PDA

View Full Version : New database?

Big_Joe
03-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Hey depp! I think u should try makin a database for people who can only do dares by themselves or a new, better version of digital master!
It would rock!

depp
03-30-2006, 12:21 AM
This is being worked on. The long-term plan for getdare.com includes several new database features followed by some really exciting new additions.
I stopped working on Digital Master because there seemed to be nobody who actuially got into it. I may return to this software application idea (along with getDare desktop) in the future when the site is more mature.

Your ideas are being worked on and should be live only months away from now (I hope). getDare is getting better, it just takes me a bit.

depp
03-30-2006, 12:21 AM
This post moved to the getdDare.com forum.

Big_Joe
03-30-2006, 08:34 AM
kk thx depp!:D

xdressslave
03-30-2006, 04:29 PM
I stopped working on Digital Master because there seemed to be nobody who actuially got into it. I may return to this software application idea (along with getDare desktop) in the future when the site is more mature.
I've downloaded Digital Master. I think the concept of it is very basic, yet powerfull.

However, the program doesn't come with much of a master side to it. Just the very basic preinstalled commands. And there aren't many of them.

I think people may have not taken an interest because it was so basic, and the tasks included were so basic they looked like they were added at the last minute.

I know of a couple of other digital master programs, which are more powerful than Getdare.com's Digital Master, however are far more complicated. The scripts that power them are so advanced that many subs ask for "script masters" to write them scripts.

With competition like this, Digital Master will always seem like the little boys toys of digital masters.

depp
03-30-2006, 10:29 PM
I would love to see what other people are doing. I was unaware of such software. I just mess around when I'm bored (story of this site).

I'll see if I can't whip up something better here in the future. You all know how slow I move though ;)

Big_Joe
03-30-2006, 11:51 PM
yeah can u send some links to these other masters!

xdressslave
03-31-2006, 12:13 AM
Well it's Depps call, cause it's his site.

If Depp doesn't mind me posting these links to the [competition] masters, then sure. Otherwise I'll send them to Depp via PM.

depp
03-31-2006, 02:22 AM
It would be really cool if you could PM that to me. Love to see what else is out there. :D

chain
03-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Hint of advice...don't make it look like malwarew because some people who don't know you might ust thnk screw this. Ya'know

depp
04-01-2006, 05:26 AM
I like shady software :D ;)
I'll try and do a better job making it look legit next time. Maybe I'll write a help file too. :-) hehe

daretycoon
04-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Hey depp! I think u should try makin a database for people who can only do dares by themselves or a new, better version of digital master!
It would rock!
IT WOULD ROCK!!

depp
04-30-2006, 04:28 AM
I have big upgrade plans for getDare however I am currently busy on other projects. A new user profile system will make connecting with other TorD peeps a snap (I'm excited about this). The problem is getting these forums on the new system and then getting old users to fill out the profiles (new users will be forced). I may have to hire someone to move the database. Things are coming with time. Lots of them.

Digital Master may be back but most likely after my next site fixup. ;)

Big_Joe
05-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Couldn't u do something along the lines of making every1 get a new user profile and if they can send u the username and password of their old account, giving them any dare points or prizes they had got?

depp
05-02-2006, 12:50 AM
I could do that but I would like old users who come back to still have a working site login. There is a way I con do this but it is very convoluted and will take me half a day. All this stull will happen. Just not quite yet. Have a few other projects going forward at the moment.

Trust me, a little delay before the upgrade will be good for the site. :D

chain
05-02-2006, 02:18 PM
If you need me to make a profile let me know...

userben
05-02-2006, 05:28 PM
i think it time for change that would be cool