PDA

View Full Version : Feedback

Coyote
04-22-2009, 06:05 PM
When you report posts can a mod send a simple " thank you, your message has been received' just so that we know that we actually did something and werent ignored?

depp
04-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Every report is marked done in our system after it has been resolved however not every report has a visible resolution. Every report filed is read by handful of moderators. Many are even discussed. All reports are tracked internally but feedback on each report is not feasible due to the volume we currently get. Basically, we don't have time for personalized feedback on each report unless we need additional information from the user.

The moderators don't act on every report. If the infraction is minor we often will often overlook it.

fork
04-22-2009, 06:25 PM
What about the reports that are PMed directly to a mod, with specific concern.. not the ones that are done clicking the little report button.
Like mostly the ones regarding harassment, problems with a mod, etc.. could be given a feedback so the person knows that /some/ form of action is taking place. Especially let that person know if you decide to dismiss the case (and why), so they don't keep pursuing it and make it public.

jlstockton25
04-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Chloe, Merlin, and Hampers have all taken the time out to send feedback to me when I've reported posts. It is really nice to know that the appreciate my help enough to take time out and thank me.

I do see how it would be difficult to send thank yous every time though