PDA

View Full Version : The problem with sharing ideas

RenaisanceMan
02-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Sadly this area ruins some point to the lifestyle!

A Master is as good as his imagination in my opinion, thus causing this area to be in my view 'poor' as sharing your ideas means there is no originilatiy anymore.

But a good Master will always find ways to combat such annoyances!

This is just a little bitt of truth to a normal day.

ty_la
02-13-2009, 06:00 PM
I think it is rare that any master or mistress will follow an idea step by step. I think this area is great, to get someones imagination going. Example:

*master reads thread*
Master: Wow, that seems like a good idea, but instead of using ropes... ect. ect.

RenaisanceMan
02-13-2009, 06:03 PM
That can be true,

But.

So many variations are possible and so many thousands of Masters/Mistress etc. Would use it in several variations = no originality.

Yes its a good area but it does kill some of the fun of being unique.

Not that anyhting is unique aymore.

This was a thread merely to encourage thought and discussion which it has began to do so.

doomed_soul89
02-13-2009, 06:06 PM
lol Renaisanceman you obviously never had a long term slave, over weeks/months you'll give your slave dozens to hundreds of tasks not all of them can be your original idea, sharing ideas is the only way to keep things new, that said the masters that just have their slaves post and get everyone else to tell them what to do just suck

RenaisanceMan
02-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Blatently stating I have not had a long term slave is not a grounds to prove your point =)

Simply because, no, I have not does not mean I have no clue about the lifestyle and the fact that tasks are not original, in fact if you read my post, I DID say NOTHING is original anymore anyway.

I merely wanted to begin a discussion on an interesting viewpoint.

To ad to this, people seem to find young Masters are clueless or too young or many other annoying variations. Which is why I have not and do not have a slave myself. =)

It is nice for your feedback but please do make sure you have read things completely. =)

SubMissChievous
02-13-2009, 06:29 PM
He might of not gotten any idea directly from under people but don't tell me that he never got an idea from someone's post I don't mean straight up stealing but not all of the ideas are going to be completely original we all look for ideas in posts and stories and probably share with other ppl too Yes, I'm afraid I will tell you this because it's the truth. For one, neither of us read posts in the stories section unless moderation is needed and what I do is quite different from what you may find in the Dare section or TorD.

The fact of the matter is that it is even easier at this point since we both know each other so well. It would really be sad, and in my opinion even worrying, if after all this time we were unable to communicate to a point of needing to pick ideas in posts, etc. There are a lot of much better way to work this out to make the journey more creative and interesting.

RenaisanceMan
02-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Yes, I'm afraid I will tell you this because it's the truth. For one, neither of us read posts in the stories section unless moderation is needed and what I do is quite different from what you may find in the Dare section or TorD.

The fact of the matter is that it is even easier at this point since we both know each other so well. It would really be sad, and in my opinion even worrying, if after all this time we were unable to communicate to a point of needing to pick ideas in posts, etc. There are a lot of much better way to work this out to make the journey more creative and interesting.

It is good that the pair of you have such a good bond.

Sadly like all ideas in the world, someone somewhere will likely have thought or will think of them also. That is the great insanity of the cosmos,

But also, by the ideas not being shared they are kept orignial to at least the party involved and they know with all due happiness it is their own to enjoy!

RenaisanceMan
02-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I would share my ideas but in doing so they would become worthless to me.
Due to the fact any and all could then use them and so they would no longer be mine, making them of no point.

The whole reason to be a owner of flesh to be crude, is to be the one in control.

By using others ideas and etc all the time or often is to not be the one in control but be using another to control instead.

Though these are merely my views.

doomed_soul89
02-13-2009, 07:09 PM
It is good that the pair of you have such a good bond.

Sadly like all ideas in the world, someone somewhere will likely have thought or will think of them also. That is the great insanity of the cosmos,

But also, by the ideas not being shared they are kept orignial to at least the party involved and they know with all due happiness it is their own to enjoy!

so he never got an idea from someone's post that he used on you

Merlin
02-13-2009, 11:44 PM
so he never got an idea from someone's post that he used on youHmm don't think i ever had... although i have to say that i think that you cant be not influenced at all ... still tasks are basically made up by what is going on in my head and what i would like to do in that moment and although i have a plan sometimes, often i am"improvising" around some basic guidelines, in the way of that i know what i want to achieve in that moment or knowing how high i want to go with it.
So most of these set tasks would not be usable for me anyway....

But to the original point i have to disagree in one point ... i don't see this as an area to share tasks (although it is used by some that way what is ok for me but only a side effect) i see the main point in giving information or ideas especially for people that have not seen anything... and that includes me of course too... So saying you have to bind it like that or let 3 drops of wax fall there type of posts can also be interesting for some, but the posts about what type of rope to use, what you should be watch out for and what sort of candles are useful are the things i find the important posts... if this is combined with a task and if the task id inspiration for someone why care? And if someone wants to use a task of me word by word i don't really care to be honest...if someone is finding them suiting... but if people start to do nothing else than that it gets a bit strange for me too...

EntropyLord
02-14-2009, 01:47 AM
I think there's a difference between sharing tasks and sharing ideas. If you're just going to follow someone else's task step for step then yeah that's obviously pretty boring not to mention unfair to your sub. But for any creative process it is useful to discuss ideas.

Merlin
02-14-2009, 02:30 AM
I think there's a difference between sharing tasks and sharing ideas. If you're just going to follow someone else's task step for step then yeah that's obviously pretty boring not to mention unfair to your sub. But for any creative process it is useful to discuss ideas.yeah that is what i wanted to say too... :D

RenaisanceMan
02-14-2009, 03:56 AM
Well the thread has accomplished its aim.

Sharing should be criticised and nobody seemed to be doing it in my view.

Sharing ideas, ok, but it is taken for granted!

Merlin
02-14-2009, 01:14 PM
I would not do it i don't really understand why people do it but if it is what someone wants than who am i to tell them it is not right to do?...

RenaisanceMan
02-14-2009, 01:39 PM
I would not do it i don't really understand why people do it but if it is what someone wants than who am i to tell them it is not right to do?...

Because it's fake, lies?

Merlin
02-14-2009, 01:55 PM
but if that is what both want...

RenaisanceMan
02-14-2009, 02:11 PM
but if that is what both want...

If thats what its like now makes me feel embaressed heh.