PDA

View Full Version : Slave/Master "culture"

slavewannabe613
02-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site, and I'm not so clear on the slave/master concept and what it entails here. While I do seem to grasp some of it, I'm not so sure if what I think is true is true. I understand that there aren't "rules" so much as "customs".

firebat180
02-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Sorry, but one of the rules in here is that no underage can post a petition for a master/slave

Hampers
02-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Sorry, but one of the rules in here is that no underage can post a petition for a master/slave

This is true, but he's asking about the culture. under-18s are allowed to post and contribute in the SM Lounge.

Maxxim
02-24-2009, 06:36 AM
The question you ask is a little hard to answer and there are as many answers as there are Dominants and submissives. I will voice my own opininon here.

On this site, there are 'dare slaves' that only desire to be given dares but not enter into the rest of a 'traditional' master and slave relationship such as the submissive portion of it. They want to play but not pay, so to speak.

Then there are the traditional slaves who will do as they are told and want to be treated as property. They want the control and the feeling of belonging to another person as well as the feelings that servitude brings them. Many of them only like that idea of being an online slave and have no wish to take it any further due to real life constraints, such as a boyfriend, being married, family, etc. There are a few who try it online then decide they wish to try it in the real world and eventually serve a Master in real time.

There are also submissives, which are different in that they are 'owned' but still their own person rather than the property of another. The difference is mainly in the degree of control they relinquish. Slaves give up pretty much everything, submissives retain some freedoms besides what their master givs them.

The culture is varied as well. Most Dominants respect one another and do not try to 'poach' another person's slave or submissive. That is considered bad form. It is also bad form to disregard another person's limits. If you know that you want something they aren't willing to give, it is best to just move on rather than drag it out.

I've kind of rambled but the one other thing that is essential in the culture is trust. Without knowing that you can trust your master or you can trust the ones who serve you, then nothing will develop since you'll always syspect them of lying to you.

I hope that answered some of you questions.

Merlin
02-24-2009, 07:04 AM
the first thing that comes to my mind is take your time... you are at a age were sexuality get more important for you but there is no need to go to fast think about what you feel and what you want.
You may want to take a look at the Threads of Note (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=19036)

There is not one way and there are not 100... there are as many ways as there are pairs of Dominants and Submissive. And although people try to label them in Masters or Domes and Slaves or Subs. And like every relation between people... there may be parallels but most of it is very individual and different every time.

rpUral
02-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Labels are what they are for most things; Usually wrong. :)

Another way to think about it, at the level that many here enjoy it, Is that the submissive or slave wants to play truth or dare, but only take dares, and most times, take them from a single person. The Dominant or Master only wants to give dares, and prefers to play with just the one submissive, or possibly one at a time.

The dares themselves can get a bit more.... Wild than they would be in a TorD game among a group of people. And they may be more prolonged. Some will even have "permanent" rules to be followed.

It is all built on trust, and if the trust fails, the rest of it crumbles as well.