PDA

View Full Version : Writing Tip and Advice available

Wordsmiff
12-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Would anyone be interested in a thread offering writing tips and advice. You can ask any questions relating to writing techniques and/or creative writing in general, and I could offer weekly tips on how to improve your writing (you know who you are :D).

If anyone is interested, show your interest here. :)

MALEficent
12-11-2014, 08:08 AM
That's an interesting idea, count me in

wedgie/dare girl
12-11-2014, 09:23 AM
I do need a bit of help for writing, just to de-rust myself before a role playing thread

ashleyslut
12-11-2014, 10:16 AM
I would like some advice if anyone could PM for my writing.

StrawDog
12-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Very interested to see where this leads. Good luck to you all.

Wordsmiff
12-13-2014, 03:47 AM
It's only in the planning stage at the moment but if anyone has any specific questions or requires tips on a specific area such as plot, character development, puntuation, etc. then post your questions here and I'll do my best to answer them. :)

An_Jon
12-13-2014, 04:12 AM
I'd be interested in offering advice to people who need it. A thread would be a great idea, though it'd need a few dedicated people on there to make sure decent queries aren't left unanswered.

If anyone needs advice in the meantime then come and find me, I'll happily lend another mind to a problem you may have.

I think, however, since writing is such a subjective thing the best advice anyone can get is 'read and write a lot'. Reading is the best way to pick up tricks and styles from peers; writing a lot is the only way to improve. You have to be really awful at something before you can hope to be good at it, same with just about anything.