PDA

View Full Version : Forums vs Chat

realwing
11-19-2014, 06:47 AM
There are two main parts to the site. Forums and Chat. I was wondering which people prefer and use the most and what your reasons are

Are you a Forum Legend who always gets replies to their threads?
Are you a Chat Hero who everyone greets as they come online?

Personally, I prefer the forums as I have time to formulate my sentences properly and think things through before I send them.

SweetTeen
11-19-2014, 06:56 AM
Chat Hero? More like gD King ;p

An_Jon
11-19-2014, 07:01 AM
I lurk in both, wouldn't say I'm overly prolific in either. I'd say chat though, narrowly.

lola.fox
11-19-2014, 09:50 AM
i like both! but i prefer chat more, since i usually only comment in truth and lounge threads :) i like a lot of the people i've met in the chat and there's usually always something interesting going on in there.

mashachan
11-19-2014, 10:40 AM
I did try the chat 4 times.. and always it were the same terrible experience.

older member spaming the main chat... no hi no question answered... you donīt get into touch at all.
When the chatrooms arenīt that full it is okay....but not worth for me to join the chat anymore.. so i do chat somewhere else and just use the forum.

Rachie
11-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Are you a Forum Legend who always gets replies to their threads?

I don't make a lot of threads, however past story did recieve quite a few replies (5485 replies / 3.339 million views)

Again i have quite a vast postage count, (5147 posts) however alot of these are in the secret den or privately else were (mod area's)

Are you a Chat Hero who everyone greets as they come online?

Everyone greets me???

Yes spend quite a lot of time in the chat rooms, (often doing stuff hidden though)

-----

ANSWER
Probably both. (Reason not voting lol)

minimarshmellow
11-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Since I am not much on tord I much rather the chat. The people there are really cool once you get to know them. I like that I can get responses really quick for questions I have about fetishes. I also like that I can give quick responses to those that need help.

realwing
11-22-2014, 02:19 PM
With the score at 14-13, in favour of the forums, I didn't really expect it to be that close. I thought forums would have been quite far ahead. Partially because I thought there would be some people who never use the forums and only the chat, so wouldn't have noticed the poll.

Personally, I couldn't really get my head around the chat and found it hard to participate. When in the chat, I notice a lot of names I never see in the forums so maybe I'm missing out on a a great part of the community of getDare.

sweetsong
11-22-2014, 03:44 PM
Mmm I used to prefer forums but now I like never post. :eek:

Foxy Rose
11-22-2014, 11:34 PM
I am not voting on this one. When I first got on the site, I lurked before joining and enjoyed reading the stories and threads and what nots. Recently I've enjoyed posting to the forums more. I find it interesting what some people say on there. But I am still in chat. I might not speak there often but I am usually in whisper or private with someone so I am there, not just always giving my two cents worth. Anyway, this is a split vote for me. I recently started posting to the forums and I do enjoy chat. So 1-1 to both if that counts?

Kisune Karnon
12-02-2014, 01:36 AM
I have to say both. For your poll though I chose Chat.

LitDarkness
12-02-2014, 05:45 AM
I like forums better. I hardly go in chat.

Jah Brother
12-03-2014, 12:44 AM
Chat all day every day.
I need a hobby

Itdoubt
12-12-2014, 09:46 PM
It seems quite hard to get involved in chat sometimes! So I prefer these forums.