generalisation on the majority of people. Im sure most people have similar things that are difficult to them.

E.g.

I think things such as big public, bodily fluids, heavy pain are going to be worth more points to the big majority of people.

Just my ideas, everyone keep adding!

urlilslave080
04-25-2009, 08:10 AM
For issue 2 a criteria could be written up, and staff or other chosen members could rate the difficulty level of a dare based on the criteria, just like your high school markings, A is very hard, B Hard, C Moderate, D Easy, E Really east, or you could have your own gradings, but each grade is worth different ammount of points a could equal 20, b could be 15, c is 10 and ect.

As for issue one there is not much you can do.

Zeromus
04-25-2009, 09:19 AM
I'll take some dare points..........,........,,.,,

Poolie
04-25-2009, 09:41 AM
For issue 2 a criteria could be written up, and staff or other chosen members could rate the difficulty level of a dare based on the criteria, just like your high school markings, A is very hard, B Hard, C Moderate, D Easy, E Really east, or you could have your own gradings, but each grade is worth different ammount of points a could equal 20, b could be 15, c is 10 and ect.

As for issue one there is not much you can do.

This is exactly what i mean, there could be a forum for people requesting a dare of certain grades and a forum for people to post their dares with the grade and points that will be awarded for its completion.

BettyBoop
04-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Certain dares that would be hard for some people would be quite simple for others.
And you'll always get that person, who'll lie to see how many points they can achieve.

Poolie
04-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks for telling me what everyone already knew.

BettyBoop
04-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Well, there's no need to be a douchebag about it.

Poolie
04-25-2009, 01:51 PM
I just thought you might have read that it was already said a few times.

Now that i read it back it was quite sharp on you, and i apologise.

Sorry,

Mike.

Collared_Slave
04-25-2009, 02:50 PM
You could do something like this- with creating dares.
Like award it points on orginality and such.

fork
04-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Well I think a simple way to classify the dares as A, B, C, etc.. would be to have them go through a trial period, where people on the site can vote on the difficulty level.
I don't think this would work though because it would take a long time to get dares out there, and they could end up having really close results like 36 C's and 40 B's .. Where it would end up having a rating of like, C.5 lol.

Also, the only way to be sure that someone did a dare would be pictures or cam, and there's people like me who don't send pictures at all so that wouldn't work out. Besides the fact that it's against the rules..

Everything aside though, I think this is a great idea *in theory*
It's a shame it probably won't work out though.. :(